Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Ersa Flora eyes

baldylox

Recently, I found out that my Ryomou did not come with her default eye. After looking at many pics online of her, I saw that the ones I had were more blue than her defaults are. And trying to find that specific eye was almost impossible. I had never seen them offered on YJA or Ebay so my hopes of getting one for her were very slim.

Enter Mitsuki and Ersa Flora. Mituski has purchased from them before and said she liked their eyes. Also, they do customs. All you have to do is either draw what you want on a form they have online or send them files of pics of eyes you want.

Mitsuki offered to photoshop some of Ryomou's eyes for me so I could see if they could be made. So after going back and forth on colors and designs, I finally found three styles I was happy with.

After asking Shelly at Ersa Flora what the process was, she explained that normally, making custom eyes takes 3-4 weeks after she gets payment and designs. So I figured it would be early November before I got these eyes. But she was super quick with them and had them done in a little over a week and a half!

I just got them in on Saturday and set about trying them in Ryomou to see what worked best. So here is what I got and what they look like!

First I took them out of the packages to see how they looked. I wasn't too happy when I saw how dark they looked....

6247855756_21dca01f46_z.jpg

Upon closer inspection, they were a little better.

6247336759_6fc6ef8595_z.jpg

These are metallic eyes and are supposed to be really bright. I figured I'd give it a shot and see how they looked in Mou-chan's head. First up are the green shaded eyes. I keep saying eyes but Ryomou only has ONE.

6247888460_7ccec5c3bc_z.jpg

6247379773_d2a56c6d8a_z.jpg

Next up is the blue eye.

6247376683_86f12dd24e_z.jpg

6247895604_878b7bd03e_z.jpg

I am using my photography lights in these shots. Even with only one bulb out of five lit up, these eyes shine very brightly. And at certain angles, they change color. Just look how green this blue one looks at the angle below:

6247385813_e70ac65110_z.jpg

I liked both of those eyes but what I really wanted to see was the actual anime styled eye. I took my DSLR camera and took a picture of Ryomou's eye from the anime while I had it onscreen on my HDTV. I then got Mituski to photoshop THAT image onto the eye print for Ersa Flora. I'm really glad I did that too as THIS is what I am going to go with for her default eye:

6247355825_dd9c506b8e_z.jpg

It can look a little dark if you don't have any light directly in front of it as seen here:

6247349299_579990dd68_z.jpg

But when you hit it with even a tiny bit of light directly.... whoa!

6247885282_0e46fc1d7b_z.jpg

The eye itself is out of focus here but just look at the color.

6247359255_eaee87874a_z.jpg

And here is a detail shot of it where you can see the eye up close. it even has a small green strip on th ebottom just like in the show.

6247904360_8dc2d18825_z.jpg

It actually has great details in it that match the anime exactly. I'm so happy with how this particular one turned out. I mean, how can you get any better than having the same eye as she does in the anime?

So if you're interested in eyes and want your own designs, contact Shelly at Ersa Flora. She's really nice and very good at making what you want become reality.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mitsuki

I can't believe how they turned out. The anime styled one is so perfect! I love how it seems to glow. Ryomou looks spectacular! I am glad you didn't give up and kept optimizing the design.

I have to give credit to scripple too who suggested trying Ersa Flora's custom process. I purchased eyes from her before but completely forgot about her custom service. Thank you, scripple!

baldylox
I can't believe how they turned out. The anime styled one is so perfect! I love how it seems to glow. Ryomou looks spectacular! I am glad you didn't give up and kept optimizing the design.

I have to give credit to scripple too who suggested trying Ersa Flora's custom process. I purchased eyes from her before but completely forgot about her custom service. Thank you, scripple!

I'm super happy with them Mitsuki! My Ryomou is finally the perfect Unicorn in my eyes. Thank you for all your hard work on the eye designs. I couldn't give up on my Unicorn! i wanted her to be as close to the anime version of herself as possible and now I think she is. I couldn't be more pleased.

And I guess I'll thank scripple too if he mentioned the custom process to you. Without that my Mou-chan wouldn't be "whole".

Billy

AerisAquata

Oh, those are fabulous! The eye looks amazing, I might have to order some custom eyes as well for Altria.

baldylox
Oh, those are fabulous! The eye looks amazing, I might have to order some custom eyes as well for Altria.

Thank you! I wasn't so sure about them until they were installed. Then it was a whole new ballgame. I'm very happy with the one I have in Mou-chan now.

Billy

scripple

And I guess I'll thank scripple too if he mentioned the custom process to you. Without that my Mou-chan wouldn't be "whole".

Hey! I'm even the one on chat that told you to look for images of her to send to them as probably the best way to get what you wanted. How quickly you old farts forget.

Looks nice. I'm glad it worked out for you and that now she's complete.

Poofiemus

Oh, the new eye looks gorgeous! Congrats to you and Ryomou. Can't wait to see it outdoors "in the wild", so to speak. I bet it'll be spectacular in sunlight.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox

Hey! I'm even the one on chat that told you to look for images of her to send to them as probably the best way to get what you wanted. How quickly you old farts forget.

Looks nice. I'm glad it worked out for you and that now she's complete.

Sorry about that sir. You know we old folks forget our names and such all the time right? Didn't mean to hurt your feelings by forgetting your role in this.

Thank you ever so much for your wise foresight and telling me to get screencaps of the eye I needed. I don't know what I would do without you sir. I would probably wither away and die. Or fall asleep again in my chair while watching Wheel of Fortune.

Oh, the new eye looks gorgeous! Congrats to you and Ryomou. Can't wait to see it outdoors "in the wild", so to speak. I bet it'll be spectacular in sunlight.

Thank you very much! I am also wanting to see how it looks out in the sun. I'm super busy for the first half of the week but the latter half should be nice, cool weather here and I can possibly get Ryomou outside for some quick shots in the afternoon light.

Billy

scripple

Sorry about that sir. You know we old folks forget our names and such all the time right? Didn't mean to hurt your feelings by forgetting your role in this.

Thank you ever so much for your wise foresight and telling me to get screencaps of the eye I needed. I don't know what I would do without you sir. I would probably wither away and die. Or fall asleep again in my chair while watching Wheel of Fortune.

Ok, you're forgiven old man. And since I'm only slightly younger than you I'm sure soon this will all be forgotten too.

And yes kids, it really does suck getting old.

Suzuna

The metallic eyes are really cool! Would it be too much trouble to ask for a pic of them in Yukino's head? I've been considering Ersaflora for awhile now, but I'm not sure if the irises would be large enough.

baldylox
The metallic eyes are really cool! Would it be too much trouble to ask for a pic of them in Yukino's head? I've been considering Ersaflora for awhile now, but I'm not sure if the irises would be large enough.

Thanks! If you do customs like I did, you can have the irises any size you choose. These were all 22mm eyes, I'm not sure if I mentioned that before. And they were only $16 per pair for the customs! A very good price in my opinion.

As for putting them in Yukino, I can try and do one of the regular styled ones in her later this week. The anime styled ones are now in Ryomou and those aren't getting moved. But I'll see what I can do for you.

Billy

mitsuki

I wonder how they will look in Yukino. She seems to be very versatile with eyes. She looks so cute with so many different eyes!

Pupi

Simply... Wow!!!

Do you mind if I "copy" your idea (I'm asking to Mistuki too since she hepled with the eyes design ><)? These eyes are simply beautiful... An I think these will suit Juno ><

I have contacted her too a few time ago for a couple of custom eyes, now I know Elizabeth and Catherine will have beautiful eyes

enthusiast pasta girl - she/her - power bi

Mini Mode Lab

baldylox
Simply... Wow!!!

Do you mind if I "copy" your idea (I'm asking to Mistuki too since she hepled with the eyes design ><)? These eyes are simply beautiful... An I think these will suit Juno ><

I have contacted her too a few time ago for a couple of custom eyes, now I know Elizabeth and Catherine will have beautiful eyes

Thank you! I'm glad you like how the eyes turned out. PLEASE feel free to copy my idea! Mitsuki is awesome at photoshopping so I'm sure she can make what you're after easily enuff.

Let us know if you get some figured out and ordered!

Billy

LordNoir

^^ Shelly is pretty awesome with her eyes. Even the anime styled ones are just awesome. Ryomou just looks amazing with that last one.

I actually just got out of some talks with her recently, and have become a dealer for her eyes if anyone feels like ordering them through me.

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

baldylox
^^ Shelly is pretty awesome with her eyes. Even the anime styled ones are just awesome. Ryomou just looks amazing with that last one.

Thanks! I agree, she is really good at making eyes. I'm glad I tried her out!

I almost find it creepy it "glows" like that and yet it looks cool.

Heh, I guess it could be a bit creepy to some people but I don't think it is. I lean more towards cool.

Billy

archangeli

My sister commissioned a pair of "Ciel Phantomhive" eyes from Ersa Flora for her MDD and they are super cool. They photograph really vibrantly but nothing can quite capture how amazing they look up close and in person.

I didn't even think of asking her to do anime-style eyes. I'll definitely remember that.

Billy, your Ryomou looks awesome!

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

baldylox
My sister commissioned a pair of "Ciel Phantomhive" eyes from Ersa Flora for her MDD and they are super cool. They photograph really vibrantly but nothing can quite capture how amazing they look up close and in person.

I didn't even think of asking her to do anime-style eyes. I'll definitely remember that.

Billy, your Ryomou looks awesome!

Ahh, that's cool! I agree that they photograph really well even in lower lighting. Thank you for the compliments on Mou-chan! I love this new anime styled eye.

I'm glad I tried scripples idea of doing a screen capture of an eye from the anime show and then sending that image to Shelley. She did an amazing job and I don't think I could ask for better.... well, other than the Volks default. But this is more special to me now anyways because my Ryomou is distinctly MINE and unlike any others. And I like that.

Billy

Pumpkins

Those eyes are SO expressive! :o And it's really interesting how they change color depending on the light :3 i guess it would suck if you lived somewhere like Seattle LOL!

We saw the world as children

The field filled with light

When did we stop believing

The things before our sight?

baldylox
Those eyes are SO expressive! :o And it's really interesting how they change color depending on the light :3 i guess it would suck if you lived somewhere like Seattle LOL!

Thank you! I totally agree with you about these being expressive. I really love the anime styled one. And yes, not having good sunlight would not be cool.

Billy