Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
tubatime1010

Greetings from Ohio!

tubatime1010

Hello all! *waves*

I'm Tubatime1010 and I'm from Columbus, Ohio. (Maybe there's some others here, too? ) I'm decently new to the Dollfie scene, I have been researching for some months now, but I have yet to get my first full girl. I have been watching eBay for a while and I have a body and a few odds and ends that I've picked up as a result.

I discovered Dollfie, like many others it seems, after collecting figures for a few years. I am now attempting to sell off all but my most prized figures in order to help fund doll stuff. I figure that by doing so, I may be able to afford at least one doll, maybe two if the first one isn't too pricey. Sadly, she is just that. If I can find her at all I anticipate having to spend $2000 on her.

Dream Dolls (In order)

• Natsuki
    Moe

There's plenty of Moe out there...but absolutely no Natsuki that I have seen. Even just getting her wig that came as a bonus opportunity with the most recent fan book seems to be a lost cause (Anyone out there who can still order them? I'm new, yes...but my eBay feedback can vouch for my honesty).

I'm also working on a couple other projects with the help of another member of Dollfie Dreams. They will utilize the eBayed body I have (DDII, M Bust) so I just need to get the faceups done and get wigs and clothes. Here's a bit about them:

I am a huge AKB48 fan (Anyone else out there?) and while Natsuki-chan is my dream character doll, my true dream doll is a recreating of my favorite member. All I really know now is that the head will be the new DDH-06 head and I will be snapping it up as soon as it comes out even if I have to order from Japan! While Im not ready for the reveal just yet, I will be before the year is out and I promise there will be plenty of her photos all over the boards.

There is also an anime inspired character in the works. Again, I will be keeping her under wraps as well until I can provide details (and post pictures!).

More about me for anyone who wants to know:

• I work in a factory
    I know a decent amount of Japanese (JLPT 2)
    I'm 22
    I have 2 dogs and some fish

Any other questions just ask! I'm also more than willing to take on smallish Japanese-English translation projects for anyone who needs it. It helps me to get more exposure to the language.

Looking forward to meeting everyone here!

Kumi

Hello and welcome to the forum

I'm from Poland , but my neighborhood is jokingly called Ohio, and Manhattan is at the other side of city

There's plenty of Moe out there...but absolutely no Natsuki that I have seen.

Your dream girl is nearer than You think.

Moe is Natsuki, and Natsuki is Moe. They only have different wig, eyes and faceup, head is the same.

Maybe just do a magical transformation

Pupi

Welcome!

That's a perfect introduction

Your dream girl is nearer than You think.

Moe is Natsuki, and Natsuki is Moe. They only have different wig, eyes and faceup, head is the same.

Maybe just do a magical transformation

That's right! Natsuki and Moe share the same head mold^^ You could buy a full Moe and then ask to a Make-up artist to cancel Moe's face-up and create a Nastuki-like face-up instead ><

You have choosen a pretty girl as "most wanted" one: it's rare, popular and pricey XD I hope you can find the "chosen one" Natsuki only for you! She will come to you, just wait...

btw, here you will find many other places over E-bay where you can find DDs^^

Have fun in this nice place!!!

enthusiast pasta girl - she/her - power bi

Mini Mode Lab

Talolili

Welcome! And the others are correct, Moe and Natsuki share the same head mold.

tubatime1010

Wow thanks for the info everyone! Now I just need to find a wig. I hate to destroy Moe though because she's a cutie, too. Maybe I'll end up falling for Moe once I get her. Only time will tell!

Kumi

I'll try the eyes and wig first, maybe it will be enough to win Your heart

tubatime1010

Anyone seen a Natsuki in person? Is the wig's styling and color attainable on my own?

I'd LOVE to get her side ponytail wig that was available with the fanbook purchase. So again if anyone has the wigs still available to them and wants to make a quick buck let me know!

Those of you who are familiar with eyes: are her eyes a limited style, too?

Oh and does this forum allow for "quick reply" or do you always have to load the new page? My phone browser is a bit slow at times so it'd be cool if it was available somehow. Maybe it's because I have too few posts?

mitsuki

Welcome, tubatime1010! I hope you can fulfill your DD dreams! Yes, Natsuki's eyes are unique. They are F-type animetic eyes in "rurikon." Volks released other eye styles in rurikon but not the F-type. As for her wig, it is a lovely bright red color. It is brighter than Leeke World's "brown carrot" and more red than Cancan j-series "rust." I think with enough looking around, a similar color can be found. The style is quite unique too. CotinDoll had a wig of a similar style. I don't know if they come in a Natsuki-like color.

Halcyon

Welcome, tubatime1010! Make yourself at home.

Oh and does this forum allow for "quick reply" or do you always have to load the new page? My phone browser is a bit slow at times so it'd be cool if it was available somehow. Maybe it's because I have too few posts?

There is currently no "quick reply." To post a reply or quote someone, you will be taken to a different page where you can type your message. In other words, your browser will have to load another page every time you make a reply.

You brought up a good point; having the ability to send a quick reply without having to load a new page would save time for those who just want to... send a quick reply. Keep in mind that "quick reply" has its own disadvantages (e.g. not being able to bold, hyperlink, or change the front size of a word). If you want, you could go here to suggest it for consideration.

If you have any question, feel free to ask.

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

OtakuDepot

Hi tubatime1010, welcome to our little family!!!

There is something I just have to know and I'm surprised nobody has asked it yet...

Do you in fact play the tuba?

Just curious. hehe I played the saxaphone (first alto then baritone) for a number of years in the school band. Later moved to guitar and studied that in college for a bit.

I wish you the best of luck getting Natsuki. While Moe has the same head I'd say keep a close eye on the online sources, you may be able to get Natsuki. Are you checking Yahoo Japan Auctions and Mandarake, other places like that? Ebay may be the easiest to buy from when your in the USA but it's not usually the best place.

(Don't forget to keep an eye on figure.fm classifieds and Dollfie sections, here as well. I got Yoko and Mio, both dream dolls for me, from private sellers at these places. I also got really good deals on them as well)

**James.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

tubatime1010

I played the tuba in high school. I don't own one of my own because they cost 6-10 thousand dollars and...well...yeah...lol

As far as natsuki goes, I have seen many auctions up on Y!JA but they go too high to be acceptable for me. I want her...but she's not worth 2000 dollars or more to me. My AKB48 member themed doll is going to be the doll that I will pay whatever it takes to get it perfect.

Until DDH-06 comes out, however I think I will be happy with my Miu (In transit) and my friend's Yukino that's spending a few weeks here.