Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Seki

SQLab Doll DD body hybrids

Seki

Hellooo~ I'm new here!

Anyway, I was hoping to purchase a SQLab Doll head +DD body in a few months, so I was wondering if anyone could share any pictures of their hybrids. I've seen some pictures, but I haven't seen many. If there's already a post about posting hybrids, could you point me to it? If not, could you guys post some below? I would love you to see your lovely and adorable hybrids. I just absolutely love SQLab Doll heads. They're so beautiful and creative. I would love to see what you guys have done with them.

I also have a question about SQLab Doll. Do they let your order a face up along with the head? Thank you!

Yumeiro

I would like to see some as well (especially on a DDIII or DDdy body).

I would like to suggest that the neck is visible, because some heads are, apparently, a bit small. So it is just to properly determine their fit.

Hope it does not feel like I have hijacked your topic completely, Seki!

However, I think you just need to write in the orderform that you want a face-up. But I would message them and make sure they offer faceup for the sculpt you have in mind (and hope they reply), at this time.

Seki
I would like to see some as well (especially on a DDIII or DDdy body).

I would like to suggest that the neck is visible, because some heads are, apparently, a bit small. So it is just to properly determine their fit.

Hope it does not feel like I have hijacked your topic completely, Seki!

However, I think you just need to write in the orderform that you want a face-up. But I would message them and make sure they offer faceup for the sculpt you have in mind (and hope they reply), at this time.

Doesn't feel like you hijacked it at all. ^^ Yeah, I heard that the SQLab heads were a little smaller than Dollfie Dream's, but I don't have any Dollfie Dreams to compare to, so I probably wouldn't tell the difference until I got a Dollfie Dream. The hybrids that I did see though, it looked pretty normal to me. It looked really nice. But it's nice to see some more~

Eustia

chenproper.jpg

SQ Moe on an MDD.

riears.jpg

SQ Iris on a DDS. I don't really have any full body shots of either, but I think the main thing is looking at their shoulders.

I would not say either head works on DD3/Dy at all. Even DDS they start to look a bit small; only works on this DDS since it is a shorty mod. They're perfect for MDD, though.

Seki

SQ Moe on an MDD.

SQ Iris on a DDS. I don't really have any full body shots of either, but I think the main thing is looking at their shoulders.

I would not say either head works on DD3/Dy at all. Even DDS they start to look a bit small; only works on this DDS since it is a shorty mod. They're perfect for MDD, though.

Well, I was planning on buying the DD3 body with the one piece torso. So you're saying it won't work with that head at all? Like.. it won't fit? I don't really mind the head looking a little small on the body honestly. I dont really want a smaller doll. I want an adult looking doll. Also, your dolls are absolutely adorable!!!! > u< I can't wait to get mine~

Eustia

They do fit, but just look a little strange. If you don't mind the scale disparity (well, DDs are weirdly proportioned anyway I guess) it is fine.

Also as to your question in the first post, I don't know if SQ does custom faceups. They have prepainted faces on YJA along with blanks (buying from YJA is much more reliable/faster than their own store, by all accounts) but if you want custom you'll need to get a blank and commission someone to do to your requests.

Both of my SQs were painted by Chiseen (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5154 here) -- she bought the heads from YJA and had them shipped directly to her, then painted and shipped to me. Very handy. Some faceup artists do this, others want you to send them the head. Just talk to whoever you're using, I guess.

Seki
They do fit, but just look a little strange. If you don't mind the scale disparity (well, DDs are weirdly proportioned anyway I guess) it is fine.

Also as to your question in the first post, I don't know if SQ does custom faceups. They have prepainted faces on YJA along with blanks (buying from YJA is much more reliable/faster than their own store, by all accounts) but if you want custom you'll need to get a blank and commission someone to do to your requests.

Both of my SQs were painted by Chiseen (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5154 here) -- she bought the heads from YJA and had them shipped directly to her, then painted and shipped to me. Very handy. Some faceup artists do this, others want you to send them the head. Just talk to whoever you're using, I guess.

Really? Perhaps I can reconsider the size I buy then. It depends on how big the DDS body is. I'd have to look into it. Also, I remember someone saying they ordered a face up from the pictures in the website photo gallery. So, I wonder if that's possible. I want the certain face up they have on the website anyway.

Seki

Ohhh, wow. Thank you~ They don't have the one I'm looking for, but perhaps they will once I'm able to buy. : ) So all of those heads there are prepainted?

Eustia

Yep. Their YJA store has that range of prepainted heads for 20,000 yen. Blank heads are 6-7k.

Seki

Do you know how much shipping is for the US from the SQLab Dolls website?

Eustia

No idea, sorry. I have read numerous reports of them taking months to ship from their store, though. Whereas purchases on YJA ship within a few days.

Seki

Ohh, I meant the price of shipping. I'm not worried about how long it takes. I've waited 3 months for my BJD. xD I'm fine with long waits. But, if the head I want is on YJA, I will buy it, yes. ^^

Seki

Anyone have any other pictures? ^^ I would love to see your dolly hybrids.

jadepixel

I don't mind how they look on DD body, but if you're used to DD head it can feel small in comparison. If DD heads are 8-9" cirbleepference, SQ Lab is much closer to 8". They can wear the same wigs but tend to use smaller eyes (20mm instead of DD 22mm commonly). Also I'd recommend buying from Yahoo Auctions, SQ Lab has lately not been great about responding to orders in English through their webpage.

Here's my rehomed Kaoru with 22mm eyes and DD body-

6776413186_8cd4bcbd0e_z.jpg

Miyuki with Cirno eyes and MDD body

8434875075_29b7dd8751_c.jpg

Luka with 24mm eyes and MDD body

24834804993_3f6569aa92_c.jpg

Luka with SQ Lab eyes and DD body (can't recall if it's DDS or DD3)

9449545848_e106af8fb5_c.jpg

Seki

Oh wowowow. Your dolls are so glamorous, I love it! Yeah, I read up that the heads are a little smaller. I wouldn't think it'd bother me because I don't even own a Dollfie Dream, so I'm not used to anything, lol. But, I think I'll just end up going to DDS body anyways. Also, really? Yeah, I'll probably just buy from Yahoo Auctions. Looks like that' d be my best bet. I don't need any..agents or anything like that right? I can just directly buy from there?

Eustia

You need a proxy to buy from YJA. I personally use buyee as it is 'built in' to the YJA site, but there are many options. On a YJA listing there will be a "click here for international customers" or something button along the banner bar.

Seki

Thank you for the information, lovelys! ^^

Poofiemus

What's the best head-to-body securing method you guys have found? Technically the head I'd need to secure is an Out of Base, but SQ labs are more common so I figure you folks might be the ones to ask.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Seki

@Drizz57

Shes gorgeous!! Where did you get the bust and how much was it? o-o And..is it still available?

Kumi
What's the best head-to-body securing method you guys have found? Technically the head I'd need to secure is an Out of Base, but SQ labs are more common so I figure you folks might be the ones to ask.

I've heard - but didn't tested yet - to use a plastic bottle cap and drill a hole inside. It's a strong plastic.

You just need to use proper diameter drill to have a tight fit on the neck peg.

Also, some SQ heads may be smaller than DD ones, some not.

5923121209_ebe1ab514f.jpg

SQ Lab & DDH-02 by Michael, on Flickr

5923120235_de15e0c751.jpg

SQ Lab & DDH-02 by Michael, on Flickr

The face, as You see, is the same size. But the headcap can be flatter and this makes the head overall smaller. At some point I was even thinking about making a bigger headcap for it.

But in end, some SQ heads look quite good on a DD2/3 body.

6300091846_c8d0d87f9d_z.jpg

Enchanted evening by Michael, on Flickr

Kaoru says hi

PS. Old photos, sorry... orz

Poofiemus

I've heard - but didn't tested yet - to use a plastic bottle cap and drill a hole inside. It's a strong plastic.

You just need to use proper diameter drill to have a tight fit on the neck peg.

Also, some SQ heads may be smaller than DD ones, some not.

[snip]

The face, as You see, is the same size. But the headcap can be flatter and this makes the head overall smaller. At some point I was even thinking about making a bigger headcap for it.

But in end, some SQ heads look quite good on a DD2/3 body.

6300091846_c8d0d87f9d_z.jpg

Enchanted evening by Michael, on Flickr

Kaoru says hi

PS. Old photos, sorry... orz

Kaoru is GORGEOUS!

I wound up sueding the neck hole with craft foam and then using a couple teeny o-rings on the neck peg inside the head; that actually worked a treat, so apparently that's another option.

And the Out of Base head I have is even teenier than most SQ heads--she takes size 7-8 wigs! Good thing I decided to put her on an MDD body in the end:

26487631131_10c1b475b7_z.jpg

Abby says, "Hi everybody! Hi, Kaoru!"

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Kumi

Kaoru thanks a lot

She was in a borrowed wig and borrowed dress that time, and it worked some magic...

o-ring... Yes, o-ring or a rubber washer colud be also good for that. Have to try.

I was using eyeputty and it's not very good.