Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Second Hand Store Find

JChiibs

22486186447_e5623c94bd_z.jpg

Tama: "This is my new friend. He's a cowboy doll they made for boys. Me and Daddy found him at a store for things that people don't want anymore. So we decided he could live with us."

Lucas: "Shouldn't you call him a figure?"

Tama: "No. He's a cowboy doll. He was made for boys. Girls wouldn't want to play with him."

22878513936_9fddc877ea_z.jpg

Tama: "He's just the right size for me too. He can stand up if I help him move around. Some boy used to have him and wrote his name on the bottom of his boots."

Lucas: *looks at the stiff doll*

22904438865_303e85c539_z.jpg

Tama: "He says, 'Howdy partner' when he meets new people. Daddy said that all cowboys greet people that way."

Lucas: *shakes the doll's hand to humor Tama* "Hey."

22281665374_0c32ba2b50_z.jpg

Tama: "And he even still had his cute little hat..."

22890897522_493196799b_z.jpg

Dolly: "HEY! Who's the jerk sitting in my spot??"

Tama: *Looks at Dolly in complete surprise*

Lucas: "Uh oh..."

22281557144_984f7561d5_z.jpg

22878246856_f0931c6d7b_z.jpg

22878192576_e435aebdb2_z.jpg

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Monty

HA, I like this a lot. Too be honest, I was getting tired of seeing that Woody everywhere because people would always overuse the joke that he was making the face for a perverted reason, but I like what you did a lot better. I somehow didn't see it coming! So Dolly has a rival now? I can imagine them now duking it out for the right to be held by Tama..but playing nice when Tama is watching (or at least woody playing nice)

And Tama's costume is ADORABLE.

I might have to look back through the archives, but has Lucas been in a photo story before? I'm kind of intrigued by his personality.

(Is this the photo story that you were having a bit of trouble getting done? If so, I was that random on Twitter cheering you on. Sorry if I creeped you out because I know you don't know me very well but I really love your dolls and the things you do.)

JChiibs
Lol. I love that Woody figure. I own one myself. He makes any comic funny.

I knew there were at least two other people on the forum with this Woody. I hadn't seen him before he popped up in DD pics but Raven knew about him. He's been wanting him for about two years now so I finally caved and gave it to him today for an early birthday present. I had NO idea Tama would instantly decide Woody was for him and wouldn't want to let go.

HA, I like this a lot. Too be honest, I was getting tired of seeing that Woody everywhere because people would always overuse the joke that he was making the face for a perverted reason, but I like what you did a lot better.

I find the 'Creepy Woody' face funny on occasion but I think his normal face is adorable. Sadly I already know that we have let Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde into our house... I really have very little idea how this is going to turn out.

So Dolly has a rival now?

It looks like it. The thing that surprises me the most is now Dolly and Yuriko have a common enemy, and I have yet to figure out what an alliance between them will turn out like. I think a very hot place is experiencing a sudden ice age.

And Tama's costume is ADORABLE.

Thank you! There are more pieces to it that will be in the Halloween story. I'm actually pretty darn proud of his shield, especially since I'm not a painter. He just doesn't want to take his costume off. LOL! So like Tama...

I might have to look back through the archives, but has Lucas been in a photo story before? I'm kind of intrigued by his personality.

Alas he has not been properly introduced yet. This could be the first photo story he's in, despite having a full-fledged personality for at least three years. He only got some clothes a couple weeks ago. OOPS! I was daunted by his wig for quite some time because it's the first one I've done. I was really nervous in cutting it, so I decided that if it looked bad, he cut it himself. You can't see it in the pics because of the angle his head is at, but he has some bald spots I need to fix where the wefts weren't sewn in the right pattern. I have a lot of intro stories to catch up on this coming year now that we have a larger photo space. It has been WAY too long since I've done our family stories. Lucas can be a stinker, thick headed, and snarky but I couldn't imagine him not being here.

(Is this the photo story that you were having a bit of trouble getting done? If so, I was that random on Twitter cheering you on. Sorry if I creeped you out because I know you don't know me very well but I really love your dolls and the things you do.)

Ha! No, that photo story is still being worked on. It is so huge and long it will have to be done in installments and I can't work on it as quickly as I'd like because I have to rest my shoulder. I really, really hate slowing down. The extra time is allowing me to get Hana's costume done at least. My sister and I have done so much work that I'm not going to skip it just because it's late. I just hope no one else minds.

Creeped out? Naw! It really make me happy knowing that someone's looking forward to my work. When I spend about 90% of my time by myself I really appreciate all the positive feedback and interest in my slew of various doll projects. If I didn't respond on Twitter, sometimes I just don't know what to say to people.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Monty

Good luck in finishing the big one, then! And I can't speak for everyone but I certainly don't mind it being late...it's like showing people photos from a holiday, you don't have to do it as soon as you get home. I always feel like you are showing photos of events in the way that someone might show family photos at a get together (ie 'here's what the kids got up to at camp a few weeks back'), because your characters feel very real to me. So if you think of it like that, then it's not so bad! I'll just have to be sure to prepare some popcorn for the installments if it's as long as you say.

Now I'm wondering about the Yuriko-Dolly alliance too. Is Woody going to have anyone on his side besides Tama in the end?

JChiibs

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with Woody. He sure turned out to be a wildcard. Poor Tama is so confused. He doesn't want to upset his best friend Dolly, but he was so excited to have a boy doll. I've been madly trying to figure out how to resolve it because I totally hate seeing Tama upset. I think I need to sit and have a chat with Lucas to see what we can come up with to make Tama happy. Even though Dolly is brash, loud-mouthed, overly macho, and really thick-skulled, he cares a lot for Tama. They have been inseparable since the day Tama arrived (Dolly was here a few days before Tama & Yuriko, our first DD, and Dolly was intended to be a drawing reference.) I got Woody because Raven finds Creepy Woody absolutely hilarious. It never once crossed my mind that he would have any effect on my boys. Speaking of boys... I already know that Ralph won't tolerate Woody's peeping tom tendencies, but he's passive aggressive about it.

As for how Dolly will deal with Woody even being around... He wouldn't do anything around Tama or so he would even know, but Dolly isn't known for being level-headed. (I'm watching Looney Toons on Youtube and right after I typed that Bugs Bunny said: "Of course you realize, this means war." LMAO! That's totally it!) As for the alliance, I've got an idea of how it starts, and I can't quit cracking up. The first moment Yuriko realized Woody was in the house she just keeps saying "Eww, eww, eww, eww!" and reacting like most girls do to gross bugs. (She actually likes regular bugs.) The rest of the time she's spent bawling on Miku's shoulder, bewailing her fate that that thing was even let in the house.

~Sister Kyoya

Monty

I'm actually more intigued by Lucas now - everything you've said about him and that I've read on your clothes site points to him being rude and even cold...but he definitely seems to have some kind of soft spot for Tama, which is really sweet to me. Although I dont think it's possible to be rude or cold to Tama.

It makes me want to see more of him!

(I actually initially got interested in him from your sig because his face reminded me so much of one of my OCs from my webcomic, heh. The suited fellow ->http://askmelbourne.tumblr.com/post/132994605013/some-day-i-really-hope-to-draw-the-rest-of-the;; But their personalities don't seem to match at all, just the snarky face.)

JChiibs

Lucas is actually based on my favorite band, Breaking Benjamin. They are classified as rock, but I personally think they are more between rock and metal. BB has really saved my sanity over the last decade and gave me a safe way to vent when my chronic depression swallows me whole. So that's a part of Lucas' personality too. He hasn't had the happiest life before finding our family, and Tama is his little light spot amidst the looming dark clouds. How he reacts to Tama is very different than most of our other DD, although he seems to be close friends with Naiomi and Ralph too. He thinks Dolly is funny as long as he doesn't get in the way but understands that Dolly is special to Tama. Everyone else... he's pretty guarded around them. He and Yuriko don't get along, as she's a possessive older sister who doesn't like boys. A few days ago some future story stuff was running through my mind and I was pretty shocked to hear Lucas swear up a blue storm at someone. I don't blame him because of who it was, but as a counterpoint, our DD don't swear. Lucas isn't as innocent as many of our DD.

~Sister Kyoya

Lurker

Oh my gosh! This story was hilarious! I loved it!

Tama is adorable too!

luciole

Funny i love it and your boys so cute too!