Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
nao

Peach skin feel restoration

nao

After a few years and some stain treatments, some of my girls are loosing this soft peach skin feeling you have on a new body.

The skin is more shiny than before on these places, like tighs and bust, and clothes doesn't 'slide' as well as before. This is particularly noticeable when I try to put some tights and panties. Clothes tend to rub against the skin making it difficult to put on.

Anyway, did you have any solution to restore the original soft peach skin ?

I have tried cleaning it with soap and even this formula 9-1-1 from Twin Pines, but I just can't get this soft skin back

-Mei

The vinyl does wear out over time so I dont't think there's anything you can do. At the very least you dont't have to replace the inner skeleton

SmartDollfie

This to me sounds very much like you need to buy replacement body parts. The exterior of the vinyl wears out over time and with exposure to cleaners, alcohol, acetone, and other chemicals. Even just our body oils and friction from changing clothes. It leaves the 'inside' of the vinyl exposed. If you feel the inside of your dolls breast plate, that's what's now on the outside in those non smooth areas, only, much more irritated by all the attention it's been getting!

Thankfully it's not the end of the world (unless she's one of the rare and illusive tanned DD girls)and you can grab a thigh and butt at the Volks store.

Jezrah

Woah you guys, peach pie aren't vinyl, they're silicon, so sshould be treated differently. Did you try dusting them with powder to make them less sticky again?

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

nao

Thanks guys.

I've tried to clean it by soaking it in hot water with soap overnight, but no dice.

While it was in hot water, I could definitely see the texture of the skin which give you this soft feel, and this same texture is completely gone in some places.

It's not bad enough to buy replacement parts yet. Beside the feel, the only complain I have is it's now more glossy on the light than before, a more "plastics" look if you see what I mean.

Maybe I can apply some matte finish like the one we use on faceup but I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

Woah you guys, peach pie aren't vinyl, they're silicon, so sshould be treated differently. Did you try dusting them with powder to make them less sticky again?

I did talk about vinyl parts, not peach pie I use the term "peach" to refer to the softness you have on them and on a new DD body. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

nao

Using sandpaper on a DD body is a little bit scary, but it may actually works.

I'll go buy some 3M ultrafine & microfine later in the week and try that. Thanks for the tip!

SmartDollfie

You can buy liquitex matte finishes and also stuff reborners use that is made specifically for vinyl.

Try this brands matte sealant : http://miracleblend.blogspot.com.au/

They'll always come off with some acetone or acetone free nailpolish remover. So long as you give the peices a warm soapy wash before and afterwards you'll be good