Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

puxlavoix

Hello from Mexicooo!!

puxlavoix

Ummm... where to start?

My name is Javier, I live in Mexico City and Im a Systems Engineer at a major bank. Like most guys, I like sports, cars, gadgets and all those boys toys. I also studied Arquitecture but didnt get to graduate.

Im very crafty since I was a child and I can really appreciate aesthetics and any form of what you would call art.

Im completely new to BJD's or DD´s for that matter. I like figures in genereal and toys mostly from my chilhood memories, but I wouldnt consider my self a collector mainly because I can hardly count 20 of them, some of which are anime figures like figmas and the likes, my closest approach to any kind of doll is my 1/6 Misa Amane from Deathnote which used to consider the coolest until I learned about DD's

Long story short: I dont remember what I was at the moment, but one picture on google was one of Danny choo´s Saber Chan, both of whom I had never heard of before . So I followed the link and was AMAZED at how big, reallistic and above all BEAUTIFUL those dolls were, next thing I started searching all I could find about them and one month later Im waiting for my first DD (Yukino ) to arrive.

I dont consider myself stupid or anything but It took me like 15 hours or so to even found that these "big anime dolls" are actually called DD´s and even more time to try to find anything about them that was not confusing or frightening. Thats when I found http://otakudepot.com/ and James was so kind to give me some REAL GOOD pointers and information and also invited me to join this forum. Ive been reading a lot about all you and your lovely daughters, I think this is one of the nicest forums about DD´s and I it sure feels like family

I hope to stick around for a long time, Ill introduce my daughter to all of you when she arrives

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

baldylox

Welcome aboard amigo! I think you're the first person from Mexico to join up here!

Congrats on getting your first DD. I hope she arrives soon. James is a great guy to talk with and he is also a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to cameras. So if you have photo questions, he can help.

Feel free to ask any questions you need to and someone will help you out. We have lots of great people here so I'm sure you'll feel relaxed here.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

fenrir z78

Welcome to the fourm. Feel free to ask anything you want.

puxlavoix
Welcome aboard amigo! I think you're the first person from Mexico to join up here!

Congrats on getting your first DD. I hope she arrives soon. James is a great guy to talk with and he is also a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to cameras. So if you have photo questions, he can help.

Feel free to ask any questions you need to and someone will help you out. We have lots of great people here so I'm sure you'll feel relaxed here.

Billy

Thanks Billy, I was hoping to meet someone from Mexico here, but I think Im the only one over here...

I really think that taking pics of our daughers is one of the many ways you can get to enjoy yourself and share with them and also an excellent subject to refine our skills.

Im sure James and many of you will be of much help when it comes to photoshoots, im looking forward to it. Im a little nervous about her staining and stuff, good notice is I got you guys and my dads got a big SLR camera which I will be using a lot, and he will be happy to see me getting into it

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

puxlavoix
Welcome to the fourm. Feel free to ask anything you want.

HI! thank you fenrir z78, I already have a question to every single DD owner on the planet: The staining problem: Is it really THAT bad?

baldylox
Thanks Billy, I was hoping to meet someone from Mexico here, but I think Im the only one over here...

I really think that taking pics of our daughers is one of the many ways you can get to enjoy yourself and share with them and also an excellent subject to refine our skills.

Im sure James and many of you will be of much help when it comes to photoshoots, im looking forward to it. Im a little nervous about her staining and stuff, good notice is I got you guys and my dads got a big SLR camera which I will be using a lot, and he will be happy to see me getting into it

Yes, taking pics of your girl(s) and sharing them is a big part of the hobby. I love seeing what I can do with mine for posing and stories. I also love seeing what others do with theirs. That's cool about your dad having an SLR to use! Having him help you out will be cool as well.

As far as staining goes, it happens. No matter what you do, you'll eventually get a stain on your girl. I was super protective of mine but they still got small stains here and there. And you know what? It's fine. As long as you treat them soon after they occur, they'll go away. Make sure to have some Oxy10 or similar acne creme available that has 10% benzoyle peroxide in it. That takes most stains right out . Also get a Mr Clean Eraser or similar product for surface cleaning.

You can help prevent stains by using wig caps and body stockings. But as long as you aren't having your girl wear all black all the time, don't worry about stains so much. As long as you're aware of things, it's not a big deal. Just pay attention to what your girl is wearing and what she's touching and you'll be fine.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

fenrir z78
HI! thank you fenrir z78, I already have a question to every single DD owner on the planet: The staining problem: Is it really THAT bad?

From what I have seen stianing can be a big problem. Try not leaving your girl in dark colors for a long time. It helps to have a body stocking and the cloths lined in white if you make your own. But staining is part of this hobby. Your fist stain will be your hardest to get throw. After that it is all down hill. Just do your best to not get a stain but if you do it will not be the end of the world.

Poofiemus

Welcome! While I don't know if there are many of us in Mexico proper there are at least a few of us in the Southwestern US, so there's at least *some* geographical proximity!

I totally hear you there! In fact, the photography aspect was a big part of what got me into this hobby. I'd long wanted to get into photography but never had a subject that really inspired me until I got my first girl home. I'll also say that other people's photographs were a huge help in narrowing my wishlist down from "every DD evar" to a few that I knew that I'd still adore years from now. So, now I do photostories, not only to scratch my own storytelling itch, but so that way there are more photos out there to help people the way other photos helped me. And if I can find a way to entertain everyone else on the way, so much the better!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

JoltFiend

Hello and welcome!

Congrats on getting your first one! You'll definitely have to share pictures when she arrives

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

mitsuki

Welcome, puxlavoix! I hope you like it here with us. My family is from Texas and we are of Mexican decent. That is close, right? hehe

I think Volks' own black or dark clothing is the worst for staining so be careful with those. I have had black clothing from other places not stain at all. The safest is to have a white layer under the clothes.

Innocentsake

Puxlavoix glad to have you here! And just because you are the first DD owner from Mexico here doesn't mean you'll be the last so just keep your eyes peeled Can't wait to see pictures of your Yukino when she arrives to you! You'll have lots of fun here promise Also I love your avatar!

LoveAngel

Bienvenido!!!

So you got a Yukino too. She is really beautiful. Her second version is my very first DD and I am totally in love with her.

You will surely like it here.

Have a great time aboard!

Wordpress - Twitter - Facebook

Proud mother of Yukino-chan, Aoi-chan, Ms. Mariko and Millhiore F. Biscotti.

Waiting for : $$$

Wishlist : Miku Hatsune costume

puxlavoix
Hello and welcome!

Congrats on getting your first one! You'll definitely have to share pictures when she arrives

Definitely, Im looking forward to those looong photoshoots with her, once I got some good ones ill be sharing with all of you

Welcome, puxlavoix! I hope you like it here with us. My family is from Texas and we are of Mexican decent. That is close, right? hehe

I think Volks' own black or dark clothing is the worst for staining so be careful with those. I have had black clothing from other places not stain at all. The safest is to have a white layer under the clothes.

Thanks Mitsuki, Volks USA says they have sent DDs to Mexico in the past, maybe that we´re all too scattered around, there arent even groups here that I know of... I look up to you, IMHO I see you as one of the many gurus around here!

About volks, they got some really beautiful outfits, but at those prices one would expect they had taken care of that right?, but as someone mentioned here maybe thats part of the bussines to keep us buying replacement parts

Puxlavoix glad to have you here! And just because you are the first DD owner from Mexico here doesn't mean you'll be the last so just keep your eyes peeled Can't wait to see pictures of your Yukino when she arrives to you! You'll have lots of fun here promise Also I love your avatar!

Glad to be here

Thank you I really like those south park kids ... I been lurking some forums but this one I really like thats why I registered also I hope I can find someone near my area (country) LOL!!

Bienvenido!!!

So you got a Yukino too. She is really beautiful. Her second version is my very first DD and I am totally in love with her.

You will surely like it here.

Have a great time aboard!

Oh yeah, she´s a real cutie, I already feel a bond with here and she´s not here yet hehehe!!! in fact hasnt it been for her I think i would never had gotten into this awesome hobbie cause at first I thought It was too much for me, but I was defenseless the first glance i took at her, it was love at first sight

LoveAngel
Oh yeah, she´s a real cutie, I already feel a bond with here and she´s not here yet hehehe!!! in fact hasnt it been for her I think i would never had gotten into this awesome hobbie cause at first I thought It was too much for me, but I was defenseless the first glance i took at her, it was love at first sight

I totally understand you. I flirted with Yukino for more a year wondering whether I would have time, money etc for her. I am glad I have made up my mind though.

PrettyCranium

Welcome aboard! Have you started thinking about your second yet? You'll find that DDs are very addicting . . .

I can't wait to see your Yukino. I guess you'll have to start the Mexican DD movement!

puxlavoix
Welcome aboard! Have you started thinking about your second yet? You'll find that DDs are very addicting . . .

I can't wait to see your Yukino. I guess you'll have to start the Mexican DD movement!

Well, being as costly as they are and the fact that theyre dolls it took me a while (well not THAT much hehe) to make up my mind about getting into it, even felt like a weird perv at first and found it hard to justify even buying one until I started searching online and meeting people I realized this is ABSOLUTELY normal.

Right now Im trying to be very rational about it like: "why in the world would I need another one?", "If I dont hold myself back, things could get out of control", "what will your family and friends think and say?" ...

On the other hand, I honestly never thought about more than one really... but its a real posibility: I mean Im moving to a larger room here at my parents house and deep down inside I know its because I want more room for at least 2 DDs... max 3!! (down here its completely normal and well thought of to live at your parents´till you get married )

So... im gonna stick with just Yukino for a while to enjoy myself and take good care of her, maybe down the road she will need AT LEAST one sister!

As for starting the mexican DD movement it would be great!!!, but people here tend to be very judgemental, I guess its the downside of being so traditionalist, so close and open to each other that makes people forget about personal boundaries and differences .

Halcyon

Hi, puxlavoix! Welcome!

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

puxlavoix

Thanks everybody for such a warm welcome

Yukino already arrived and I have LOTS of questions, I cant wait to start the learning process!!

LoveAngel

Awesome!!! We want pictures.

Halcyon
Thanks everybody for such a warm welcome

Yukino already arrived and I have LOTS of questions, I cant wait to start the learning process!!

Hehe, I was once in the same boat too~ Don't worry; if you have a question we would try our best to answer 'em.

Congrats on receiving your musume. Please post pictures soon~

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

carmen171

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first arrival!!!! It's an exciting time when you receive your first, and I know she ownt be your last!!! Looking forward to seeing pictures!!!!

Daughters~Mai,Ryomou,Kanu,Moe2,Yukino,HH02,Yoko,Marisa,Escalayer,Ms. Mariko,Lucy,Saber Xtra,Saber Alter,Rise,Sasara,Alna,Akira,H05,Mayu

animal.jpg

Waiting~Natsuki2,Melty,Aoko

OtakuDepot

Hi Puxlavoix, welcome to the forum!!! I'm so sorry I'm this late posting a reply to your intro post. I've been having some personal issues that are finally clearing up now and I'm finally getting back to spending more time with my DDs and the forum.

As for the staining, I wouldn't worry too much about it really. As Billy said, it will happen. Unless you are just so protective of your girls you almost don't enjoy them.

I plan on doing a post about the stain treatment I did for my Yoko and how well I think she turned out. As an example, here is a before shot of my poor Yoko when she was all stained up:

6449662847_123277d6f6.jpg

6449662399_f74c38b7da.jpg

I used a product called Remove-Zit over a 10 day period. It's really easy to use, just takes some patience. Now that she's done I think she's almost like new:

6449664495_6683eb3007.jpg

6449663793_8546558965.jpg

While it's not fun to do the stain treatment, it is nice to realize it's not something that means you have to replace a body part.

The main thing is, keep their head (especially the face) safe. If they somehow got a stain on their face there isn't much you could do that would safe it and not require the face to be repainted I think.

I am careful about what I put them in but I don't worry about it too much. I don't let it keep me from having fun with them.

**James.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

LoveAngel

^^ You people are amazing!

I am a stain freak.

I wouldn't know what to do if it happened to me. I admire you guys hard work.

puxlavoix
Hi Puxlavoix, welcome to the forum!!! I'm so sorry I'm this late posting a reply to your intro post. I've been having some personal issues that are finally clearing up now and I'm finally getting back to spending more time with my DDs and the forum.

As for the staining, I wouldn't worry too much about it really. As Billy said, it will happen. Unless you are just so protective of your girls you almost don't enjoy them.

I plan on doing a post about the stain treatment I did for my Yoko and how well I think she turned out. As an example, here is a before shot of my poor Yoko when she was all stained up:

James, so glad you got everything sorted out and that youll be able to hang around more

I guess the staining problem is one of those things you naively think " that not gonna happen to me"... til it happens Yesterday I received some clothes and rushed to try them on her to find out the socks i made for her using the puppy52 tutorial had stained her ankles and feet It really freaked me out specially since the fabric and stitches are COMPLETELY white... I was like cmonnn! its white!! I have never read about stains from white but I guess i got "lucky" with those... Really dont know what might caused them, the only thing that comes to mind is that they got a LITTLE wet the other day, maybe thats what caused it (in some VERY strange cirbleepstances).

The good news is that your timing is perrrrfect!! So valuable information... Im way more relaxed right now after seeing the EXCELLENT job you did on your Yoko with those pretty bad stains, so im gonna try it later and maybe even try the rubber thing on some extra legs like you did from now on

Thanks!!