Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
baldylox

Manami 2.0

baldylox

As most people saw in Littlebearries post with Alna, I sent Manami away for a redo on her faceup. It was a really difficult thing for me to do but it really needed to be done.

A few weeks ago during a photoshoot, I noticed thather cheeks seemed a bit dull looking. So on closer inspection, I saw that almost all of her blush had disappeared. This worried me so I looked at her face really well and saw other changes too. Her lips weren't nearly as pink or shiny as they used to be and her eye makeup also seemed less bright.

This all led to me asking her original owner to redo her for me. She declined saying that she was afraid of messing her up and making me upset. I guess I can't blame her really but I was pretty let down.

But then I remembered my friend Littlebearries and how she has done some amazing things with DD faceups. So I asked her for her help and she agreed to give Manami a full makeover!

We talked about what I wanted and how she should look and the biggest thing for me was that she stay looking like Manami. I loved her original faceup and didn't want to lose that look. LB understood and she made it clear that all she was going to do was clean her up. My emphasis was for her to look "crisp and clean with more detail". And LB totally nailed it!

To better illustrate what happened, I'm going to show some pics of when she was new to me and then some shots of her right before she left to get redone. Then I'll finish up with Manami 2.0 in all her glory!

So up first are 2 pics of her when she was first adopted. This first pic is just a few days after she arrived. You can see how bright and colorful her face is here.

6360213303_34941d467d_z.jpg

This next pic is a few months after I had her. This is when I found out how to use separate light sources to get better pics.

6360208067_94c5c417c9_z.jpg

Now for a few shots the night before she left to get redone.

6360113219_787ec70a22_z.jpg

6360122005_2fdb937021_z.jpg

6360131193_2791740f3a_z.jpg

It's really hard for me to say this but looking at her in these closeups, I can see she isn't perfect. Her eyebrows are kind of uneven in spots and she lacks details in her eyeliner and shading. She just doesn't have a "professional" look to her. I love her to death and really like how well her "mother" did on her. But I had to look at this objectively so I could know what I really wanted for changes.

In the above pics, you can really see how she's faded over the course of a year and a half. I suppose by me taking outside so often in the sun and weather, she has faded faster than normal.

So it took a big deal of pride to ask for help but since I totally trust LB with this, I mailed off Manami to get a redo.

And here she is, freshly back from her "Spa" treatments! Manami says she went to a day spa for a bit to get "refreshed and rejuvenated". Ha ha!

6360178493_e66b482fe7_z.jpg

I gave her a new swimsuit set to try out as soon as she got home. She is also wearing new shoes.

6360182411_bbe4cb06ef_z.jpg

And she got a new wig as well since her old one finally "died" according to her mother.

6360175237_c4d56988b9_z.jpg

LB did an AMAZING job on her. Just look at how precise and crisp the details are on her!

6360186507_ef0b922246_z.jpg

She now has so much life and color! I'm totally in love all over again. You may also have noticed that I changed her default bust to the Shapely Bust again. She wore this briefly before but I changed her back for some reason. Now, since she's all new, I thought it best to give her the Shapely Bust back so she can show off a bit.

6360151531_8e725d1c1c_z.jpg

What really caught me by surprise was the new Volks wig. I really dont recall her other wig being so curly!

6360147529_d94ff4e792_z.jpg

"Papa! I had so much fun at the spa! Look how nice they made my boobies look!"

6360155271_d383358494_z.jpg

"Thanks for the swimsuit Papa! I love the panties! Pretty pink!"

6360159433_45ab97153c_z.jpg

I got this swimsuit from a friend of Rochelle's out at Kerbey Lane Doll Shoppe. It had some small stains on it so I got a discount for that. Luckily, I did a nice handwashing on it and they came right out!

6360171261_eacdcc813f_z.jpg

Ok Manami, show me your gorgeous new face one more time.

"Of course! You can't get enuff of me can you Papa?"

6360162799_1954599df7_z.jpg

I'm just glad you're home Manami. I missed you a lot.

"I missed you too! Gimmie kisses!"

You're a bit too close Manami, back up some.

"KISSES!!!!"

6360167067_a99d97d035_z.jpg

I would like to thank Littlebearies once again for the superb job she did for me. My girl is extremely special to me and I feared losing her with a new faceup. But LB did so well at preserving Manami's look and personality, I am totally amazed. THANK YOU!!!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

OtakuDepot

I'm so happy for you Billy. I know how worried you were about sending her away but Littlebearries did an amazing job. I already knew she did great looking faceups but to nail her look perfect is so nice. She doesn't look like a different girl, she really is Manami - just better.

She looks very happy now, she's even more beautiful than she ever thought she could be!!! haha

Congrats again sir, I know how happy and relieved you are!

**James.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Poofiemus

Congrats on getting her back! Seeing the old and new closeups side by side like this, the difference is really noticeable; I mean, she's still clearly the same Manami, but everything's so much crisper now. I hope I can get even half as clean when I re-do Agatha's now manky faceup. ^^;

Welcome back, Manami! We all know you're happy with your new look, but try not to annoy your sisters too much, kay?

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox
I'm so happy for you Billy. I know how worried you were about sending her away but Littlebearries did an amazing job. I already knew she did great looking faceups but to nail her look perfect is so nice. She doesn't look like a different girl, she really is Manami - just better.

She looks very happy now, she's even more beautiful than she ever thought she could be!!! haha

Congrats again sir, I know how happy and relieved you are!

**James.

Thank you very much James! I was a stressball the entire time really. I know I drove LB crazy. But it was all worth it to be able to have Manami come home looking so alive. I can't express my gratitude to LB but she knows how much I love the new look.

Congrats on getting her back! Seeing the old and new closeups side by side like this, the difference is really noticeable; I mean, she's still clearly the same Manami, but everything's so much crisper now. I hope I can get even half as clean when I re-do Agatha's now manky faceup. ^^;

Welcome back, Manami! We all know you're happy with your new look, but try not to annoy your sisters too much, kay?

Thank you! This is EXACTLY what I wanted! LB did it so well! It's like you said, she's different but the same. And that's what was so important to me. I'm sure you'll do just fine with Agathas redo!

Manami says - "Thank you Poofie! I am so totally stoked about my new look! I didn't think I could be MORE gorgeous than I was but it looks like I am! I am going to make sure to show ALL my sisters how awesome I am now!"

Well, as Slim Shady says, "I've created a monsta, cuz nobody wants ta, see Billy no more, they want Manami, I'm chopped livah!"

Billy

geminidoll

Manami looks wonderful. What a ham she is, oodles of personality in this girl!!

LB does amazing face-ups. She's our DD go-to faceup artist at Kerbey Lane. Highly recommend

Congrats on having your girl home for the holidays Billy. And thanks for the super fun pics.

DefectiveAngel

Awwwwww she looks amazing! LB did such a wonderful job refreshing her face-up.

I had no idea that a face-up could fade like that. Such a big difference in the before and after shots. But you can still tell that it is Manami. She didn't lose one bit of her distinct Manaminess...lol! XD

That must have been so nerve wrecking have your number one princess gone and having her face-up refreshed. But I can tell she was in good hands with LB. It really does look like she had gone off to a spa to return so refreshed and rejuvenated. From LB's pic Manami even had a special head massage with Alna's boobs...lol! XD

I'm really loving Manami with the shapely bust, it's perfect for her. She also looks really good in that swimsuit too.

I'm so happy for you that you were able to get someone to help you and Manami out to renew her look. She is even more gorgeous now. Looking forward to all her future photoshoots showing off her new and improved sexiness.

baldylox
Manami looks wonderful. What a ham she is, oodles of personality in this girl!!

LB does amazing face-ups. She's our DD go-to faceup artist at Kerbey Lane. Highly recommend

Congrats on having your girl home for the holidays Billy. And thanks for the super fun pics.

Thanks so much! And yes, she is indeed a ham! But she's *MY* ham! And I agree with you, LB rocks! I can see why she is your go-to girl for faceups, she's awesome. You're quite welcome for pics! Did you think she WOULDN'T want pics up as soon as she got back?

Awwwwww she looks amazing! LB did such a wonderful job refreshing her face-up. I had no idea that a face-up could fade like that. Such a big difference in the before and after shots. But you can still tell that it is Manami. She didn't lose one bit of her distinct Manaminess...lol! XD

Thank you very much! i also had no clue this could happen. But once I noticed it, I couldn't NOT see it. That's why I had to get her fixed up. I'm super happy LB agreed to help us out. She did such a good job of keeping her as she was while making her fresh and new.

That must have been so nerve wrecking have your number one princess gone and having her face-up refreshed. But I can tell she was in good hands with LB. It really does look like she had gone off to a spa to return so refreshed and rejuvenated. From LB's pic Manami even had a special head massage with Alna's boobs...lol! XD

I won't lie, I was all sorts of scared something would happen to her in transit. But once she was in LB's hands, I wasn't worried, just excited. The spa bit was an easy idea to use. It fits the new look since she really didn't "change" per se. And I know she will tell us all about her massuese Alna and her special treatment! HA HA!

I'm really loving Manami with the shapely bust, it's perfect for her. She also looks really good in that swimsuit too.

Thank you! I agree that she looks wonderful with this setup. It's so her. I also like that swimsuit, it's quite adorable.

I'm so happy for you that you were able to get someone to help you and Manami out to renew her look. She is even more gorgeous now. Looking forward to all her future photoshoots showing off her new and improved sexiness.

I'm happy I did too! I'm not sure what I would have done had LB not helped me out. She's awesome, I can't say thanks to her enuff. And I'll make sure you get plenty more pics of Manami and company soon!

Billy

otakusan

Congrats on having her back, must be some hard days without her around... but she has returned looking great

scripple

So let's see, this spa seems to work with silicone or saline for the bust and collagen to bring out the lips right? Are we sure it was really a spa and not an operating room? XD

Just kidding. She looks great, I'm glad you got her back safely and that you survived your separation anxiety. I'm sure all the other girls are very happy to have her back and have you finally relaxed again.

Innocentsake

LB really does amazing work! Manami is brand spanking new and looking better than ever! That does frighten me to know that a face-up can fade over an extended period of time (though I figured it was quite a high possibility). But at least I now know someone who could touch up the face-up if it had to be done again cause LB nailed it with Manami

Congrats on having her back in your loving arms!

PrettyCranium

Manami looks amazing, but still like herself. LB did a fabulous job. I hadn't noticed the changes on Manami before, but like you said, once they were pointed out, it became hard to NOT see them. She looks refreshed now. Congrats.

Saluli

She is really looking as she just did some facial treatments.. the DD equivalent of a cristal peeling? If she was not in a bathsuit, I would swear she got some nice bra too!

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

Alphakitty

Manami looks great! It must have been nerve-wracking to send her head away like that, but it definitely turned out for the best. She has so much more life now and she looks bubbly and excited about her new changes. New faceup AND a new bust? She certainly is a spoiled girl. XD

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

Averis

I'm glad everything turned out well. She looks much more professionally painted now. Great work Littleberries! She really kept her old look, but better.

Congrats, Billy! Now we better see a bunch of new photos.

baldylox

Thank you very much everyone! I'm really happy that people enjoy how she looks now.

Yes, she's my favorite girl even tho i shouldn't have one. Yes she is BEYOND spoiled and I know it. And yes, her sisters are happy she's back so I'll quit dragging around the house and moping.

It wasn't easy for me to send her away but even tho I was a little stressed out, I knew LB would do what I wanted and do it well. And she did. I can't thank her enuff for this and I can't sing her praises loudly enuff either.

I'll be putting up a photo story tomorrow about Manami arriving home and seeing her sisters. It took me forever to do because of props and clothes changes but I think everyone should enjoy it.

Thanks again for all the kind comments about my Manami!

Billy

Poofiemus

I'll be putting up a photo story tomorrow about Manami arriving home and seeing her sisters. It took me forever to do because of props and clothes changes but I think everyone should enjoy it.

Heh, looking forward to it! Can't wait to see how she brings it up to Rei, and how the latter reacts. XD

I know what you mean about props! It's not so much getting them all into the shot that's hard, it's getting them all back out. There were two shots of Agatha after she summoned all her tools that I couldn't use because somehow one of her spare pointing hands had slipped into the pile!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Zukin

Aw, she looks better than ever!

I'm happy for you both.

baldylox
Heh, looking forward to it! Can't wait to see how she brings it up to Rei, and how the latter reacts. XD

I know what you mean about props! It's not so much getting them all into the shot that's hard, it's getting them all back out. There were two shots of Agatha after she summoned all her tools that I couldn't use because somehow one of her spare pointing hands had slipped into the pile!

I hope it lives up to your expectations since you gave me a few of the ideas I used. Rei gets a few good jabs in but as usual, my little princess comes out on top. Oh wait, this time she *doesn't* wind up on top! Heh heh heh....

And yes, making sure stuff is NOT in the way sucks! I had to redo many shots in order to not have random stuff in there I didnt want... lamp cords, cats, shoes, cats, random leaves from outside, cats. And its really hard with ten girls to pose and have look good. Just brushing hair took me 15 minutes!

Aw, she looks better than ever! I'm happy for you both.

Thank you very much!

Billy

mitsuki

She looks amazing! It is great to see her back at home. She looks so happy! You must be so happy too!

Waynio

Manami must feel great having been treated so well!! I'm glad she is so vibrant again! It's amazing that a touch-up does so much wonders!!

Wayne

baldylox
She looks amazing! It is great to see her back at home. She looks so happy! You must be so happy too!

Thank you Mitsuki! We are both extremely happy to be back together. I missed her for sure but it was well worth it. LB did such a wonderful job on her, I can't thank her enuff.

Manami must feel great having been treated so well!! I'm glad she is so vibrant again! It's amazing that a touch-up does so much wonders!!

Heh, she certainly does feel better! She won't shut up about it! But I'm happy that she's happy. She had fun while away and now she's having fun at home.

I also had no clue how big a difference this would make for her. It actually has me contemplating having her sisters Miyuki and Mamimi redone in the future. I'm not sure on that just yet tho, I need to talk it over with them first to see if that's what they want.

Billy

littlebearries

Awwwww.... I'm so glad you love her, baldylox!!!! She had a lot of fun while she was here! Sprout kept telling her stories, Alna kept toting her around with her, she and Airy lamented not having huge boobs (obviously a temporary situation for Manami XD ) and the tiny girls (Pure Neemo and Mamachapp) kept asking her if she needed a nice, cold beverage, and offering to hold the straw for her XD

AND, I'm glad she made it home safe and sound. I know you were very worried about her!!!

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

baldylox
Awwwww.... I'm so glad you love her, baldylox!!!! She had a lot of fun while she was here! Sprout kept telling her stories, Alna kept toting her around with her, she and Airy lamented not having huge boobs (obviously a temporary situation for Manami XD ) and the tiny girls (Pure Neemo and Mamachapp) kept asking her if she needed a nice, cold beverage, and offering to hold the straw for her XD

AND, I'm glad she made it home safe and sound. I know you were very worried about her!!!

How could I not love her? You did such an amazing job! And you nailed it on the first try too! I couldn't believe how nice she looked in that first picture you sent me, it was great.

Ha ha! That is so cool to hear about her adventures with you and your girls! That was really nice of them all to make her feel at home there. Especially Alna and Sprout, it's so sweet of Sprout to tell her stories! And Manami is very attached to your Alna.... she won't stop telling everyone how pretty she is.

Thank you again for all your hard work. I know I must have been a royal pain bothering you so much. i appreciate you putting up with me.

Billy

littlebearries

Hahaha! No you weren't a royal pain!!

Other things were a royal pain, like paypal, hijacking Pure Neemo payments for several days more than I thought polite... but you? No! I actually thought you did shockingly well, considering Manami had to wait overnight to be picked up (seriously... they can't give me my packages the same day?!) and also that she had to wait a day while I went to the doctor (they specialize in torture, I swear). Nope, considering, you did pretty darn well.

Plus, now the Pure Neemo girls are ultra helpful, always wanting to fetch drinks and such, and Alna is complaining about how we never have enough visitors, and Sprout is actually agreeing with her. It's... it's almost scary.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png