Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ladyshi

Which size Dollfie Dream would you recommend?

ladyshi

I love by Dddy girl, but I realise she's quite hard to shop for. There just aren't many outfits out there that fit her (and as a complete novice with sewing and crafting, it'll take me a while to get to the level that I can create anything half-decent for her). Which made me thing; is there a particular size or build that is easier for a new person to the hobby to enjoy? Are there any models or sizes worth avoiding, or do they all face similar challenges?

Any experiences of pros/cons of specific sizes would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

baldylox

Hmm, it's odd you say that you're having issues with finding DDdy sized clothing. I have lots of DDdy girls and clothing is pretty easy to get for them. Most 1/3 SD sizes from Alices Collections fit them just fine. Nightfall also sells some really nice stuff for that size body. Plus there's always Volks stuff too, loads of their SD resin clothing is listed as fitting the DDdy girls too. Cool Cats also does lots of clothing and lingerie for the DDdy girls too. So I think there's plenty of nice options out there for the curvier girls, you just have to look in the right places!

As for what's the easiest sizes to get clothing for, that's probably going to be the DD2 and DD3 M-bust girls. They're very similar in size to most 58-60cm resins so any of the big websites that sell clothes for those will fit the DD2 and 3. Plus most of Volks clothing fits this size too so plenty to find from them.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime

I like the D3, and DDS One piece torso bodies. I have two that are based on the D2 and I find the leg movement at the hip to be more limited than the DIII body. They don't sit upright as well as the D3. Everything else about them is fine. The one piece torso has more limited movement, but looks better in clothing that shows their mid-drift.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Cauldroness
Hmm, it's odd you say that you're having issues with finding DDdy sized clothing. I have lots of DDdy girls and clothing is pretty easy to get for them. Most 1/3 SD sizes from Alices Collections fit them just fine. Nightfall also sells some really nice stuff for that size body. Plus there's always Volks stuff too, loads of their SD resin clothing is listed as fitting the DDdy girls too. Cool Cats also does lots of clothing and lingerie for the DDdy girls too. So I think there's plenty of nice options out there for the curvier girls, you just have to look in the right places!

I think it depends on what style of clothes you're looking for.

I sold my only DDdy for a variety of reasons, but one of the Top 3 was my frustration with finding clothes that I liked for her. I had very few pieces that I liked, that fit her, and that fit her the way I wanted them to fit. I've been collecting BJDs / DDs for nearly a decade now, so it's not like I'm unaware of places to shop, either.

For some fashion styles -- DDdy clothes are very easy to find. For other styles -- DDdy clothes can be nearly impossible. I think it's getting better, as more reason companies introduce super-shapely ladies, but it can still be frustrating.

In comparison, I have no problem dressing the DD and DDS girls.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

baldylox
I think it depends on what style of clothes you're looking for.

I guess this is true but I have a wide range of styles that my girls wear from super sexy to casual to Lolita and long dresses and long sleeves and I haven't had any issues finding stuff for them.

I sold my only DDdy for a variety of reasons, but one of the Top 3 was my frustration with finding clothes that I liked for her. I had very few pieces that I liked, that fit her, and that fit her the way I wanted them to fit. I've been collecting BJDs / DDs for nearly a decade now, so it's not like I'm unaware of places to shop, either.

Maybe I'm not as picky as you are then. Not a dig at you or anything, just saying that the stuff I've got for mine works well for me and them so I've been very happy with what I have for them no matter what company I got them from. Some of the things I've gotten WERE a bit tight across the chest or hips before but I either didn't have an issue with it or I used those clothes for my L-bust girls on DD2 bodies.

For some fashion styles -- DDdy clothes are very easy to find. For other styles -- DDdy clothes can be nearly impossible. I think it's getting better, as more reason companies introduce super-shapely ladies, but it can still be frustrating.

Yeah I agree. Loads of sexy stuff for them but hey, that's the target style for those bodies overall. Why hide those curves when you paid for them? And yes, things are WAY easier to find for the DDdy girls now compared to when I started almost 5 years ago. Other than Volks there were like TWO places I could find things that fit them. Now there's plenty of options. But like you said, it will depend on the style of clothes you want, some things are definitely harder to find than others.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

sklurk

my suggestion would be to shop for clothing first... find styles and clothing you like and see what sizes they're made for, then when you find a few outfits you really like, you can make a selection for body.