Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Noxxbunny

DDH 07 Kaito Project(Now With Pictures)

Noxxbunny
I'm quite a bit late responding here, but he looks great so far! I especially like his shirt.

Not sure if you know about this(relatively simple) mod, but in case you think the shirts you buy him are a little too long for his torso or if you want him to be a bit taller, you *can* extend the spine part of his inner frame a little bit. At most you'd only be able to get 1-1.5cm more in height, but it's an option anyway. xD

I also think that the legs on the 60cm dolls seem way too long. xD When I first got mine I thought that the only types of characters that would work were the sailor scouts At least you can cut them down if they are really too bothersome but it's not for the faint of heart. ^^""" ..modding the thighs is especially evil *SHUDDERS*

Tbh the nicer knees and body proportions with great mobility is why I'm switching to an obitsu50(well.. Azone AZO2 specifically haha) instead. Now if any of the big doll companies can make a good looking guy to be their counterpart that would be great but I'm not holding my breath lol

I totally had no idea about extending the spine! I may have to try that if I get brave. While I like taking things apart...it's getting them back together that worries me! But if it may make his legs look a little less long, it's probably worth doing. Especially now that he has his shoes on too, the leg thing has been bothering me quite a bit. Somehow the shoes really highlight just how long his legs really are. Thanks for letting me know that that's possible! Hopefully the spine thing will work, cutting his legs would just make me feel like a butcher. A bad one too, because it wouldn't come out right, I'm sure.

(Edit: I figured since I got my old phone, AKA my other camera, up and running that I'd post him with his shoes on since the topic came up. Hopefully this is clearer now. Sorry to everyone for the bad photoshop job. I like to try to get that gross yellow lighting my room has out as much as I can.)

kai1232_zpsve6psh7l.jpg

So yeah, the shoes make his legs look crazy long, I think. I may also have to make the shoes a shade lighter. Depends on how my dye job on the rest of his clothes comes out.

We can still hope the bigger doll companies will have mercy on us and make a perfect counterpart someday. I'm like 95% pleased with this body, but there's always improvements that could be made. (And now you got me looking at the Azone 50cm and I am jealous of those nice knees!)

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

elianti

Disassembling obitsus was pretty intimidating at first. xD Getting to the part you need to get to is pretty easy though! You just have to remove the head, arms, and bust piece. As long as you don't try anything funny like taking out their inner waist part, you shouldn't run into any problems.

You can find more info about disassembling 60cms here: http://parabox.jp/eng_new/faq/faq1.html

And you can find info about how to lengthen the spine here, as well as some info on parabox's (somewhat weird looking... in my opinion lol) macho male bust: http://parabox.jp/obitsu/slimmuttyo/AC-PB-5500B-eng.html

And I have to say.. sorry for always bringing up mods! ^^"" I get excited when I see another person with a 60cm obitsu because I know how customizable they are.

I see what you mean about the shoes. They are a little big and emphasize the legs, but really nice! I think that their length won't be nearly as noticeable once he has his coat though! It might also help balance out his appearance, especially if you can make the bottom part of it kind of look flared out(? voluminous?? fluffy???? lol).

Noxxbunny

It's totally useful that you bring up mods! I wouldn't have known otherwise. c: I like customizing, so this sort of thing is definitely something I'm interested in knowing about. Thanks for the links. They're really helpful, so I think I can do it. (And yeah, something about that macho chest...not my cup of tea. But I'm a fan of skinny and slender looking guys lol.) That one was the most helpful to me, since now I know exactly what part I'm looking for.

So I'll wait to see if his coat balances him out before trying it. Mainly because getting his head back on afterwards will be a huge pain in the butt(or thumbs, technically.) I was hoping for the coat and pants to get here today, but no dice. I hate it when my things go through LA customs instead of San Francisco. They always take longer. If it had gone through SF, they would've been here today for sure.

If the coat doesn't flare out a bit on its own, I'll probably add some very thin wire to it get that look. I think that could work nicely. If I even need to do it. I will hopefully know tomorrow!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

AnelirSensei

Kaito is my favorite Vocaloid and I think you have done an amazing job with him! His faceup and wig style as well as the casual clothes suit him so well!

Noxxbunny
Kaito is my favorite Vocaloid and I think you have done an amazing job with him! His faceup and wig style as well as the casual clothes suit him so well!

Thank you! I'm seriously always happy to see more Kaito fans!

And as a general update for everyone, I'm still working on finding the right dye for the coat and pants(I'm thinking the coat is cotton or cotton blend, I am pretty sure the pants are polyester, which is why this is difficult.) But...since I'm now keeping him in the darker blue wig while I work on Diamond Dust things, I've decided to also make his V1 outfit on the side too. I'm sort of just playing around with fabric for it right now. Very early stages. I definitely wanted something that seemed a bit futuristic and different from typical fabric used for clothing(I never really thought about what I thought his coat was made out of! ) I found a nice white material that has a slight shimmer to it, and it seems to double up nicely too, but I'll probably have to put thin wire in to get it to hold the flared out look I want. It's light, so I expect it to sort of flop...but it depends on how it looks. While I do like the flared out look from the games, I also really like the flatter look too after seeing that kind of stlye on Kaito in the concert videos. So I'll have to see how that goes. I'm not used to working with such thin material or on such a small scale, so I have to adjust my sewing accordingly. Working with my machine this time, of course. Not using this for hand sewing practice like I have been for casual clothes.

Noxxbunny

So general updates - I'm putting Diamond Dust on hold for now. With summer coming up, I'm just not in the mood to work on winter clothes. Plus, I'm having a hard time with the wig anyway. I re-made it again, that one came out bad too. This yarn is too fluffy. It won't hold its shape and it won't end in points nicely like his darker blue one(Figures that the $1 yarn from Daiso is the best one for anime hair. Yup. His wig is that cheap. I admit it. To be fair though, I was advised by the wig making tutorial that I followed that the cheaper the better. For this exact reason.) And on top of that, I'm still dealing with the whole dye thing. But the good news is that I think I've found a synthetic wig that will hopefully do the trick. I gotta save up for a bit because it's a bit pricey for me right now. And I'm hesitant because I don't know what it looks like on a DD. The model in the photo is a resin boy with a particularly long face. So I'm having some doubts of how it'll look...but we'll see! Hopefully.

As for his V1 outfit, I'm still hoping to move forward with that. I'm still struggling to find good fabric. Everything that's a good color match freaking frays all over like nobody's business. But at least I can still use the coat from Dollmore as the base. With light modification, it actually works pretty well. So it's the blue and yellow parts that are driving me nuts.

And another thing I'm debating...I keep Kaito in his darker blue wig all the time now, so I am considering darkening his eyebrows a bit more. When I re-did his face-up recently, I specifically went for a blue that was light enough for Diamond Dust, but not so light that it was jarring against his darker wig. I'm just slightly feeling like I should change it. But...I adore him exactly how he is now. So I'm really terrified of ruining this look because the eyebrows were so hard to do. I SUCK at eyebrows. So I guess that remains to be seen if I get brave enough to go for it.

SaraInJapan

I recommend you re-do as many times as posible! I mean, yeah it's hard and stuff but the more you do it the better you'll get at it and the better the result, right?

I'm so hyped for this, I can't wait to see him finished!!

Noxxbunny
I recommend you re-do as many times as posible! I mean, yeah it's hard and stuff but the more you do it the better you'll get at it and the better the result, right?

I'm so hyped for this, I can't wait to see him finished!!

Yeah, that's true. I do need the practice. I'll probably suck it up and do it eventually. I think it'll be fine if I just trace out where his eyebrows are now, make a stencil, then use the darker blue. Not hard to do, just takes some time, which is totally fine by me anyway.

I hope I can totally finish him soon!

galatia9
I totally had no idea about extending the spine! I may have to try that if I get brave. While I like taking things apart...it's getting them back together that worries me! But if it may make his legs look a little less long, it's probably worth doing. Especially now that he has his shoes on too, the leg thing has been bothering me quite a bit. Somehow the shoes really highlight just how long his legs really are. Thanks for letting me know that that's possible! Hopefully the spine thing will work, cutting his legs would just make me feel like a butcher. A bad one too, because it wouldn't come out right, I'm sure.

He is looking good, Noxxbunny! I love the wig you made for him, and his new faceup suits him really well.

I have one hybrid DD/Obitsu 60cm (double-jointed) boy so far, and even though the legs are crazy long, I like them!! I think it makes them look even more like anime characters.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Noxxbunny

He is looking good, Noxxbunny! I love the wig you made for him, and his new faceup suits him really well.

I have one hybrid DD/Obitsu 60cm (double-jointed) boy so far, and even though the legs are crazy long, I like them!! I think it makes them look even more like anime characters.

Linda S.

galatia9

Thank you!

When it comes to the long legs...I'm lately finding myself just putting him in long shirts and hoodies to give the illusion of his torso being more proportional. Idunno, sometimes I just look at him and I go "This boy has legs for days"

Monty

That makes two kaitos with legs for days on this forum then lol. (It's kind of a smartdoll trait...)

I did sometimes wonder about the eyebrows, and it's just an unfortunate truth of dolls with anime hair colours. If you match the eyebrows, you limit the wigs that won't clash, but not matching the eyebrows can look weird. With my Kaito, I considered changing his, but I think he looks fine (luckily his eyebrows are brown and neutral enough to not stand out against the blue too much...but if I wanted to try a lighter blue wig on him they might).

I guess one option would be to use a shade of blue between both his wig colour, but I don't know if they would work as well for the lighter diamond dust wig ;; Choices...

Noxxbunny
That makes two kaitos with legs for days on this forum then lol. (It's kind of a smartdoll trait...)

I did sometimes wonder about the eyebrows, and it's just an unfortunate truth of dolls with anime hair colours. If you match the eyebrows, you limit the wigs that won't clash, but not matching the eyebrows can look weird. With my Kaito, I considered changing his, but I think he looks fine (luckily his eyebrows are brown and neutral enough to not stand out against the blue too much...but if I wanted to try a lighter blue wig on him they might).

I guess one option would be to use a shade of blue between both his wig colour, but I don't know if they would work as well for the lighter diamond dust wig ;; Choices...

I actually hadn't noticed it on Smart Dolls! Maybe because I don't see many full body shots of them.

And yeah. It's hard to find a good balance between the colors...I'm having the same problem with Aki, honestly. His character is a natural blond who dyes his hair pink, so I'm at the crossroads in his faceup of "Do I make them pink, or do I make them blond?"

Keeping a neutral brown or black seems to work really well for anime styled dolls anyway, so I don't blame you for not wanting to mess with them.

For my Kaito...I'm just kind of debating between two colors compared to the color he has now.

color%20chart_zpscwu5bhzf.jpg

(Just swiped some squares off Google...)

I think the lighter one SHOULD work as a good balance between his darker wig and lighter one. It'll still be pretty obviously too dark...but not outrageously so. The darker color is for if I just decide to go all the way and deal with the Diamond Dust issue later. Not sure what I want to do yet.

CeliathePikachu

Been stalking this thread for a while, especially since I myself want a Kaito custom (man he's popular, isn't he?) I think a good option if you want to make his eyebrows darker is to paint over them as opposed to completely removing them. Since it'd be a darker color, it should cover up nicely. That way, you would have to worry about getting the shape right again

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Noxxbunny
Been stalking this thread for a while, especially since I myself want a Kaito custom (man he's popular, isn't he?) I think a good option if you want to make his eyebrows darker is to paint over them as opposed to completely removing them. Since it'd be a darker color, it should cover up nicely. That way, you would have to worry about getting the shape right again

I really want there to be 3 Kaitos around here That would be so much fun.

I did think of just covering them completely, but I'm worried that it'll make the paint clump up or look less....flat? I might try it anyway though, since that would be the easiest way to to go about it.

CeliathePikachu

I really want there to be 3 Kaitos around here That would be so much fun.

I did think of just covering them completely, but I'm worried that it'll make the paint clump up or look less....flat? I might try it anyway though, since that would be the easiest way to to go about it.

Soon, Kaito will take over the world Anyway, as long as the paint is thinned properly, I don't think it should be too much of an issue to go over the eyebrows. Since its a darker color, less layers should be needed :3

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Noxxbunny

SOOOOO...I finally figured out how to get these darn fabrics to work with me.

...It was probably really obvious, but I'm not too bright sometimes. I ended up using good ol' ruler and tape. So the tape is acting as a stabilizer for me at the moment so the fabric doesn't fall apart. They're still not perfect, but the lines are now mostly straight. It should be fine once I sew them down with my machine.

kaiprogress1231_zps7tmcksxl.jpg

(Edit; 4/25 - I don't know what the heck photobucket is doing right now, it seems to be doing this for a lot of people's photos. If it's not fixed by tomorrow, I'll re-upload somewhere else.)

I'm just sort of outlining here right now. I'm not too good at pinning lol. Hopefully I'll get to the blue on the shoulders next and then I can start sewing stuff down from there.

I'm still just really shocked how well the Dollmore coat worked for this. I shortened the length of it a little and I removed the belt loops and that's all I've done to it. I wasn't even going to trim it...but it really was too long. It would've been more suited for V3 with that length.

So hopefully more updates soon

Edited by Guest

CeliathePikachu
SOOOOO...I finally figured out how to get these darn fabrics to work with me.

...It was probably really obvious, but I'm not too bright sometimes. I ended up using good ol' ruler and tape. So the tape is acting as a stabilizer for me at the moment so the fabric doesn't fall apart. They're still not perfect, but the lines are now mostly straight. It should be fine once I sew them down with my machine.

kaiprogress1231_zps7tmcksxl.jpg

I'm just sort of outlining here right now. I'm not too good at pinning lol. Hopefully I'll get to the blue on the shoulders next and then I can start sewing stuff down from there.

I'm still just really shocked how well the Dollmore coat worked for this. I shortened the length of it a little and I removed the belt loops and that's all I've done to it. I wasn't even going to trim it...but it really was too long. It would've been more suited for V3 with that length.

So hopefully more updates soon

Oooohhh, looks great!

Noxxbunny

Oooohhh, looks great!

Thank you!

kai954wn_zpss2lkrywi.jpg

I did some more outlining. So now I just have to work on some more of the lines on the back, the lines on the collar area, another line to go on the left side of the coat(I have to remove the buttons first) and the triangle shapes to finish the yellow arrows on his sleeve(you can't really see them, but they're there.) I'm slowly getting there!

Anna-neko

have you tried using Heat'n Bond maybe? You just iron that stuff on, no need to pin, will also act as a bit of stiffener/stabling element for the appliques stripes and whatnot

The coat is looking wonderful BTW ^_^

Noxxbunny

have you tried using Heat'n Bond maybe? You just iron that stuff on, no need to pin, will also act as a bit of stiffener/stabling element for the appliques stripes and whatnot

The coat is looking wonderful BTW ^_^

Oooh, I hadn't heard of that before! I'll look into it. I like the sound of it. The coat as a whole needs to be ironed a little bit anyway, so that would be super convenient. Thanks!

galatia9

Kaito is looking SHARP! The Dollmore coat worked really well as a base.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Daisy-chan

Ooh, really nice job on the coat!

Kaito's also rocking that bare foot look.

Noxxbunny
Kaito is looking SHARP! The Dollmore coat worked really well as a base.

Linda S.

galatia9

Thank you! And yeah, the Dollmore coat was really unexpected! I didn't think it would work out this well!

Ooh, really nice job on the coat!

Kaito's also rocking that bare foot look.

Thanks!

His current pair of socks look really dorky with these pants, so I took them off I need to buy him some ankle socks or something.

Artemis

He looks so awesome! The 07 head is perfect for Kaito!

Someday I want to try to make a custom DD of a lesser-known Vocaloid since there's pretty much no chance of Volks ever releasing a DD of a Vocaloid that isn't one of the "big 8", and for some weird reason my favorite Vocaloids are always the ones that nobody knows or cares about, like Flower and Iroha. I suppose I'm a hipster like that. XD

Noxxbunny
He looks so awesome! The 07 head is perfect for Kaito!

Someday I want to try to make a custom DD of a lesser-known Vocaloid since there's pretty much no chance of Volks ever releasing a DD of a Vocaloid that isn't one of the "big 8", and for some weird reason my favorite Vocaloids are always the ones that nobody knows or cares about, like Flower and Iroha. I suppose I'm a hipster like that. XD

Thanks!

If you do ever make your own custom, I wish you luck! Nothing wrong with being a hipster sometimes.