Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

fenrir z78

Making a bust

mitsuki

Wow! This latest one looks amazing! It is already a lovely teardrop shape. I think Suzuna was trying to make sure you don't make them too round on the top. These look nicely under the influence of gravity and look very natural. I like the angle they are pointing too. They have a nice separation and are not both pointing too forward.

fenrir z78

Thanks Mitsuki. I have been useing all the iinformation that I have gathered. I hate saying this but I can probably make a bust with out looking at it. I still need more input. If things work out good I may be able to get a new DDy body and all the parts for a new girl I have been comeing up with. But I am not goting to put the cart before the horse.

Suzuna

Oh wow, the shape of this one looks fabulous! I think we have a winner here It's obviously affected by gravity without looking saggy, and the nipples are high but not TOO high. You got exactly what I was talking about with the teardrop shape.

fenrir z78

I am glad you like it Suzuna. I have a feeling that bust type D is the one that most people will like. I would like some more input form more people in the group.

There is a story that just came to mind from my child hood. It is about this little hen that was harvesting wheat and trying to get her friends to help but none of them did. So the little hen did all the work by her self. In the end the little hen made this sweet bread out of the wheat that she harvested. All her friends said that they would like a peace of the sweet bread. But the little hen said to them I tryed to get you to help me harvest the wheat but on one helped. So on one is going to help me eat the bread.

There is more to the story but I am sure that everone understands what I am saying. So if you can give me some input on this project then that would be very helpful.

Suzuna

Hmm, do you sand those down before making a mold? I know silicone can be pretty sensitive, you might get a smoother finish if you really gave them a good sanding first. Even if it looks fine to the eye on something solid, on silicone it might look lumpier!

fenrir z78

When I get ready to make the mold I will make sure everthing is good and smoth as I can. The silicone that I am using for the mold picks up every little thing. If I have a light fingerprint on the master it will show in the mold and on the copy. But in this case I dont want it smoth as glass. That would leave a shine on the copy. So I need to have it a little more like skin texture. If there is a lump that should not be there in the copy I will fine tune the copy and make a new mold. But I am trying my best so I will not have to do that.

Suzuna

Wow, that sounds like a big pain. The skin tone example you had recently didn't seem to be lumpy though, so you must be doing it just fine! Don't worry too much about it becoming shiny, silicone is just something you have to powder once in awhile regardless.

fenrir z78

The silicone that I am useing you do not have to powder that much. As for the example that I have. Oh man where to start on that. Lets just say I had to learn the hard way. Very Very Hard.

jadepixel

You've made really good progress!

One sculpting tutorial I was looking at had a final step of spray-on surface. It smoothed over small imperfections and removed need for a lot of fine sanding. I wish I knew what the spray was, it looked useful for this type of project.

In the Unoa Freaks 2 book, there is a behind the scenes for Araki sculpting an Unoa head. At one point he cut off the left ear, and put it next to the right ear, so he could compare and get the symmetry perfect. In other words, you can't be afraid to mangle your sculpt a bit, the true final product is the cast

Suzuna

Now I'm imagining cut-off breasts next to a torso sculpt! XD

Saluli

The sculpt looks perfect now!

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

mitsuki

I think it looks great too.

We have a similar story about an ant and a grasshopper. The ant works really hard all summer collecting and storing food. The grasshopper plays all summer. When winter comes, the grasshopper has no food and tries to get food from the ant.

Waynio

Great job!! The progress you have made is astounding! You have done a great job bringing out the natural look. A lot better than the Volks ones themselves.

Do you plan to make them for DD2 bodies as well?

Wayne

fenrir z78
I think it looks great too.

We have a similar story about an ant and a grasshopper. The ant works really hard all summer collecting and storing food. The grasshopper plays all summer. When winter comes, the grasshopper has no food and tries to get food from the ant.

Witch moral are you refuring to in this story. The moral that I recall about from that story is There is a time to work and there is a time to play. But I may be wrong.

fenrir z78
Great job!! The progress you have made is astounding! You have done a great job bringing out the natural look. A lot better than the Volks ones themselves.

Do you plan to make them for DD2 bodies as well?

Wayne

That is the only body type that my master mold is for. I may be able to mod it to fit the DDy. But I am not trying to think about that yet. I got biger fish to fry.

mitsuki

The grasshopper didn't do any work but wanted food from the hardworking ant. There are many variations though. I feel like the hen did all the work, but the others who didn't work wanted her food. It is unfair to the hen. Neither the hen nor the ant should have to share what they collected with the others who didn't help.

I think the ant and grasshopper story is trying to tell kids to invest in their retirement funds starting in junior high. I am kidding. The story is supposed to make kids realize there are consequences for not working hard enough and to strengthen work ethic. In some versions, the ant feels sorry for the grasshopper and helps him anyway. But then that would teach kids that there is always a way to get out of trouble.

Maybe that means then we are all supposed to be making busts. If we don't, then there won't be any busts for us by the time winter comes.

fenrir z78

I have heard the story The Ant and Grasshopper told many defrent ways. That was why I asked. I have a odd way of looking at things. I see things that others do not. And I try to think of others before myself. All that I am good for is working. I know nothing else. The only time someone talks to me is when they want something fixed or made. So the odds of me just giveing away those bust that I worked so hard on is very good. It would not be the firt time I have done this. And the very odd thing is that I dont want anything in return. This project was a way for me to be part of the group but there is only a hand full of people that gave it the time of day to post on it.

Waynio

Well i tell ya i think it's cool what you are doing. I don't really know how to sculpt and make molds, but i sure would love to. My big thing is i lack the actual time to do it. Being a truck driver, i don;t get to go home to often, and when i do, i spend all my time with my wife and daughter.

My dad does have some nice shop tools at his house, and he wants me to start coming over more when i'm home so he can see the daughter and wife, so i guess i'll try to put some of them wood-shop and carpenter skills i have to use again!! I hope to build a house for Aoi one day and have it furnished.

I will say though, you have inspired me to start building stuff again.

And you don't have to give me anything free. I enjoy having conversations with ya, plus being able to be a part of your creative process. That's reward enough got me!!

Wayne

Suzuna

I really think you should at least charge to cover your costs, Fenrir! You do good work and put in a lot of effort, and just the cost of all the materials you must have used to come this far ALONE is probably crazy high. I understand the gift giving impulse (I'm trying to get decent at sewing so I can do it some myself ), but you have to draw the line somewhere.

mitsuki

I think this is a really fun topic. I had caught a cold when this topic was first posted. Later when I saw it, it really cheered my up. I think it is exciting to see how things are made and see the amazing progress. It is like watching how a movie like Jurassic Park or Alien was made. I think people may take their silicon busts for granted. Now I can understand why they can cost so much. It looks like a massive amount of work to get just the right bust.

fenrir z78

I need to stop for a bit on the bust. Starting to get burned out. Anyways I was playing around on some dress forms and came up with this. ( I can not get way from the boobs!!! Make them stop. )

here is type A

6245270252_550a36207b_z.jpg

6245270292_be5726f8e2_z.jpg

side and back

6244748965_3f66b37440_z.jpg

6244748925_86807f7486_z.jpg

here is type B

It is cut just after the hips start to curve down. It is more ideal for a dress.

6244749031_80418cb7b8_z.jpg

Waynio

I think the type a purple set is cute!! The type b dress looks great! Looks like you can do quite a bit with it. I'd like to see some different designs/combinations with it.

Keep up the good work!

Wayne

Suzuna

Agreed, love the dress form. I like how you're adding collar bones! ^^

fenrir z78
Agreed, love the dress form. I like how you're adding collar bones! ^^

Sorry but I can not take credit for that. Those forms where made from a mold of a DDy body. I was worryed about ruining May's body. Needless to say the mold did not work the way I was planing. Theres about 80 to 90 dollars down the drain. The bad thing is that I have spent a bit too much money on this project. Ill put it like this I could of got the preorder Saber and 2 outfits. Oh and here is a kick in the head I will now have to change the way I have been makeing the bust. So all the molds and protypes that I have are now useless. I am going to try it once more. As we say in HVAC " It will blow or it will go." The bad thing about this project is that I know there is no way that I can regain the money that I lost. And I would more then likely just give them away If they turned out ok. Oh well.