Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Smart Doll Boy & DD Body Comparison

JChiibs

I tried to make this as self-explanatory as possible. No clothes just to make it much easier to see the various joints and whatnot.

20327798170_c962fce862_z.jpg

20515877485_f49d852485_z.jpg

I know the 'headless' versions are weird. Many times over the years I've been in the hobby it has driven me nuts trying to figure out heights between dolls I'm thinking about getting but will be swapping the head, only for it to change the height measurement. So the measurements listed below are from the heel to the top of the neck, but does not include the internal neck piece.

20489416336_1398167d6b_z.jpg

20489504816_a9b7c7464a_z.jpg

20327602170_2b9bcc2ab3_z.jpg

20328905319_386992a4ab_z.jpg

20328815699_828e9f071e_z.jpg

20515569315_595131bc4e_z.jpg

20489619376_2cf3ce92ae_z.jpg

20506994492_f8be322b2f_z.jpg

20329103709_a0d38a432e_z.jpg

20329080949_d33672f16f_z.jpg

20522115581_1b9465d84d_z.jpg

~Sister Kyoya

• Like 1

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Janeway

Cool pictures and l like them.

K-2

Nicely done.

MVSig.jpg

baldylox

Very nice work! It's great to see all these body types lined up like this, it makes things way easier to compare! And kudos for doing the hands and feet as well, I was wondering how those would match up.

Thanks for the pics and the hard work in making them!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Lore

Thanks for the pics Sister! Very helpful indeed.

At Home:

DD Snow Miku, DD Luka, DDS Makoto, DD Airy, DDS KizunaAI

katnaper

Great work. I love the height comparison its very helpful! Tama will indeed be too small for Lucas in the SmDB body though.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

heerowings

Thank you so much for the body comparison photos!

I'm happy to see that a DD will match the Smart Doll Boy's height well. I am relieved that they will make a good couple in height. Hahas.

jazijaz

Thank you for the pictures! the one with the DDIII gives me a good idea of his height because I might use this body with a resin head. Perfect!!

JChiibs

I'm really glad that these photos were helpful to so many. I was starting to hit a frustration point where I wasn't even sure how much help they would even be. My stress was piling up, feeling like I'm 2 weeks behind on getting things designed for Eiji.

It is so hard when a new doll size comes out because there is so many questions that anyone interested wants to ask, so I've done my best to try and answer the ones most pertinent to the DD community. I know how relieved I was seeing Ralph standing next to Ellie, and he was finally the height he was aiming for.

I'm glad that I could give answers as soon as I was able. Multiple times now I've stressed over DD preorders and if the specific girls will work for the characters I want, and being unsure for so long is frustrating and draining. So many of us have waited for real DD boys that I wanted the info to be out there as quickly as possible. Being as involved as I have been in this entire process has really blown my mind. Most days when I try to comprehend what has already happened all I can do is just shake my head. Everyday this hobby continues to change my life in ways I could have never expected when Raven and I took the photos for our first photo story. And having such a supportive set of friends on the forums just makes it all that much more rewarding.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

merry-go-round

Thank you for the information. When I see the height between the DDS and Smart doll boy...wow

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

JChiibs

Actually I think the height difference is good most especially for a girl who loves to wear heels. But then again if she always does, what's the point of her being a DDS and not a DD? Who knows. I think too much.

~Sister Kyoya

RaverBJDJunky

this is so helpfull! thank you so much for posting this. i am alittle dissapointed the male has the "Ken doll crotch" thing going on though

Tira

Thank you so much for doing this! It's really nice to get the relative heel-to-neck heights; it helps me judge what the differences in height means on a practical level.

Cinnamoron

Wow! What great comparison shots! Smart Doll boy looks really cute proportionally to the DDS body in my opinion. Also interesting to see the large DD hands are almost the same size as SmDB hands. Thanks for taking these Sister Kyoya! It must have been quite the task to get everyone standing (I'd be afraid to take such a shot without knocking everyone down (or maybe I'm just clumsy!)

JChiibs
Thank you so much for doing this! It's really nice to get the relative heel-to-neck heights; it helps me judge what the differences in height means on a practical level.

You're welcome! For years I was frustrated that measurements were never stated if they included the height of the head or not, plus Volks heads come in all sorts of sizes, leaving me feeling rather clueless what the actual height would be compared to the vinyl kiddos I already had.

Wow! What great comparison shots!

Thank you!

It must have been quite the task to get everyone standing (I'd be afraid to take such a shot without knocking everyone down (or maybe I'm just clumsy!)

For me I actually kinda hate the additional fuss of using stands because I'd always have to photoshop them out. I've gotten mostly used to getting them to stand without additional supports if their joints are sturdy enough. The biggest shock to me was getting the MDD body to stand. For once I didn't have trouble with it. That was definitely Tama's body because Bree's is way too floppy to even manage that naked.

The most difficult part was having my kiddos standing there naked!

~Sister Kyoya

Cinnamoron
The most difficult part was having my kiddos standing there naked!

~Sister Kyoya

Heh heh! Yes! I never thought about it, but I do find it embarrassing when other people see my girls naked! I can only imagine how it must be to take a nude group photo for the whole internet to see. XD

JChiibs

As I was taking the pics I was having a personal battle with my OCD about Ralph standing the wrong way, but the prudish parts of my brain won. It was just too creepy seeing Ralph at the end of what looked like a naked conga line... It really had nothing to do with making the body comparisons easier.

I think Dakota and the Obitsu boy were the only ones who didn't care a lick about being naked, I think Ralph assumed he was playing an emperor with some new clothes, and Miku was just perplexed. As for Naiomi, we never discuss it. I remeber much yelling and high-pitched screams protesting her involvement. Mostly it's one of those times that I think about being 'outside their timeline/space-time continuum' so it's all kinda a moot point, but it was still really strange at the time.

Naked conga line... now there is something I never imagined I'd ever say, especially in a public space (online or not.) I can't even type it with a straight face. LOL!

~Sister Kyoya