Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Godzilla44566

Shiny defualt face?

Godzilla44566

Hello I would like to get some opinions on if anyone thinks my Chihaya has an extra shiny face.

http://imgur.com/a/T18Qu

I know its not a perfect comparison, but my Rin has the typical matte look but Chihaya seems to want to reflect light in a shiny manner. Its really bad sometimes in natural lighting but other times it looks fine. I got it used off YJA and never seemed to think it was a problem until I got a brand new doll, being Rin and to a lesser extent Miku, as the skin color difference makes it harder to compare.

Its my oldest doll and I am wondering if there is a environmental condition I may not be noticing that could cause this? Thought I would say I keep things pretty normal, no smoke and no direct sunlight.

Jezrah

It seems a little shiny maybe. Did you try just washing it with gentle soap and water? Even an unsealed faceup won't just wash off. The previous owner could have handled the face and it could be hand oils.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Godzilla44566
It seems a little shiny maybe. Did you try just washing it with gentle soap and water? Even an unsealed faceup won't just wash off. The previous owner could have handled the face and it could be hand oils.

I have a few times, I have never really scrubbed it though as I dont want to damage it. It did not seem to make too much of a difference. The face definitely is shiny, but the body seems to be a tad shiny too, or at least reflects more light then my Rin doll. I dont know if its vinyl batches or if this has been known to happen to vinyl for various reasons. The only google result I have found was sealant but im pretty sure it does not have a sealed face up.

BeyondTime

My Chihaya's face is not shiny at all. The only thing that I can think of is it could be a misapplied coat of MSC. If that is the case I don't think there is any way to fix it that doesn't remove the face-up.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

It could possibly be a weird vinyl batch, or a bad MSC coat. My reaction would probably be to spray a light coat of sealant myself to see if the matte coat would lessen the shine.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Godzilla44566

Does anyone think a magic eraser or just some distilled water would do any good?

BeyondTime

I'm guessing here, but I would think Magic Eraser would remove the face-up. As far as water goes you could try wiping an area that doesn't have paint to see if it removes whatever is making it shiny. I've had to clean Dream Rescue off a face-up area when it got on it accidentally during application. A slight amount of contact with a damp cloth shouldn't harm the face-up, but it is possible the doll I had to do it on might have been painted with different materials than yours. It could be her face-up is more water resistant.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Manoogany

I second what someone mentioned above! If the shinyness is really a bother for you spraying a light coat or 2 of some MsC or other sealant will give her face more of a matte look! It could just be the surface of the vinyl getting dirty or oily that is causing this, one of my 01 heads had this issue and no matter how much i washed her she still seemed really oily to me.

Let us know what you decide to do and how she turns out!