Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
cirquemom

The Elusive Seedring Male

cirquemom

I call this guy the "Elusive" Seedring Male because they are so rare and hard-to-come by. He was designed by Sho-u Tajima and made by Obitsu in 2005. He has always been one of my Grail Dolls but I figured I would never find one. But last year a friend of mine pointed him out on a Taobao auction, and then he was MINE. He arrived with a broken inside neck piece so sat around wobbly for months. Today I finally got around to fixing him. He is wearing his default pants- they were pleather, but over the years it disintegrated into a slimy black mess. So I peeled it off and found these nice gray pants underneath. He is also wearing a Sashapotamus tee-shirt from Etsy that doesn't quite fit.

Seedring%20male5_zpstnxxfak6.jpg

Seedring%20male2_zpsgwsp6cr7.jpg

Seedring%20male3_zpsqzvkfwt6.jpg

Seedring%20male1_zpsxig0mbq8.jpg

• Like 1

Marilyn

Congrats on the acquisition! He has a beautiful face sculpt.

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

cirquemom

Thank you! He is rarely-seen and a lot of people have never heard of him. K2! has one also. I love the face sculpt- it's amazing.

jazijaz

Thank you for introducing me to this boy, he is so unique! that face is amazing!

I think I have a grail doll now!

His sculpt name is "the seedring male"?

K-2

Hip hop Kaji

KneesUp01.jpg

MVSig.jpg

AlisonVonderland

Wow, what a wonderful find! Congratulations on bringing home your grail and getting him in working order again!

Jossie

Wow, seeing this doll brings back memories! His concept was so hauntingly sad- a forgotten worker in an abandoned manikin factory, patiently waiting for something, or someone he'll recognize to come for him ("he still waits to this day")... it tugs at my heartstrings in such a weird way, and I'm glad there are people who have given him a permanent home.

cirquemom
Wow, seeing this doll brings back memories! His concept was so hauntingly sad- a forgotten worker in an abandoned manikin factory, patiently waiting for something, or someone he'll recognize to come for him ("he still waits to this day")... it tugs at my heartstrings in such a weird way, and I'm glad there are people who have given him a permanent home.

Thank you so much for that. I have often wondered what his backstory was. The information that comes with him is in Japanese and information about him online is pretty rare. So thank you for that. Do you have a link to the story, by any chance?