Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Noxxbunny

Angry DDH-01 Boy

Noxxbunny

So I ended up taking in a DDH-01 that was in rough shape from the marketplace...It was a shame to wipe the faceup it had, because I did like it. But the sealant had gone extremely sticky, and it was chipped in a few places. There wasn't anything I could do for it. I really wanted to work with a DDH-01 though, and it saved me the trouble of sanding myself.

After much brainstorming, this angry guy popped out.

noxx13_zpsqdtjvsl5.jpg

(Apologies for the bad photo at the moment...it's been dark and dreary out here.)

He actually does have a character. So he's not all frown for no reason! That reason is actually closely linked to my username.

So this, for now, is Noxx Hallow. Noxx is a pet character from Trickster Online, an MMO I've been playing for 10 freaking years now lol. I always wanted to do something Trickster related in doll form, and it just sorta happened now. (The second part of my username is the character type I play as.)

Design wise, I'm sort of doing a half and half thing here. I'm taking elements from both his in-game sprite and his official artwork.

noxx432_zpsybddcbmz.jpg

noxx231_zpsct1rzk92.png

So I'm rolling with the in-game sprite's skin tone because this head is NS. As well as the hairstyle of the sprite because I like it going that direction better lol. From his official artwork, I took that scowling face and I'll be using the hair colors there since I like that darker yellow-orange. So I guess I'll weirdly be considering him a "chibi" sort of form. Trickster was always a bit weird with humans/humanoids being pets, but them being considerably smaller than the player characters.

...I did take some artistic liberty in a lot of places though in order to make it work in 3D doll form. I got a bit sidetracked. Especially in the cheeks. I just really wanted to try doing that cute dot blush thing! It was stained from the old blush in that area anyway, so I worked with it rather than against it. I always pictured Noxx as being a bit of a tsundere type anyway(he will occasionally say something nice to the player every here and there), so I think it still works.

He was really fun to work on, and I hope to work on more DDH-01s in the future. I took a break from a smiley look here, but my next one will likely be one that smiles again.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

galatia9

The 01 looks like the perfect sculpt for him! Can't wait to see him with eyes and hair.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Noxxbunny
The 01 looks like the perfect sculpt for him! Can't wait to see him with eyes and hair.

Linda S.

galatia9

I'm glad you think so! I can't wait either. It's been a while since I got new eyes in. And the hair should be fun in a challenging way lol.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

galatia9

The hair is unusual, but I really like it! It will be fun to do. Are his eyes yellow or green?

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Noxxbunny
The hair is unusual, but I really like it! It will be fun to do. Are his eyes yellow or green?

Linda S.

galatia9

His eyes are a bit yellow-green, so I went with an "olive" color for the ones I'm waiting on. The style is off from what he actually has...but I wanted to try my hand at custom eyes sometime this year but I didn't want him to stay eye-less.

elianti

Wow. I actually liked the faceup this head originally had too, but his new faceup you've done just has so much character! Trickster Online sounds a little familiar, though to be honest I wasn't able to get into MMOs(I might've played Ragnarok Online for a little while?) It's nice to know where he comes from though! I think you captured the tsun face in his official artwork really well. ^^ Good luck with making his eyes! I think it's kinda difficult to make them perfectly with no air bubbles but having a design that's perfectly accurate to what you wanted makes up for it imo. xD Will you be making his wig as well? I'd really like to see your take on that, especially since I don't really see 2-tone wigs with the colors split like that.

(If you don't mind me asking, approximately how many skeins of yarn does it take to make a wig anyway?)

Noxxbunny

elianti: Thanks! I'm glad his character shines through! I figured he would need introducing. I don't think Trickster was ever really well-known even at its peak? I'm not sure lol. And yeah, I know what you mean about the eyes! I know it'll probably take me a while to get the hang of it, but I'm always up for a project.

When it comes to the wig, I'm excited to work on it. I'm going to be trying a different method this time with it by following someone else's tutorial. I normally do sewn yarn wigs, but I'll be doing glued wefts for Noxx's! I think it'll be easier on me to do the two-tone that way.

As for the wig question, believe it or not, less than one skein of yarn! For example, this is the yarn Kaito's wig is made of;

IMG_3225_medium2.jpg

And I maybe only used 1/3 of it. And it's already small. The only way I can think that one could use up the whole bundle is if they wanted a very fluffy AND long length wig. So not a lot of yarn at all.