Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
sierra13

Life-sized figurine on sale in Japan

sierra13

Apparently there is a lottery open for the life-sized figure of Mumei from the anime Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Never heard of the anime before, but man, that figurine looks pretty awesome.

http ://kotaku. com/life-sized-anime-figures-sure-are-expensive-1785632519

(sorry for the blanks in the URL)

Also got me wondering: Will Volks one day be making 1:1 scale Dollfie Dreams?

Poofiemus

Wow--sometimes you see 1/1 scale figures at cons like WonFes, but they usually come out kind of weird. That one looks excellent!

As for 1/1 scale dolls, Obitsu actually made one, weirdly enough: http://www.obitsu.co.jp/doll/150.html

Compared to $25K for the figure, $2K or so for the doll is a steal!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

sinclair

That's just one of many life sized figures that have been made of late. But they are all limited so the price is too high for me to ever think about getting one. Plus I'm not sure what my wife would think...

sierra13

Yes, 25k is quite expensive. But the price is kinda expected considering that she is 216 times the size of a 1/6 figurine. Anyways, it seems you would need at least an address in Japan to be able to order one, since they don't deliver outside the country.

As for 1/1 scale dolls, Obitsu actually made one, weirdly enough

Cool, didn't know that they already exist.

sinclair
Yes, 25k is quite expensive. But the price is kinda expected considering that she is 216 times the size of a 1/6 figurine. Anyways, it seems you would need at least an address in Japan to be able to order one, since they don't deliver outside the country.

As for 1/1 scale dolls, Obitsu actually made one, weirdly enough

Cool, didn't know that they already exist.

Actually, they are only 6 times the size of a 1/6 figure. And could a 1/1 doll wear people clothes, or does it still need specially fitted outfits?

Poofiemus
And could a 1/1 doll wear people clothes, or does it still need specially fitted outfits?

I don't know about other 1/1 dolls, but the Obitsu one is sized that way on purpose--it's why she's not as willowy as other Obitsu dolls, specifically so she can wear people clothes.

Still doesn't solve the question of where you'd PUT her though. XD

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Ie-Aster
That's just one of many life sized figures that have been made of late. But they are all limited so the price is too high for me to ever think about getting one. Plus I'm not sure what my wife would think...

Oh man, if I were really, really wealthy, and if it weren't so limited, I would totally get the Asuka figure for my best friend. He loves Eva but is really annoyed by Asuka, and therefore, I tease him about how Asuka is his waifu. I could just imagine his face when his flatmates are like "hey you have a giant package from Japan" and he opens it to find giant Asuka chan XD

I have kind of threatened to do something like that with a non-giant doll, but if I ever did it would be largely because I'd have a lot of fun making a custom Asuka-chan in the first place.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

sinclair

That'd be the best trolling ever! You could always do a gofundme...