Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Oni-Chan

Sunrise x smart doll

Monty

I absolutely HATE my Eiji's arms so I'm glad he decided to do this.

Seriously, the extra vinyl around the peg makes them so hard to put back in when they fall out, which is a lot. It wouldnt be as much as an issue if the peg itself was longer.

I guess that also explains why his head looks bigger to me!

This was a really good idea and opens him up to a little more characters too. I wonder if he'll make beefier arms as well, or if a beefier doll would be a new body entirely.

freakie-oppa

I am actually pleasantly surprised that not only has Danny Choo made a different torso piece for the Smart Doll boys, he has also gone to the length of slimming down limbs to fit different characters.

Lelouch looks alot better from pictures that were taken at the Isetan store, I must admit my disappointment is alot less compared to the first release photos. Still not a doll I'd consider a character doll but a great improvement in my book.

I wasn't aware that the old arms had a problem though hopefully the new one would feature improvements that can be implemented on the more toned arms for better movement. Hopefully.

Mimiyo3

Huh, my Eiji's arms are fine. I haven't had them fall out at all and the only time I took one off it went back in perfectly. The character he's supposed to be is on the buff side so for him I like it. As long as the different arms aren't a replacement and are just a different option I'm happy. It'll be good for other characters I make since most of them have a bit more average of a shape than him.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

Mario

Aha! So my thoughts were correct. Lelouch is using a different body.

Danny is calling it the "mens slim body"

You can see the differences of the Lelouch slim body(milk) and the current default Eiji body(cocoa) .

men.png

It just seems like the arms(especially around the shoulder area) and abdominal area are much thinner than the default one.

Source Tweet(click for higher res picture)

Mimiyo3

Good to see there will at least be some variety for bodies on the guys! I hope the body becomes standard at some point. Looks like smartdoll bodies are the way to go for your more masculine dudes while the volks bodies are better suited to more shota-esque characters.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

elianti

I'm glad we have comparison pictures! I was curious about how Lelouch's upper arms looked after Danny said that his upper arms and bust were different. I like it! I'm not sure if I'd prefer those slimmer upper arms or not, but least I know that a smart doll guy is still the best fit for the milk/normal skin guy I have planned. I'd prefer to have as much body variety as possible though so I'll try to wait it out some more to see if Volks or Obitsu has something nicer in store.

Talolili

The wait for Lelouch is driving me crazy. I really want him for my girls. Hopefully some more news will be announced.

yLLiS

Any news on Spike?? Danny never mentions/shows him anymore.

Nozomi02

He's still in the plans, just going through a redesign. His wig specifically was mentioned, but I could see other aspects getting reviewed/ redesigned as well. I know someone who had a long talk with Danny about upcoming releases at hyper Japan and got him to answer a lot of questions.

At home:

DDH-05: Kimiko

DD Snow Miku: Miss Yum Yum

Smart Doll Ivory: Yuki

Smart Doll Chitose

Smart Doll Eiji: Hotohori

DD Saber Extra

DDH-07/SmD Hybrid: Maki

Smart Doll Harmony

Smart Doll Twilight

DDH-10 MDD: Anzu Futaba

Smart Doll Crimson Kai: Takeshi

yLLiS

oooh, thanks for the info! That makes me glad to hear he wasn't scrapped after all!!

Monty

Considering just about everyone who commented said he looked weird/bad/off, compared to the very few who said they liked how he looked, I'd be shocked if he released him looking like that. It really seemed like it was a prototype to get feedback on, imo it was a smart move.