Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
amarilian

VR

amarilian

Is there anyone out there that is a little apprehensive about using the new VR equipment. I've watched Sword Art Online, and saw what happened.

These are the dolls you're looking for, no you cannot haz them they r mine:)

Yukamina

I'm more aprehensive about feeling nautious and motion sick from VR. Actually even regular games with too much camera motion (especially 1st person games) make me motion sick.

But your question made me think of these two videos:

Though if you question about SAO is real... well, you won't get trapped in VR. Just take the headset off. It's not connected to your brain, it's just a screen in front of your eyes.

sinclair

I have used the HTC Vive for about 5-10 min. It was awesome! So much so I plan on getting the PSVR to use with my PS4.

I've never seen SAO, but from what I know, it seems almost like an anime version of the old TV show VR.5 that I loved so much.

Either way, I'm ready for it.

Gunter

I'm interested to see where it goes. As someone who is fascinated by technology I'd love to see what is possible. Apprehension is not something I hold.

Personally, I'll be buying a PSVR in Jan. My boyfriend is buying the HTC Vive within December as his "xmas" gift to himself. To say the least I'm very much into it and super excited to embrace it.

Am I concerned about anime becoming real? This is how I will always answer this question: No. These don't function that way and anything of that advancement will probably either not occur during my lifetime, or will happen when I'm too old and tired to get into it.

Worst thing I can see coming from it for me is maybe a headache from the weight, cause it's kinda heavy. :P

buncho

i'm a total cyberpunk and electronics junkie and so since this tech became accessible to the public, I've been really really interested in it. I haven't tried it yet, though, so maybe I should curb my enthusiasm a tad. the possibilities it offers make me kind of excited, though-- maybe they can make some sort of basic haptics interface next that's a little better than the dorky looking PS move controllers :p

I have a recent model of samsung phone and so i've been toying with the idea of getting the samsung gear, especially because samsung is partnered with oculus and that allows you to access to a lot more experiences/games...

I don't have a ton of concerns, especially with becoming "lost" in one of these games or experiences-- i feel like they're a normal leisure activity that's just become more immersive. the only thing i do worry about, though, is not being aware of my surroundings while i'm wearing it.

EDIT: -- i picked up like a $5 cardboard viewer today at a local craft store and gave it a try. it's not an official viewer so the calibration is far from perfect, but it's really cool. I did end up feeling kind of disoriented after using it, though.