Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
baldylox

Konami and the bicycle

baldylox

I know I haven't introduced her properly yet but this girl was way too cute not to do some pics with! So this is the story of her riding a bicycle for the first time.

Now you're sure you can ride one Konami?

"Yeah.... I.... I can do it."

29878610495_31e4127a8b_z.jpgDSC_0036 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

"Imma put Bare Bear up front so he can nagivate for me."

29878593735_2a5d93635a_z.jpgDSC_0037 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Alright now, start off slowly and I'll watch you.

"Ohhhh..... the streamers are pretty!"

Focus Konami...

29795669661_04527da7a5_z.jpgDSC_0038 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

"I'm going!"

29252155243_024a3ed0e4_z.jpgDSC_0039 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

"Look Papa! I'm going! I'm doin' it!"

29765000742_dc44805694_z.jpgDSC_0040 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

That's great Konami! Just keep straight down the sidewalk and slow down a little. You don't want to get the speed wobbles.

"I got it!"

29795628441_9ebbd99dee_z.jpgDSC_0041 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Watch where you're going dear, turn to the right so you don't hit the bricks!

29252130963_d841d020b7_z.jpgDSC_0042 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

"Ohhhhhhhhh!"

Oh crap....

29843620816_936b9b71a1_z.jpgDSC_0044 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

29795601641_a24d485b02_z.jpgDSC_0045 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

KONAMI! Are you okay??

"Whaaaaaa!"

29584929200_fce292b741_z.jpgDSC_0046 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Oh Konami, I'm sorry you fell over. Are you okay? Where does it hurt?

"It....it hurts on my.... my shoulder....Sniffle...."

29251653124_1d19220749_z.jpgDSC_0047 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Come here little one. Hugs will make it better.

Sniff sniff "Maybe.....maybe some cookies........ might help....." sniffle

It seems *somebody* isn't as hurt as I thought they were.

29795556491_f926bc25fc_z.jpgDSC_0049 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

After some consoling and cookies....

So are you going to try it again?

"NO! The bike might try to kill me again..."

29584880100_d94b90b635_z.jpgDSC_0050 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Oh come on now, that was your first try. Hardly anyone gets it on their first try. And you were doing well before you tried to turn too hard.

"I.... I was?"

Sure you were! I think you can do it if you try again but this time don't go so fast. And I'll be right behind you just in case you think you might fall again. I promise I'll catch you if it looks like you'll fall.

"Well..... I guess.....maybe I can try it again."

29878469305_78c3d0a444_z.jpgDSC_0051 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Alright dear, try it again.

"Get behind me so you can catch me!"

Okay, gimmie a sec.

29251600954_29ee519b61_z.jpgDSC_0052 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

"Are you ready? Catch me now if I wobble!"

I got you dear, just look forward and pay attention.

29251579574_c92f1a8a2f_z.jpgDSC_0054 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

And off she goes!

29843536906_49477f82ec_z.jpgDSC_0053 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

You're doing so well Konami! Just keep going and turn wide so it's easier.

"Like this??"

29795506411_24656f8f77_z.jpgDSC_0055 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

I think you have it girl!

29764882502_85c65a37ab_z.jpgDSC_0056 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

"Look look! I'm going! I'm not falling either!"

29584807730_4da972db5f_z.jpgDSC_0058 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Just stay in the driveway for now and do large circles until you get the hang of it.

29251950853_78ab7d717f_z.jpgDSC_0059 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

"Okay!"

29795452701_027dfa4204_z.jpgDSC_0060 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

After about 10 minutes of circling the driveway....

"Can I go get the mail? I won't go out in the street I promise!"

29843451756_71beb7f42c_z.jpgDSC_0061 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Well I guess you can try to...

"Wait there Papa! I'll be right back! I can do it!"

She chimes her little bell as she races down the driveway...

29843443566_c3c6ace3b7_z.jpgDSC_0062 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

I wonder how she thinks she's going to reach all the way up to that mailbox....

In case you're wondering, the bike is from Toys R Us. It's one of their store brand 18 inch "Journey Girl" accessories and I got it on sale for $18! It fits the MDD sized girls really nicely too. And to make things easier, it has elastic straps on the foot pegs so their feet stay on there. I'd say I'm really happy with it for less than 20 bucks.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Anna-neko

ahhhhh, this is so cute!!!!

and OMG, was about to ask if this was American Girl accessory, but Toys R Us?? damn, too bad my state barely has any of their stores left ;_;

BeyondTime

A) Not surprised that Baldylox has an MDD sized bicycle... with a basket on the front to boot.

B) Not surprised that one of his girls uses crocodile tears to get cookies.

Edited by Guest

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mimiyo3

Oh that's so adorable! I'll have to look at my local toys r us and see if I find anything interesting. I do plan on getting a few mdds sometime.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

katnaper

That was cute. I think I've seen those bikes at Toys R'Us here too but they weren't on sale so I passed. LOL. I do have my eye on a few furniture though. Anyway, its always lovely to see your girls. I'm not even gonna ask how many you have already.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

baldylox
Adorable! Love the bike find too.

Thank you very much!

ahhhhh, this is so cute!!!! and OMG, was about to ask if this was American Girl accessory, but Toys R Us?? damn, too bad my state barely has any of their stores left ;_;

Hee hee, thank you! I was very impressed with the bicycle, it's got lots of nice details and isn't solid pink like so many other 18 inch girl things are. I took off some of the flowery looking stickers along the frame tho because it was just odd looking with them there. Now it looks more like an actual girls bike. That sucks that you don't have any TRU stores near you. We only have one near us, the closest after that is an hour and a half away in Columbia. Maybe you can find it online?

A) Not surprised that Baldylox has an MDD sized bicycle... with a basket on the front to boot.

B) Not surprised that one of his girls uses crocodile tears to get cookies.

Ha ha, tis true. I kinda have a ton of accessories for my girls. And yes, ALL of my girls hit me up for cookies whenever they can. I blame Manami.

Oh that's so adorable! I'll have to look at my local toys r us and see if I find anything interesting. I do plan on getting a few mdds sometime.

Thanks so much! TRU has a really well done line of furniture for their 18 inch girls.... we have a few of their things already and would like to get more. But the wooden furniture *can* be expensive depending on what you get. Not American Girl expensive mind you, THAT stuff thinks it's made of gold or something....

Oh, once you get one MDD, you're sunk. DD Law states that you cannot own just ONE MDD girl, you MUST have at least one PAIR so they have someone their size to play with and share clothes and toys with. I didn't make the law, I just follow it.

That was cute. I think I've seen those bikes at Toys R'Us here too but they weren't on sale so I passed. LOL. I do have my eye on a few furniture though. Anyway, its always lovely to see your girls. I'm not even gonna ask how many you have already.

Thank you! When I got the bike, it was on sale for 30% off so it's normally about $25 to $28 bucks. Really not bad for how well made it is and for how nicely it fits the MDD girls. I agree about the furniture tho, some of it is really nice looking! We have a few pieces from them already and would like to add a sectional couch and maybe an armoire. But those run like $50-$60 each when not on sale so I'm waiting for those to hit a sale before I bother with them.

As for how many I have now, it's scary. I've got 30 DD sized girls and 11 MDD sized girls so that makes 41 total ( including the newest ones Chitose and Eiji ). I'm insane for sure....

Billy

Mimiyo3

Thanks so much! TRU has a really well done line of furniture for their 18 inch girls.... we have a few of their things already and would like to get more. But the wooden furniture *can* be expensive depending on what you get. Not American Girl expensive mind you, THAT stuff thinks it's made of gold or something....

Oh, once you get one MDD, you're sunk. DD Law states that you cannot own just ONE MDD girl, you MUST have at least one PAIR so they have someone their size to play with and share clothes and toys with. I didn't make the law, I just follow it.

Billy

Good thing I plan on getting an original and prisma illya! Currently saving up and stalking on manda/yja. I'd have done it by now if volks could have stopped pulling the rug out from under me with perfect new releases. >w>

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

sinclair

Then I'm in trouble. I have none yet, but have been preparing to buy one. The wife is going to kill me when she finds out I have to buy two...

K-2

Then I'm in trouble. I have none yet, but have been preparing to buy one. The wife is going to kill me when she finds out I have to buy two...

At least two.

Three or more are roundly encouraged.

MVSig.jpg

BeyondTime

I don't think this is a DD law so much as it is the recently discovered fifth fundamental force of nature. The same interactions apply if you have a DD, or a DDS, or an SD. You can't just own one. Once you have two they will collaborate to steal your credit cards while you are sleeping, and then go clothing shopping on the Volks website.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sinclair
Once you have two they will collaborate to steal your credit cards while you are sleeping, and then go clothing shopping on the Volks website.

Or they brainwash you into doing it for them. Just last week my wife asked me "Just how many clothes does she need? She's just a doll." Miku just sits on our dresser looking so kawaii that I can't but help to buy her more cute outfits. Poor Yaya is stuck in her box until Christmas, so her wardrobe will be small in comparison. But Miku is a loving younger sister and will share, even if they aren't Yaya's style. Speaking of which, I need to get on the eBays and order some more things them them...

K-2
Just last week my wife asked me "Just how many clothes does she need? She's just a doll."

How many pairs of shoes does your wife have?

MVSig.jpg

sinclair

3, maybe 4. My wife is not the typical woman. I think I have more clothes than she does, and I have less than the typical man. She is very much like a Vulcan, logical and pragmatic.

MrFjmg03

Koan I is so adorable. I just want to give her a big hug. I love her blue hair

She is very brave for trying that bike ride a second time

baldylox

Ha ha, nice to see I'm not the only one who follows "The Law" on multiple DD girls.

Konami is so adorable. I just want to give her a big hug. I love her blue hair She is very brave for trying that bike ride a second time

Thank you very much sir! She enjoys hugs so I'm sure she'd be fine with that. And yes, she's a brave girl..... especially after her Papa gave her cookies, milk and a good pep talk.

Billy

jazijaz

Konami reminds me of me when I first started learning how to bike but no one offered me cookies when I fell and hit my head pretty hard on the ground she's sooooo freaking cute!! I love her hair and I think I need to visit Toys R'Us (for some reason every time I go I never find anything for my dolls)

baldylox
Konami reminds me of me when I first started learning how to bike but no one offered me cookies when I fell and hit my head pretty hard on the ground

Awww! But I didn't offer her milk and cookies.... SHE kinda offered that up herself and I complied due to wanting her to stop crying.

She's sooooo freaking cute!! I love her hair and I think I need to visit Toys R'Us (for some reason every time I go I never find anything for my dolls)

Thank you very much! I think she's adorable too. As for her wig, it's the default for Sakuno. I got it a long time ago and had my Rei and Reiko wear it on rare occasion but once I put it on Konami, it was a done deal to make it hers.

Definitely hit TRU, you might find some cool stuff! They always have nice furniture there and it's the perfect MDD size.

Billy

Error_lady

This is adorable =3

baldylox
This is adorable =3

Thank you!

So cute! I love that bike!

Thanks! I got it from Toys R Us, they should have them in stock most of the time.

Billy

xaviervui

lol..very cute..i like the bicycle..too bad our Toys R Us here doesn't sell them

cfx

Off-topic, but relevant here I think: Toys 'R Us is in bankruptcy and will be closing all stores, so if there is any cool doll accessories like the bike to be had from there this is the time.

baldylox
Lovely story!

Thank you!

Off-topic, but relevant here I think: Toys 'R Us is in bankruptcy and will be closing all stores, so if there is any cool doll accessories like the bike to be had from there this is the time.

Yeah I've been keeping up with that stuff and I'm hoping they will be discounting a bunch of doll stuff so I can go clean them out with my tax returns. Their 18 inch doll furniture is really nice as are the accessories so I'd like to grab a bunch cheap if I can. That and the American Girl Wellie Wishers line is great for accessories and clothing for MDD girls.

Billy