Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DivinitaAria

Board Games/Table Top Games

DivinitaAria

Hi guys! What games of this nature do you enjoy ?

I've been playing Takenoko and Tokaido a lot lately.

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Gabriel

I enjoy board games with lots of miniatures. I recently bought Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients and have been playing that a bit. Other favorites are Heroquest, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, D&D Adventure System games, and Heroscape.

Also on the boardgame front, I picked up the Black Edition of "Star Wars Risk." That's not really an accurate title. It's more like Return of the Jedi: Death Star Battle Game. It's pretty fun.

I also like tabletop RPGs. Favorites of those include Mekton and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2e, but I have a ton of RPGs that I hope I can eventually get around to playing.

Mimiyo3

Cards against humanity. It's definitely my favorite. I just have to convince my family to play it so I can see just what terrible people they really are. Hint: they're probably not worse than me

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

Poofiemus
Cards against humanity. It's definitely my favorite. I just have to convince my family to play it so I can see just what terrible people they really are. Hint: they're probably not worse than me

Agreed! Actually, my mom and stepdad LOVE Cards Against Humanity. Apparently we're going to play it at our holiday get-together this weekend.

I also really like Munchkin, but it's harder to find people to play it with me because it's relatively complicated. Real fun once you get it going though!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

battrastard

I used to play Warhammer 40K a lot before I moved to Tucson, then gave it up after the players just

squabbled over the newest iteration of rules.

I still have all of my figures and vehicles, though. (A few hundred, give or take. *pics to edit later*)

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Gabriel
I used to play Warhammer 40K a lot before I moved to Tucson, then gave it up after the players just

I still have all of my figures and vehicles, though. (A few hundred, give or take. *pics to edit later*)

I've wanted to get into that for years, but I have no patience whatsoever for painting.

I saw a box set recently (not quite a starter, but not an army box either) where it's Blood Angels versus Tyranids. I've been sorta tempted.

needsmorelace

The male half of us still has his stuff from several editions ago. Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, bits from a friend's Dark Eldar army, and his brother's Blood Angels, Tau, and Tyranids. Plus a smattering of random minis and fantasy armies. Several years worth in cash. Makes him sad everytime he thinks about how much money he sank in it.

Poofiemus
I've wanted to get into that for years, but I have no patience whatsoever for painting.

My attitude is the opposite--I know that if I got into it I'd have tons of little figures I'd spend time painting, and then NEVER get around to playing an actual game with them. So no Warhammer for me.

Wayfinder

Since I moved to Tokyo, space concerns have meant I left my collection of board games behind and stuck to a few card games - Netrunner and a very tightly-designed Korean game I picked up at a doujin game event called Koryo.

On the TRPG front the most recent things I've played (read: GM'd) Shadowrun, Tenra Bansho Zero and Ryuutama. The latter two were translations from the original Japanese and if you have the chance I recommend checking them out. Tenra Bansho Zero especially - the emergent roleplay its Zero System encouraged my players to do was absolutely amazing.

Neuroman

I've been playing a lot of Japanese riichi mahjong.

Also been collecting (and hopefully playing) some games from Blast City games: Cave Evil, The Mushroom Eaters, and Mayan Sun, Aztec Destiny: 500 BC – AD 2012 – Beyond∞. I just wish I had more time to play.

--F

Marilyn

What I plays varies with how many people I'm playing with, but Smash-Up is a lot of fun with as little as three people.

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

Gabriel

Today, I took the plunge and ordered what I need to get started with Warhammer 40K.

Macross Valkyries, Dollfie Dreams, and now 40K. I have too expensive of collecting tastes for my own good.

hikikohooni

Okay. A bit of an old school nerd, I play Dungeons and dragons, Magic the Gathering, etc.

Bye bye, I have to sleep now. School sucks, but stay in it so we can all be ridiculous adults and buy Dollfies

Love, Cyanide the crazy child.

SeikoKitsune

This thread title got me thinking - my longest-running Dungeons and Dragons character would be fantastic to shell as a white skin DDIII! If an optional head, a DDH-07.

She was a Tiefling race (from an extended rules book), monk class meaning she was dexterous and fought via close-up combat. She was stark-white skinned with collar-length layered A-line cut jet black hair, with absolutely no shadow, and had some kind of unusual eye color (all traits decided by optional dice rolls). Also she had slightly longer legs than normal.

SOdZ0ex.png?3

The cast so far: Sky (DDS Mariko), "SK" (DDH-07 on DDS)

Extra: LEN KAGAMINE

Poofiemus

I would have a hell of a time shelling my DnD main--she's an insane, humanoid BAT.

. . .also her HP roll at level one was s**t, so despite being a melee class she's had more near-death experiences than our squishy wizard.

• Haha 1

hikikohooni

Seiko, I think that's definitely a great idea! Shell out that character, I'd love to see it!

Poofiemus, we all end up with the dice not turning in our favor, she was probably squishier than Peach Pai. XD she seems like a bad b****, anyways.

Edit: I think I've seen you on DoA.....

Poofiemus

Poofiemus, we all end up with the dice not turning in our favor, she was probably squishier than Peach Pai. XD she seems like a bad b****, anyways.

Edit: I think I've seen you on DoA.....

She's doing a bit better now that I got a decent new health roll when she finally dinged, but. . . that does not help the fact that she's basically Leeroy Jenkins. Also she speaks in 3rd person with a Russian accent, and her Leeroy-ness oscillates between "I'm gonna go say HI!" and "I'mma go KILL it!" completely at random.

. . . her party mates, the squishy human accountant-turned-wizard and the tanky Tiefling berzerker, actually made a HARNESS for her in an attempt to keep her from doing this, I kid you not.

Edit: It's possible, I've been on DoA since 2009-ish, but these days mostly lurk in GD and in the Project Journals workshop section.

hikikohooni

LEEROYYYYYYYYYYY JENKINSSS...... XD I had to get that out of my system. I don't really play tabletop as much as I used to, but I compensate for Dungeons and dragons online.

Wowie.... since 2009. So you've probably got full Marketplace by then...

Poofiemus
LEEROYYYYYYYYYYY JENKINSSS...... XD I had to get that out of my system. I don't really play tabletop as much as I used to, but I compensate for Dungeons and dragons online.

Wowie.... since 2009. So you've probably got full Marketplace by then...

I should probably just change Squenv's name at this point. I actually have come to prefer how my group does tabletop over Skype with an online whiteboard--it's less disastarous if there's lag, compared to MMOs. *remembers all the times her mom's computer lagged at the wrong moment in WoW, and thus lost the group or fell off a cliff or pulled aggro. . .*

Ha! Yes, full Marketplace for a looong time. I actually got my first DD, Agatha, off DoA's Marketplace back in 2010.

Of course, if you think my time in this hobby is impressive, try talking to Cauldroness (or Cauldy), who when asked when she registered on DoA has to resort to question marks because she can no longer quite remember.

hikikohooni

That's a pretty funny anecdote, and it's great you got Agatha there!

I personally have only been browsing DoA once or twice, I don't really think the elitist stereotypes really prominent, but it's mainly recast friendly people who say that.

Poofiemus, I hope it's not rude.... but I initially thought you were a guy.... I guess I assumed because of DDs. Oh well, I just learned something new.

Poofiemus
That's a pretty funny anecdote, and it's great you got Agatha there!

I personally have only been browsing DoA once or twice, I don't really think the elitist stereotypes really prominent, but it's mainly recast friendly people who say that.

Poofiemus, I hope it's not rude.... but I initially thought you were a guy.... I guess I assumed because of DDs. Oh well, I just learned something new.

You know, you are actually not the first person to say that. Apparently I come across as somewhat more male online than in real life. Something about how I write, I suppose? But yeah, I hardly think it's rude, just amusing and a little confusing.

hikikohooni

Yay! I didn't offend you

antimonia

I personally like DnD but I would love other suggestions if someone has anything good that has slightly less rules/is more freeform?

Much love

Gabriel

It depends on what kind of game you're looking for. It also depends on what version of DnD you're used to.

I play a game called Mekton. Instead of swords and sorcery fantasy, Mekton aims to emulate shows like Gundam and Robotech for tabletop RPGs. I play a variant which most closely resembles the second edition of that game.

For fantasy games, I gravitate to AD&D2e, old 1981 Basic D&D, or, more recently, Castles and Crusades. I ignore a lot of the nitpicky rules. If Castles and Crusades is appealing, then Amazing Adventures (the same rules with a pulp twist) might also be your speed.

I haven't played it yet, but Savage Worlds doesn't seem too bad in terms of complexity. It's a cinematic style generic ruleset. The basic rulebook is nice and cheap on Amazon. People say the game plays very smoothly and fast.