Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Ie-Aster

USPS package from Volks USA going to wrong address, help...

Ie-Aster

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this but I didn't know where else it could go...

I placed a big order from Volks USA during the free shipping promotion. I moved recently, and I had changed my shipping address in their database to the new address, but today I was looking at the order and saw that the shipping address had reverted to the old address. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, whether it was my error or theirs or Paypal's. I thought the package hadn't been shipped yet so I wrote to them asking to reroute it, but it seems like it has been shipped and is currently in a package facility in California.

If the parcel goes to the old address there will be nobody to pick it up and it will probably be thrown in the dumpster by the landlords. I doubt very much that they would be willing to forward it to me. So, I was wondering, is there any way to request USPS to reroute it? To call them with proof of identity or anything? It wouldn't ruin me to lose it, but it's just...depressing to think of both the money and the items inside going utterly to waste.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

Gunter

Have you gone to USPS to have your mail redirected? Whenever I move I make a point to fill out one of their forward mail forms.

https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm

I would get in contact with USPS right now. I believe if you did it with UPS they also have this service.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/delivery_change.html

I would also get in contact with Volks right now. Call them if you must, explain to them the error and that you need help. I know that sometimes a company can call their mailing provider and ask the item to be redirected so I would take that step for sure. If it is UPS I actually think the sender has to confirm/initiate the change of address. When I wanted a delay on a shipment for a doll, I couldn't do it, but the sender had to (That was via UPS).

I'm really sorry to hear this happened! I got lucky that when this happened to me with another company they actually hadn't passed on the package yet and know the fear and depression that comes with thinking you may just lose a bunch of money (and really nice items) cause of a technical/mailing error.

But seriously, call Volks. That's gonna be the fastest, most direct way to solve the issue.

Ie-Aster

Gunter, thank you so much.

I called them as soon as I read your post. I realized later that he must have just gotten in to the office as it was barely 9 am CA time, but the guy I spoke to was very nice about it and said he wasn't sure what could be done but that the customer service representative was coming in soon and he would give the information to her and they'd call me back.

About a half hour later I got a call from the customer service representative, and she said she would be able to call USPS and reroute it! I did have to cover the rerouting fee, which was $20, but that was really very reasonable especially considering what I would have lost if the parcel had gone to the old address.

This is just a massive relief. Thank you so much for advising me to call and also about the change of address forms. You really saved the day for me.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

Gunter

No problem! I know how it feels to suddenly realize you made a HUGE mistake and the panic that comes with it.

I'm happy they could solve it! I have yet to meet a company that couldn't have a package rerouted as long as you catch it before they actually deliver it. The fee seems very reasonable to me too.

I hope you get your goodies soon! And always happy to help~

K-2

It wouldn't hurt to alert the old landlord of the parcel's possible arrival so they can hold it or forward it, that is if you can't get it rerouted through the USPS.

MVSig.jpg