Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
amarilian

maid cafes

amarilian

What company do you prefer in maid cafes in japan?

These are the dolls you're looking for, no you cannot haz them they r mine:)

sklurk

I feel a lot of the theme cafes require a certain level of fluency in japanese to get the full value out of it. I think one of the chains in akiba advertises english maids, but it will depend on what day you go in and if their english speaking maids are working that day.

I think there's 2 main chains, maiddreamin and @home then there's a bunch of other places. There's also the variants like rude maid, little sister maid etc... you really need to speak the language to know what's going on.

They all have crappy overpriced food. lol.

It was recommended to me, and I've gone both times I was in tokyo, it's a place called the granvania. It's a restaurant/pub first before it's a maid cafe. It's an old english pub so it has the feel of an rpg tavern to it. The serving staff are all maids and they do their maid thing, and you can pay them fees to spend time with you on the games or photos and such, but the food is actually pretty good and decently priced, so even if you don't get the full maid interaction experience, you still get a good meal. I don't think they speak much english, but again it depends on who's working. Our first time some of the staff tried really hard to interact with us, second time not so much, but it was a lot busier and it didn't look like they had the time, also it required a lot more effort on their part and they were probably scared to try.