The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Till Troll

Most stupid thing you've done to a Dollfie Dream?

Mayuri

My "worst" mistake till now was luckily not that bad but:

- When I got my V1 Rin Tohsaka I put her black original wig on without thinking (I knew wigs could stain ofc but didn't think that far in this case somehow) and in 3 months she had it on she stained horribly! 

Also I got her hands and feet stained black by her black stockings and by putting her into a black bag, the hands are changed now (used the stained ones for the blue gloves from another outfit which I was sure would stain too) but I didn't bother wig the feet and head yet 

catalystscimitar

Gorgeous bright red set on bare vinyl. Staining within two hours. Luckily, I caught it before it got too bad, and the reddish pink blotchy stains weren't too ugly (they looked almost blushy?). Thankfully by nature the red pigments faded with time and now over a year later it's faded pretty much completely, but a terrifying experience.

Zai
Posted (edited)

Reading these posts make me feel a bit better about what I’ve done to poor Stoli (DD Y’shtola) already, I haven’t even had her for a month. >.< 

I know staining is just a part of the vinyl doll hobby but I still feel terrible for staining her hands already. It happened when I want to try on her full-set, which is all black and covers most of her body (including thigh high black boots - they look amazing but I’m terrified of them, lol). I was so careful, make sure her body suit was on plus thigh high white socks…
But yeah, somehow I managed to rub her hands against her black outfit while posing her and the underside of her finger tips are all stained already. To make matters worse, she has DD tan skin so replacements aren’t as simple as just ordering more from the Volks store, etc (pleeeease Volks, please please please make tan replacement parts more accessible ;_;). Magic eraser did nothing so hopefully I can find the zit cream in Australia and it does the job for me! Would like to save up for a DD friend or two or ten for her ASAP but might have to put the funds into just scouring the internet for a bunch of tan parts, lol. Just a minor mishap in the grand scheme of things but I’m really disappointed in myself staining her so quickly, ehe. I’d like to mod her a bit too but now I’m scared since I messed her up already so easily, lol. 

Edited by Zai

Vinyl friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).
Future friends: DD Alisaie, DD Alphinaud, DD Icon and a TinyFox friend or two. 
Maybe future friends: DD 2B, DD 9S, DD Luka

Inolth

Letting her sit in dark clothing knowing she might stain. And she did. 

Xiongmao
On 3/6/2024 at 1:47 AM, Zai said:

But yeah, somehow I managed to rub her hands against her black outfit while posing her and the underside of her finger tips are all stained already. To make matters worse, she has DD tan skin so replacements aren’t as simple as just ordering more from the Volks store, etc (pleeeease Volks, please please please make tan replacement parts more accessible ;_;).

Benzoyl peroxide creme will probably work. I've never tried it on tan but then hands are more readily replaceable if it all goes wrong.

It's worth putting a request in some FB Groups or elsewhere (also on the wanted part of this forum). Tan parts do exist. I bought some tan hands last year but sadly they don't fit my girl (they're MDD hands btw).

Also if this was the most-stupid-thing-your-dollfie-dream-has done thread then it has to be Towa attempting to source weapons from Buyee.

But we live in crazy times and what would be crazier than getting sent down for 10 years for attempting to import a gun, even if it was only doll sized 😆.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

RozenGermain

Black Rosary around the neck thinking it would be fine lol! Spoiler alert: he stained anyway! 😅