Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Emi

Saber Lily's wig detached; anyone willing to repair?

Emi

I'm not sure if this would be better suited here or under "Clothes, Wigs, Jewelry, and Items," but since this involves a Volks-made wig instead of a custom job (and to be honest, I would like as many people to see this as possible), I eventually decided to post it here. Besides, once the situation has been dealt with, I could probably convert this into a general "Saber Lily's wig broke, please help" thread, since this seems to be a common occurrence (thanks, Volks).

[Copied almost verbatim from Flickr, since I'm horrible at writing things up.]

Saber Lily's ponytail finally decided to detach itself today. I apparently can't ask Volks to replace it, because I had to buy her off a Y!J auction, and they won't replace wigs bought off auction. I can't buy another wig off auction either, because they're going up over $400 (which would end up over $600 with deputy fees), and that is just simply too much.

Has anyone who dealt with a broken Saber Lily wig been able to repair theirs? Shii and I have been trying to repair the wig, but the hole in the netting is way too small for the stub to go through. If anyone's willing to help, or even repair the wig for us, please drop a line!

phoenix

I did fix mine before I sent it back to Volks. I used hot glue. I tied the hair that forms the stub together again, just temporarily so doesn’t have to tie it that hard. Then using hot glue, I glued the hair that forms that short stub together. You can probably use other glue like Krazy Glue, Super Glue. I use hot glue because it's faster to harden. A few squirt from an inverted compressed air can and the stub is hard and ready to go. Once the glue cools, the stub now is formed permanently and will not get lose that easily. In fact, now I can untie the string and the ends of hairs are still glue together. Now I tie the stub together again, this harder and closer to the base. Then I put the ribbons back around the stub and then while stretching the hair net on the pony tail a bit, I put the pony tail back onto the now glued together stub. I didn't use any glue on the pony tail because it seems secure enough. If it is not secure enough for you, then I would suggest put glue only on the tip of the stub, then fit the pony tail back up. Anyway I fixed it back and the wig looked almost as good as new. But then I had to ship mine back to Volks because Volks sent me a replacement wig.

Sachi

Happy to say Saber Lily's wig has been repaired thanks to stubbing and my minimal sewing skills! It really doesn't look any different than it did prior to breaking, which is what I was aiming for. I'm still not at all pleased with how Volks is making wigs like Lily's and Sakuno's (while we don't have her, I have heard her wig has similar problems), but it makes me feel better that we can handle her without having her wig come off on us again.

MsGeek

I really don't like that wig period. I've seen better wigs on her recently now that people are getting their Saber Lily girls and personalizing them a bit. She's got a gorgeous sculpt. The beauty of this hobby is that the goal is to make these dolls truly your own.

baldylox

My Yoko has had the same problem before. Since I got her used, I found out that she had her ponytail reattached and not so well. It's kind of loose and I really need to fix it using the methods I've seen posted on Twitter and Figurefm, lately. Like this one:

http://www.katiebair.com/wigtutorial_stubbing.html

That shows exactly how to do the repairs. Just substitute the ponytail for that bulb looking thing at the last picture.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Nekopon

I'm not very crafty and I'm afraid to kill the wig permanently. Is anyone willing to fix Saber Lily's hair for me for a little handling payment? T__T;

Strife212

My dad actually fixed mine for me, lol. He used hotglue to attach it again.

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

Nehelenia

I can try fix it for you and for free of course but you will have to ship it all the way to Greece. If you don't mind I would be more then happy to help