Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Error-Chan

Smart Doll "Nano" 1/9?!? (more info to be found).

Error-Chan

So just spotted this on facebook so posting it now wile i look for more info on these =)

...we can go even smaller - introducing "Smart Doll Nano" because I couldn't come up with naming similar to "Pocket Doll."

Smart Doll Nano is 1/9 scale and is will be launched after Pocket Doll in 2017.

View more at http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27345/Pocket+Doll.html

For me it says "Page not found following the link.

26055093032_f12378a4d1_c.jpgPocket Doll by Danny Choo, on Flickr

26147567695_8c37ed3ef3_c.jpgPocket Doll by Danny Choo, on Flickr

25874700810_efb90d3d94_c.jpgPocket Doll by Danny Choo, on Flickr

26147569185_c0f35f5f38_c.jpgPocket Doll by Danny Choo, on Flickr

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

alanielle

I have the same issue - 'No page found'. Too bad. Good to know the news though ^_^ Seems like Danny got a mania to reduce size Anyway it looks interesting ^_^

Error-Chan

Indeed I will keep an eye out for more info but the stuff above is from the images on flickr.

I will add more to the main post when I find it XD

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Monty

At first I wondered if it was an early april fools trick, but seems like too much effort for that.

So is this about the size of a figma or slightly bigger? It's kind hard to tell in these pics so I hope there's a photo with one with a figma eventually.

I'm kind of sad that the Pocket Doll is too big to be in scale with a pure neemo, but this one will be too small 8')

smart doll matryoshka? When he finishes this one and the 1/2 smart doll I'd love to see them all lined up

Mysha
At first I wondered if it was an early april fools trick, but seems like too much effort for that.

Actually... Smart Doll Mirai was an April Fools joke itself

So is this about the size of a figma or slightly bigger? It's kind hard to tell in these pics so I hope there's a photo with one with a figma eventually.

I'm kind of sad that the Pocket Doll is too big to be in scale with a pure neemo, but this one will be too small 8')

It seems it would be 20cm tall, which makes it perfect "doll for a doll" being 1/3 of 1/3 = 1/9

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Monty

So about the same height as Pure Neemo XS?

That means it would look even weirder with my kids, seeing that they have child proportions and bigger heads and yet would be the same height as her.

I'm a lot less interested in owning this scale than the 1/6 one but still interested to see it.

RiverR

The link works now! http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27345/Pocket+Doll.html

Actually... Smart Doll Mirai was an April Fools joke itself

It's dated 2016/04/01. . . definitely an April Fool's joke. Which means it'll probably be released next year.

It seems it would be 20cm tall, which makes it perfect "doll for a doll" being 1/3 of 1/3 = 1/9

That would be perfect! I'd love a doll for the doll. . .

EDIT: Finished reading the post. . . Danny's said that releasing SD Nano is a priority, hopefully to release in December 2016!

Monty

The post is mostly about Pocket Doll though (with some info on nano doll at the end) which has already been confirmed multiple times, so it's not an April fools joke. The actual April fools joke is the medical smart doll.

RiverR
The post is mostly about Pocket Doll though (with some info on nano doll at the end) which has already been confirmed multiple times, so it's not an April fools joke. The actual April fools joke is the medical smart doll.

Ah-- I see! Thank you Torino for the correction.

So Pocket Doll is December 2016 -- and Nano will be released later I hope!

Error-Chan

Just gonna update this with the new info on them.

Mistaria

I really hope they will make this real. I think having a mini style doll is really cute! Hopefully one day we will will be able to buy one.

Current Dolls owned: Miku, Lucy v1+2, Mariko, Sonico, Sasara and Takane.

yokha

This is nice....., a lot more variety and i really like the concept of a doll for a doll, but wheres my 1/6 scale danny?? my RAH need a new body...

Ai Priestess

I’m not sure how to insert posts from social media but I did find this on Instagram and it looks like a Nano? Probably?

Smart Doll Nano

DaemonNoyz
31 minutes ago, Ai Priestess said:

I’m not sure how to insert posts from social media but I did find this on Instagram and it looks like a Nano? Probably?

Smart Doll Nano

To me it looks like a regular Smartdoll that's missing parts of the legs...😅

Ai Priestess
3 minutes ago, DaemonNoyz said:

To me it looks like a regular Smartdoll that's missing parts of the legs...😅

But the doll looks so tiny in comparison to the owners hands. Or I could have no depth perception... 😵

Jezrah
1 minute ago, Ai Priestess said:

But the doll looks so tiny in comparison to the owners hands. Or I could have no depth perception... 😵

That's definitely a normal sized doll. A doll in the scale that the Nanos were supposed to be would have a head the size of the top of your thumb. We haven't heard about this project in literally years so it's probably never going to happen. Opening a smaller scale of dolls would cause the same problems that the bigger scale Plus dolls had, and would slow production and cause a need for more storage space.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Ai Priestess
Just now, Jezrah said:

That's definitely a normal sized doll. A doll in the scale that the Nanos were supposed to be would have a head the size of the top of your thumb. We haven't heard about this project in literally years so it's probably never going to happen. Opening a smaller scale of dolls would cause the same problems that the bigger scale Plus dolls had, and would slow production and cause a need for more storage space.

Oh well, I had my hopes up but thank you for checking! It looked small enough to me so I thought it was a Nano. 🙂

Meowjima

The Nano/pocket dolls are a lot more conceivable and probably easier and cheaper to make than the Smart Doll plus' were.  Especially if he opted for a frame similar to some of parabox's smaller dolls.