Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Kurenai, Twilight and Moonlight

baldylox
I thought so - she does have a different faceup but it's best if they share this thread so I changed the thread title.

Thank you! I appreciate that.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

rukitron
Voodoo01.jpg

That was my plan for next year when I get delicious tax return money was to get a Chitose with the extra large boobs.

Daisy-chan

I suppose we should also show off this new girl here, then.

Cr6if0jUAAAeivy.jpg

This is Moonlight. I believe she is the same sculpt as Kurenai and Twilight?

I'm not a huge fan of her face-up, but she still does look really cute.

Sato

I love the eye shape but for some reason the mouth just looks really weird. Not sure if it's because it sticks out so much or it's too high up.

seventhfonist

Moonlight is gorgeous. I think she is a must have for me

Eiko82

Moonlight is the same sculpt as Twilight and Kurenai. I asked Danny if they were all the same sculpt and got this reply :

SMART DOLL by DANNY ‏@MiraiRobotics 5h5 hours ago

@sultrymistress yep But to tell you the truth I wonder why people always ask - does it matter if you had to ask in the first place?

Tbh his response kinda rubbed me the wrong way. It just seemed unnecessary dismissive.

Truth to be told, I do find it confusing that he gives the same sculpt different names based on their skin tone. I doubt that I'm the only one.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Mysha

It's not only the skin tone. Entire faceup is different (eyes, lips...), so it makes them different characters. Why nobody complains when Volks makes Candy and Mirai with the same sculpt? Isn't *this* confusing?

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Eiko82

I didn't know that about Candy and Mirai, mainly 'cause I didn't pay any attention to either sculpt.

But yes, I do find that confusing just like I find it confusing that Volks' 'Four Sisters' sculpt is the same sculpt with 4 different names.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

VeRT

idk i think the mold is alright. if only there is a separate head only option.

SolicitorPirate
Moonlight is the same sculpt as Twilight and Kurenai. I asked Danny if they were all the same sculpt and got this reply :

SMART DOLL by DANNY ‏@MiraiRobotics 5h5 hours ago

@sultrymistress yep But to tell you the truth I wonder why people always ask - does it matter if you had to ask in the first place?

Tbh his response kinda rubbed me the wrong way. It just seemed unnecessary dismissive.

Truth to be told, I do find it confusing that he gives the same sculpt different names based on their skin tone. I doubt that I'm the only one.

Yeah, I saw his response on Twitter and it kinda put me off as well. Then again, the way he write in general has never sat entirely well with me.

Missy_Magoo

Kurenai and Moonlight look pretty to me, but something is off with Twilight. She looks...mean. I think it's the eyebrows and/or the visible teeth. I can't articulate it well but...yeah.

Danny's naming system hurts my brain. When the dolls have the same sculpt and faceup and only the skin colour is different, I can understand the themed names. For example, Ivory and Ebony...although Harmony kind of messed up that theme. I always felt Harmony should have been called 'Ebony' because she is the darkest doll, and Ebony should be called 'Harmony' since her tanned skin represents a balance between the lighter skin and dark skin

What confuses me is, if Twilight and Moonlight have different faceups why are their names similar as if to signify they are twins? Or if Danny wanted to signiify that the have the same sculpt by using themed names, shouldn't Kurenai be included in that, therefore her name should be 'Dawn' or something? It's confusing haha o_O

/rambling

SolicitorPirate

I agree that Twilight seems to have more of an edge to her compared to the other two. Personally, I think I actually prefer her for that.

Not sure if I'm going to go deep enough into this hobby to get a second doll, but if I do, it'll be her

elianti

Oh wow, Moonlight looks so lovely and gentle! Her faceup is the nearly the same as Kurenai but the longer hair and outfit makes her look like a kind older sister to me. xD I've been thinking that this sculpt would be good for one of my characters but I couldn't tell whom until I saw Twilight. Twilight's faceup makes me think this head would make a very cute boy. I'd love to see it on a guy body.

Cauldroness
It's not only the skin tone. Entire faceup is different (eyes, lips...), so it makes them different characters. Why nobody complains when Volks makes Candy and Mirai with the same sculpt? Isn't *this* confusing?

Volks also tells us up front that they're the same sculpt:

Head: “Mirai / Candy Standard Version” Original Head

I don't find it confusing for the name to change when details change, but I do prefer when the vendor tells me the full details of what I'm buying right up front, rather than having to ask for that info.

I also think Danny's reply is totally tone deaf and honestly quite rude. For many collectors, especially those just now getting into dolls, it's very obvious that two dolls are the same when you see them IRL but it can be hard to make that judgment by photo alone -- and many people don't want duplicate molds in their collection. (I have twins, but I have to LOVE LOVE LOVE the mold for it to qualify for twins.)

ETA: I also want to point out that Candy and Mirai may be the same mold, but they have different face-ups, different eyes, different wigs, different skin tones, AND different bodies!!! Basically, their head mold is the ONLY thing they share (and their default "slip" if you get the basic version).

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

cirquemom

This head looks a little smaller than the Mirai head- and I wonder if maybe it would look better next to Eiji than the Mirai/Ebony/Kizuna/Harmony sculpt, which looks a little big next to Eiji.

Ie-Aster
This head looks a little smaller than the Mirai head- and I wonder if maybe it would look better next to Eiji than the Mirai/Ebony/Kizuna/Harmony sculpt, which looks a little big next to Eiji.

I was also thinking it would look good/is more harmonius with Eiji vs. Mirai and Chitose. I'm interested to see photos.

Also, I appreciate everyone on Twitter who's been explaining why we care about different face molds ^__^ especially because I don't have a twitter and am too frightened of social media to make one for this XP

I'm really surprised,though, that Danny told people different answers about what Kurenai et al.'s sculpt was:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MiraiRobotics/status/774497794820182016

I mean, I agree that it's interesting to see what people think, but somehow I wonder if a business official account is the right place to do this sort of experiment? But then I don't know, so if anyone has marketing or customer surveying type experience I'd like to hear your take on it before making a judgment.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

Noxxbunny

I actually really like Twilight...I'm in the same boat that I want to see how she looks as a guy. I think it could be totally adorable for that. I like Moonlight too, but something about how red her cheeks are kinda looks off to me. But it's not like that can't be fixed with a new faceup.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Eiko82

I also think Danny's reply is totally tone deaf and honestly quite rude. For many collectors, especially those just now getting into dolls, it's very obvious that two dolls are the same when you see them IRL but it can be hard to make that judgment by photo alone -- and many people don't want duplicate molds in their collection. (I have twins, but I have to LOVE LOVE LOVE the mold for it to qualify for twins.)

Exactly! I'm not interested in duplicate molds unless I'm going for twins.

I love these closeups of the new girls :

I can't decide which one I like best : Kurenai or Twilight. They both have their own appeal.

SamND1967

Oh i love the angle of those photos from eiko82's link. They are all amazing girls, and I love Kurenai the most. I'm a sucker for blue eyed girls. I do like that all these girls seem to have different molds now. Twilight has a bit more of a fuller face compared to Kurenai.

Cauldroness
Oh i love the angle of those photos from eiko82's link. They are all amazing girls, and I love Kurenai the most. I'm a sucker for blue eyed girls. I do like that all these girls seem to have different molds now. Twilight has a bit more of a fuller face compared to Kurenai.

Sorry but you're confused! Moonlight, Twilight, and Kurenai are all the SAME mold, and it's been confirmed by Danny. Skin tone and face-up do a lot to make them look different, though!

However, I think this only underscores the importance of being up front about molds! Like I said, for many collectors, especially beginners, it's hard to identify mold by photos alone.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

yokha

They are really cute, I really love twilight but tye face up for moonlight looks super cute hha, but im on the verge of stopping to buy SM right now, the repeated head sculpt uses bore me, id rather wait a while so danny can use the money to buy a license and make more interesting sculpt, or to make an improvement to the body SM girl/SM boy since eiji short neck begin to bother me or hire a new sculptor who really sculpt (digital sculpt was great but it cant be compared by someone who sculpted everything with hands).

jazijaz

I'm so in love with this new girl I want her so bad!! and this is huge for me because I usually want to turn them into boys but I like this one as a girl. I can't wait to see her finished.

SolicitorPirate

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea how long until the new trio will be available for purchase? Obviously there's no official date yet, but is there much precedent for a general time frame from when Danny debuts new dolls and when they become available for general purchase?

twiggysbabe
Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea how long until the new trio will be available for purchase? Obviously there's no official date yet, but is there much precedent for a general time frame from when Danny debuts new dolls and when they become available for general purchase?

I was going to ask the same question. i really like the new headmold in the light tanned color *.*.

12101414793_2ba27a22cb.jpg

Ie-Aster

I saw a reply from Danny on Twitter saying that it would be sometime next year.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)