Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Tieren

DDS Elbow 3D Print Repair

Tieren

Lately I've been getting back into repairing my dollfies with 3D printing. In the past I've done the DD2 forearm, MDD1 shoulder (http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10960&hilit=+print), and MDD1 wrist. My latest repair is the centre piece of the DDS elbow.

Here's a picture of a good arm and the broken one:

26057889981_56e8244a78.jpg

Here are a couple photos of the broken pieces with the 3D printed parts:

26031745772_45a7544ba1.jpg

26098316266_dfb0891574.jpg

I printed in two different materials (white acrylic and frosted detail). As you can see in the photos, while the piece appears to have an odd shape, geometrically it's identical to two connected hemispheres. Here are some photos of the arm put back together:

26031745642_1f08ec869a.jpg

25521623193_80f5beafed.jpg

25851400690_c9fc28e0e5.jpg

And here's Momo sporting the new arm:

(although I believe the broken piece is from Millhi's body)

25519484164_28a16aa5d2.jpg

In the future I'll probably update the design to make it look more like the original part and fix some issues with the screw not fitting as well as the official part but for now it seems to be working well. As with my other replacement parts, anyone can get one printed from my Shapeways shop (dollfieliving.ca).

The next prints I'm working on are the MDD1 elbow (completing the skeleton for the entire arm) and a DD head post for a 40cm obitsu body.

tunedbysaturnsl1

I truly admire your skill with 3D printing. Making replacement parts is such a great idea since well, things happen. I would love to do this myself. However I have no clue where to start minus buying the printer itself. Maybe I'll have to look into it more since you've given me motivation to research it further.

Tieren

Using youtube to learn how to use Blender is a good place to start.

Manoogany

Wow! im actually super relieved I found this thread! I broke the wrist hook for my MDD girl and I followed the link to your shop and I was very fortunate to discover you had them! Your a life saver!