The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Error-Chan

Smart Doll Essential Edition. 50K (Discussion/info)

senyac

I think the full set is still the best value , its only roughly $100 more and you get the tee shirt , jeans , stripped panties , sock and shoes , if you tried to buy all that separately it would cost more than $100ish .

But for people who don't want that clothing the Essentials is a nice option

I just wish He would release just the body only so I can put some DD heads on

Error-Chan
I think the full set is still the best value , its only roughly $100 more and you get the tee shirt , jeans , stripped panties , sock and shoes , if you tried to buy all that separately it would cost more than $100ish .

But for people who don't want that clothing the Essentials is a nice option

I just wish He would release just the body only so I can put some DD heads on

Well for someone like my self. i am getting/panning on getting the Eiji for my OC so ever the eyes and wig are not needed. the boxers are just a Plus in my eyes ^o^ one less thing i will need to make haha.

i have about £350-400 i need to save and the old doll my boy El was will probably get no more then £200 so i got another 200 to make with no job (due to health) and a limited amount of items that don't want to sell i am going to take a wile to get anywhere with my saving for him so ever that little off is a lot for me.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Ajahli

I thought about the value but I want Ebony to make her into an OC as well so I plan on replacing her wig, eyes, and getting her new clothes. Although I may buy the Smart Doll clothes to help, I won't need her default outfits! (I wonder if the barmaid outfit is a future development or if it's just one of his own personal set of clothes. I could use that!)

It might also allow me to slowly save up for the pieces I need while being able to get the doll. So a slow going project I guess. I'm debating on getting an Ivory at some point as well.

I think I will go for the full set on Chitose though.

princesspink

This is great news! The price is more affordable! I want an Essential Eiji and Chitose!

Error-Chan

Chitose Essential Edition. 50K JPY

she will be 50Kyen like the others ^^

swrSGw.jpg.12ae6b84a520007d44878c912df0b481.jpg

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Marilyn

I'm surprised this thread didn't get bumped since the "Essentials" were posted to the shop over the weekend.

They're all currently sale price ¥50,000 but the normal price will be ¥52,000

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

rukitron

I wish the basic girls came with a bra instead of a camisole so they don't look *ahem* cold with boob upgrades.

Marilyn

I'm sure it's related to manpower, but Danny seems somewhat opposed to à la carte SmD.

Think about how long it took to get "essential" sets, and he still does not allow for wig/eye customization in orders. On the flipside, according to his twitter feed the ability to order just a SmD body is around the corner: https://twitter.com/MiraiRobotics/status/724960777115828225

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

Pihlajakoto

Think about how long it took to get "essential" sets, and he still does not allow for wig/eye customization in orders. On the flipside, according to his twitter feed the ability to order just a SmD body is around the corner: https://twitter.com/MiraiRobotics/status/724960777115828225

>_> Just the female body then I guess. I was kinda hoping for just the male body option too as I've had DDH-07 head waiting for male body for few years.

My blog Pihlajakoto

Error-Chan

>_> Just the female body then I guess. I was kinda hoping for just the male body option too as I've had DDH-07 head waiting for male body for few years.

I replayed to that tweet asking about head blank and the male body but no reply. also asked separate about it but again no reply. they normally do reply but i guess there keeping there cards close to there chest.

Error-Chan
Just bodies are on sale now--you can get body+head or just the body

Male body (and Eiji head) - https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/new-items/products/smart-doll-guys-body

Female body (and Mirai head) - https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/new-items/products/smart-doll-girls-body

I think the doll stand is included too.

yeah this info is in the main info thread ^o^

Aurora
I wish the basic girls came with a bra instead of a camisole so they don't look *ahem* cold with boob upgrades.

I wonder if it's because it would be harder to make a bra which would fit all sizes?

DarkAvenger696

I wonder if it's because it would be harder to make a bra which would fit all sizes?

As someone that sews bras for DD's I can say this is definitely the issue! each size needs a different pattern and shape to work properly. Its true Danny could just make one bra and pantie set that fits the bust that Essentials girls come with but that would mean it wouldn't fit when you make the dolls bust part bigger. And I can say that sewing bras for dolls is NOT an easy thing to do. It takes alot of time and patience to create a working pattern and then learn how to sew them so they look good. I also figure that most people let the dolls just go bra-less so maybe Danny didn't see a reason to put in the time to develop them?

Jezrah

Also unless it's a padded bra it won't help the cold look anyway. You need something more than just two layers of cloth to cover them since they are much more rigid than a human's. And a padded bra can end up adding bulk in a way you don't want it to, like changing the shape of the bust. It's easier to either ignore the cold look or to sand them off if it really bothers you. You can always have a second intact bust for if you ever want nude photos.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

SmartDollfie

Hi there,

I think the essential edition is a little over priced. It's not much cheaper than the full edition. I'd honestly prefer to get a naked essential edition. No wig, no underwear. Just a doll and a stand.

Whilst there is the new body buy options, they don't sell all the heads with all skin tones yet, nor do I want to buy a non face up head, for the price that they're being sold.

I love my Tea coloured Chitose however and Danny's team were gracious and gave me a different wig in my order with her. They're amazingly generous and Danny Choo's business model is old fashioned and warm. So the slowness with which things happen (in comparison to the rest of today's fast paced stuff). Is understandable.

I really look forward to the Harmony essential edition in a few days time!