Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DesertAngel

The Four Sabers

DesertAngel

I know the story of Arturia Pendragon. (Can be found on Wikipedia.) I believe she's the "Saber" with the blue dress and the braided ring of hair. But, I have questions about the other three Sabers.

Saber Lily. Is there really a story about her? My research on the internet indicates she's basically a combatant in video games. Other than being an alternate version of Arturia Pendragon, who is she?

Saber Nero. She seems to be related somehow to the corrupt Roman emperor Nero. But, I have no idea how. Can somebody fill me in?

Saber Alter. Definitely the scariest of the lot. I know that Saber is eventually killed in battle by Mordred, who is a mirror opposite of Arturia. Is Alter actually Mordred?

Thank you, in advance, for answers.

Aile

Before anything: Take this with a grain of salt. I know I've read this up somewhere back when I used to be a huge saber fan, but I left that vortex long ago so my memory is hazy lmao

As far as I know for Lily, no there's no actual backstory for her as she was meant to be an alternate costume. I did hear that Lily is essentially what would be the result had caster took full control of her (back in UBW route??? ) , ironically making her more of a bad guy than Alter herself.

Nero is the roman emperor. The only reason why she has a similar appearance with arthuria is because type-moon wants to cash in on the saber hype lmao.

Alter is not mordred, She's still arthuria, but you can't exactly say that she's a villain. Here's a quote from her wiki page:

She is more of a dark hero who is still an idealist clinging to her own values even after being blackened. After taking in the hatred of the curse, she comes to the realization that the duty of a hero is to be hated and ostracized, that a hero's only duty is to cut down foes using all their strength. She believes that she was prepared for such an outcome upon drawing Caliburn, and decides to entrust her blade to All the World's Evils. While she still takes her duty as king seriously, believing it is her obligation to those whose lives were lost because of her, she no longer believes in the ideals set for herself and her people. The end was concluded long ago, after all her prayers and glory vanished on the hill in Camlann.

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG

DesertAngel
Alter is not mordred, She's still arthuria, but you can't exactly say that she's a villain. Here's a quote from her wiki page:

She is more of a dark hero who is still an idealist clinging to her own values even after being blackened. ... she no longer believes in the ideals set for herself and her people. The end was concluded long ago, after all her prayers and glory vanished on the hill in Camlann.

Camlann was where Arturia was killed. Sounds like Alter is a "zombie" version of Saber. That might explain the white skin?

Thank you very much for your reply! Difficult to get information if you don't read Japanese. (And I don't!)

Aile

You're welcome??

although truth be told, You could just look it up on the type moon wiki, isn't that in english lol

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG

Tira

Saber Alter isn't a zombie; she's more of a corrupted/mind controlled version of Saber. She only shows up in the Heaven's Feel route, which is the very last one, and I don't think she appears at all in the anime. Her origins are fairly complicated, but you can check her wiki page for more information.

Aile
Saber Alter isn't a zombie; she's more of a corrupted/mind controlled version of Saber. She only shows up in the Heaven's Feel route, which is the very last one, and I don't think she appears at all in the anime. Her origins are fairly complicated, but you can check her wiki page for more information.

She appears in Prisma Illya, but that probably doesn't really count

CREW:

IG

foo
Saber Alter isn't a zombie; she's more of a corrupted/mind controlled version of Saber.

This is true. But I do consider her 'undead' hence the white skin as DesertAngel said. Unfortunately we don't have spoiler tags here, so I'll try not to be too specific... when a servant is defeated, they're supposed to 'go away.' The alter versions are like servants who 'came back.' In Prisma Illya (which I try not to make too much sense out of), all the servants are in the 'came back' state. Generally speaking they don't have their humanity and they're just like manifestations of the servant classes based on… ok it'll get confusing trying to go into detail.

As things go Saber's an exception among the servants, so she has more of a mind than the other alters. Except maybe in Prisma Illya She was really scary though (・・')

Anna-neko

first of all, it really doesn't help SABER is just a fighting class, just like Gilgamesh is ARCHER class or Media is CASTER class

....but with other classes each "spirit" summoned at least had their original looking clothes, so you'd never confuse Gilgamesh Archer for Shirou Archer.... while most of SABERs we seen so far were all built on the exact same design (cash cow? cash cow!)

Saber "the original" is King Arthur genderbent

EXTRA is Emperor Nero, genderbent because Nasu-verse without more girls would be no Nasu-verse at all

Alter is "dead" Saber the original, corrupted by the spilling hate of the Grail. My personal headcanon is once a "hero" has been corrupted to that level, they might as well be dead.... tehre's no other point of return

there are even more Sabers out there!!

such as "Saber of Red" in Fate/Apocrypha (confusing title is hella confusing) who is Mordred. Her design has a ponytail instead of a bun, and short shorts with a red jacket

Also "Sakura Saber" who is gender-bent Okita Souji of Shinsengumi fame...

Edited by Guest

foo

Actually, I also forgot to explain the Saber Alter from Fate/hollow ataraxia, which is what Saber's DD is from. That's the Saber Alter you get when you just

. She shows up in Carnival Phantasm too.

It's worth mentioning that while Fate/hollow ataraxia is a canonical sequel to Fate/stay night, it's mainly a comedic fan-disc.

DesertAngel
...such as "Saber of Red" in Fate/Apocrypha (confusing title is hella confusing) who is Mordred. Her design has a ponytail instead of a bun, and short shorts with a red jacket

Also "Sakura Saber" who is gender-bent Okito Souji of Shinsengumi fame...

Thanks! This fills in missing information. I had heard that Mordred was a mirror image of everything Arturia is not. I had also heard that they had a physical resemblance to each other. Nice to have that confirmed.

I wonder when Volks is going to come out with a "Saber of Red?" (I thought that was Nero. Wrong guess!)

Again, thanks to everyone for saying something. Even the disagreements are interesting. I am learning like crazy.

Anna-neko
I wonder when Volks is going to come out with a "Saber of Red?" (I thought that was Nero. Wrong guess!)

hehe, all the many FATE franchise branches like to confuse us

Prisma Illya and Carnival Phantasm are the gags universe where nothing should be taken at canon face-value

EXTRA is the PSP video game branch that attempts building on the original's timeline but gets weird as a different artist designed it

Apocrypha universe is an alternative world: completely different timeline, with a BLACK team & a RED team (insert your TF2 jokes here)

for example along with Saber of Red there is a Saber of Black who is Siegfried of ..the... errr.. Norse sagas?

and lets not forget the original male King Arthur from Prototype. I am still incredibly sad we didnt get that one... he looked good

altho a similar looking rare male-Saber in PSP game, and that hero also hailed from Knights of Round Table myths and is Gawain

Galvatim

All the Saber variants are getting absurd at this point. Nasu/Type-Moon needs to create something new already. Or at least release that Tsukihime remake.

I was wondering what was up with this one. Here I thought it was just Arturia in a Japanese outfit for a new figure... I'm even less interested in the figure now.

needsmorelace

Just for giggles, I'd kinda like to see Diarmuid as a Saber class...You know, the dual wielding Lancer class from Zero? Yeah, kinda awesome!

Anna-neko

I was wondering what was up with this one. Here I thought it was just Arturia in a Japanese outfit for a new figure... I'm even less interested in the figure now.

heheheh, I would of liked to see Okita-onna dealing with a broken blade & then nearly biting someone's head off when they suggest she gets more rest instead of rushing into battle as that "consumption" cough is getting worse

Altho.. this is purely from consuming too damn much anime, but her design is wrong! She wears taisho-era clothes (too much Sakura Wars...) but Okita was already dead by then

Proctor of the Dawn

I'm waiting to see a good custom of Modred