Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Welcome, Miku!

Monty

31437889343_19dd3b6099_z.jpgIMG_2892 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: um, I've put on the clothes you lent me, Rin...

31437472183_964b65c311_z.jpgIMG_2890 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: Yay! I told you they'd fit perfecty! Now come sit down with us!

Miku: Are...you sure this is ok?

31437470743_37a866bdee_z.jpgIMG_2893 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: Of course it's okay?! My clothes are adorable, and so are you!

Miku: But...

Rin: Don't worry about it. Your own clothes will come in the mail soon! Now sit down.

32098671392_62eb855a65_z.jpgIMG_2896 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: I'm sorry to intrude on your gathering like this.

Rin: This gathering is for you, ya big silly!

32098669772_fa54e5f19f_z.jpgIMG_2898 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: Hey, waiter! Go get the cake.

Kaito: I keep telling you, I'm not a waiter.

Rin: Well you were dressed like one before.

Kaito: I'd appreciate it if you didn't order me around like one.

Rin: The cake! Chop chop!

Kaito: -sighs and gets up-

31406459194_99a4aa17bc_z.jpgIMG_2902 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: Oh! I'm just soooo happy Miku-nee is here!

Miku: Wah!

Rin: It's really, actually you! Getting my very own big sis is the best late christmas present ever!

31437467443_2f9dff7db0_z.jpgIMG_2904 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: Oh, cake's here!

Miku: It...it's huge?!

31437466223_34aa7aa4cc_z.jpgIMG_2905 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: Wow, butler! You really outdid yourself this time!

Kaito: I told you, I'm not a butler either!

Mel: ...actually, I was the one that made it, but...

31437464323_0a2cc7dcd6_z.jpgIMG_2907 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: ...this is for me...?

Rin: Of course! Now let's celebrate!

31437462193_56601fe272_z.jpgIMG_2911 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: WELCOME, MIKU-NEE! WOOO WOOO!

Kaito: Yaaaay!

Mel: Good to have you.

31871684350_260db007d4_z.jpgIMG_2913 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: ...

Rin: WOOoohuh? Is something wrong?

Kaito: Miku?

31871682670_0c9b51e544_z.jpgIMG_2915 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: Do you not like cake? Should we get something else? Butler!

Miku: I-it's fine, it's just...

31871680950_55d444e9b3_z.jpgIMG_2917 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: Waaaa! Miku-nee, are you crying?! What's wrong!

Mel/Kaito: !

Rin: N-nothing's wrong...

31871679110_075c70efc9_z.jpgIMG_2919 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: It's just...I was alone in that box for so long, taken apart...

Rin: Miku...

Miku: I was really scared.

31871677200_a450c7a399_z.jpgIMG_2920 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: I've...never actually felt wanted before.

Rin: You're definitely wanted here, Miku.

31871675390_e0605d5d2f_z.jpgIMG_2921 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: And you're here to stay, right here with me.

Miku: But if one day Torino doesn't want me anymore...

31437444603_d65a9a59ef_z.jpgIMG_2922 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Rin: If anyone wanted to get rid of you they'd have to get through me. You're staying with us and that's a fact!

31406463004_c3a05b4850_z.jpgIMG_2923 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Rin...!

Rin: Oop?

~~~

31406460534_28cbca49b4_z.jpgIMG_2924 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Kaito: It's a pleasure to have you here, Miku.

Mel: We're both really happy about it too. But...

Kaito: You two have been hugging for over five minutes now...

Mel: Are we going to eat this or not?

31437437053_0c6abd7de4_z.jpgIMG_2926 by torinomh mh, on Flickr

Miku: Thank you! Everyone!

As some of you know I acquired a Miku head and hands few months back but I didn't really talk a lot about it as I wasn't sure what to do with it yet (the head spent a short while as a young Kaito, actually, although he was only able to use the normal-skinned DDS bodies and I had to hide the skintone difference with camera trickery). The truth is, the head/hands were given to me as a gift from a friend. I'm still really surprised about this, especially because she wouldn't accept any money for the head and said that she simply didn't want Miku anymore and had truthfully been considering throwing her away if no one wanted her.

I honestly don't understand this...she had apparently already thrown her body out because it was stained (that can be fixed!! argh) and when I asked why she didnt sell the head on yahoo auctions she said it was too much hassle and also didn't think anyone would buy it as the head is also stained (but only under the wig so who cares!). I'm not about to complain about getting free DD heads but it just seemed really sad to me that anyone would want to throw out a DD - or at the very least leave them unwanted in a box for years. (Apparently this Miku was from the original first preorder batch and my friend had buyer's regret. She's primarily a resin owner - I think Miku was her first DD and she lost patience with the staining.)

Anyway, a bunch of coincidences lined up - at Dolpa I won 'Miku panties'(ie shimapan) from the charity gacha, and then found a new Miku body on yahoo auctions for nearly 10k yen off due to it not having hands. (Since I already had hands, that was perfect). At the same time there was a listing for the Mikuzukin wig on its own, and I love how short-haired Miku looks, so I felt this was the universe's way of telling me to turn that poor floating head into a proper Miku already. I'm really happy with her - maybe its the wig giving her a mature look but the more demure personality she seems to have surprised me after all the bratty Mikus on this forum - and I'm just really glad she's here after all this time - even though its not in the way I expected. Four years ago I never thought I'd be able to afford a Miku DD, and yet she ends up being my cheapest one.

Misha-san

Wow, you are right, the universe definitely wanted you to have her. It is pretty impressive story. And very nice photo story as well

Gabriel

I love the story.

I also enjoyed the story behind the story. It sounds like this Miku has been on a long journey. As someone who anthropomorphizes things it strikes a chord with me when things just seem to find their way to where they're wanted.

But, there's one bad thing. I think your pictorial has cinched it. I MUST get a Rin Kagamine. Where'd you get her pearl and bow hair decoration?

Mario

Your group of dolls are just so precious!

Thankfully you rescued this poor Miku! ;-; I would have never consider throwing out DDs, I'd even give them away for free if they are badly damaged.

Oh yeah, my Miku is very bratty, since she was my first DD and she was spoiled too much. She doesn't really appreciate the new company she has(Mariko and Naomi) because she has to now share her clothes with them. And now she's going to have to deal with Maria AND Kagamine Rin! She doesn't know about them yet since I'm still on vacation.

Monty

But, there's one bad thing. I think your pictorial has cinched it. I MUST get a Rin Kagamine. Where'd you get her pearl and bow hair decoration?

I heartily recommend a Rin, her only con is that she's so cute you wont stop buying her stuff.

The headband is actually from the Candy Pop dress set. She's wearing it in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15254

sinclair

I'm so glad you were able to save Miku's head (Pity on her body.). She is so adorable, I love mine to death. I do hate how easy they stain (She's got purple on the bottom of her feet from white socks thru a bodysuit!??!), but like you said they can be cleaned, or replaced. Mine was also from the 1st release, and had been int he box the whole time, so she also was so happy to be out and loved. It'll be fun to see how she develops as she comes to recognize your love for her.

Mimiyo3

Awww! It's so great to see you have a Miku now! It's also very interesting that yours is such a sweetie. Mine is the resident lord of chaos. I got her from volks at AX over a year ago so she spent a long time in her box too. If anything being cooped up like that probably made her even more ridiculous since now that she can she's going wild.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

CeliathePikachu

This is a really, really sweet story. I'm glad you rescued her. The very thought that someone would throw her away is very painful, but its nice that she has a home now 'u'

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

FullyCustom

A very lovely photostory, heartwarming to see dolls getting along together

Miku is a lovely sculpt and doll, I cant wait to see more of her!

Well done

hikikohooni

EEEEEEEEE!!!!! This was the most adorable photostory!

And as for bratty Mikus, I WILL NOT stand for that in my house of one Obitsu and a weirdo human that totally is not me! I always imagined Miku as a sweet shy girl, but is also very mature, even more so than me with my toilet humor and acting like I'm 3. Welp, now I'm stalking Mandarake and Y!JA. Curse me and my bottle of pennies and 5 dollar bills. I'm getting Miku, and there's no stopping me.

Okay, end to the ridiculous soliloquy, I really, really am happy for you that you got a sweet little girl. Peace to you.

K-2

Great story Torino, both photostory and real story! Very heart warming.

Now eat that cake!

MVSig.jpg

Monty
EEEEEEEEE!!!!! This was the most adorable photostory!

And as for bratty Mikus, I WILL NOT stand for that in my house of one Obitsu and a weirdo human that totally is not me! I always imagined Miku as a sweet shy girl, but is also very mature, even more so than me with my toilet humor and acting like I'm 3. Welp, now I'm stalking Mandarake and Y!JA. Curse me and my bottle of pennies and 5 dollar bills. I'm getting Miku, and there's no stopping me.

Okay, end to the ridiculous soliloquy, I really, really am happy for you that you got a sweet little girl. Peace to you.

There's also some Miku's on Jungle if you want more places to look, thats the cheapest I've ever seen her online (for her fullset, anyway). In fact I was considering getting one here eventually before the head was given to me.

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=116&do=detail&id=106000002468

Only problem is the cheapest ones are 'B' condition and they dont really say what that means. Could be anything from 'barely noticeable fault thats indistinguishable from a brand new one in perfect condition' (ie a faint stain on the bottom of her foot or a lose thread somewhere on her outfit) to 'noticeably second hand'. I guess you could ask? The 'A' ones are pretty decently priced though and still less than 600 USD, and I think you said that was your price range.

(the problem with yahoo auctions, along with needing a proxy if you're outside Japan and needing to pay those proxy fees plus both domestic and international shipping, is that what looks like a great price on an auction with no other bidders will suddenly become a bloodbath in the last 5 minutes of the auction 8') i find it very stressful, but unfortunately because I live here and dont need proxies I ended up addicted to it.)

hikikohooni

Ah, I see Torino, thanks! I WILL get myself a Miku, someday....

You lucky person, living in Japan. You don't need to pay the $87327349592349754 dollars involved with shipping! Plus, you're a lot closer (But not too close, anyway.) to a lot of VOLKS Co. stores, and a Mandarake in Fu kuoka, which is nice. (Just don't buy random Dollie stuff, but it's tempting stuff )

EDIT: Forgot this forum's censoring thing is hilarious.

Monty

The forum censor is the bane of my existence sometimes. It's funny seeing what sets it off.

There's a decent amount of things in Fu kuoka, and it has a nice Volks store too. You somehow reminded me that some time I'd like to make some kind of stickied thread everyone can post in to rec places in different parts of Japan. It's not hard to find recs of where to go in Tokyo after all, cos just about everyone visiting Japan as a tourist, especially if they're a DD fan, goes there. But not everyone goes to Japan as a tourist - some people end up in various places due to being assigned work placements or student exchange placements randomly, or just cos they wanted to travel somewhere different.

I've seen a few 'otaku's guide to fu kuoka' things floating around but they haven't been updated in a few years and are pretty outdated. (several of the stores have moved location or just no longer exist and newer ones have sprung up elsewhere) I know this place decently well (i've now lived here three times since 2009) so I'd be able to do the Fu kuoka part no problem, and hopefully the thread would eventually get contributions from other parts of Japan. I just think it would be neat and handy to have that info available, especially with all the tiny little stores not many people even know about. (Fu kuoka's got a nifty little doll shop that's literally the front room of someone's house and only open certain days, for example, and I never would have known it existed if the doll community here didn't show it to me) I'm sure plenty of other parts of Japan have similar 'hidden treasures'.

I'm just weirdly nervous about starting the thread is all.

hikikohooni

Torino, that's awesome!

You never know what cute dolly stores you'll find.

Mario

We will actually be going to Fu kuoka Japan as our next vacation.

It would be nice to have a detailed guide of Fu kuoka. Not just DD stores but just anything amazing to look at in general. We will end up taking the bullet train around Japan. But Fu kuoka will be our stationed place.

Ie-Aster

This is a lovely photo story. Rin and Miku are so sweet, and it's wonderful to see Miku finally find a place where she is safe and at home.

I love the posing, especially the last photo because of how well it conveys Miku's emotion. And the pastel color scheme is beautiful. (Also, it makes me immensely happy for some reason that everybody's hair is arranged in rainbow order x__x)

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

Ravendruid

The idea of ANYONE throwing away a DD, especially a limited, MOST especially Miku, absolutely sickens me. How is that even possible? There is always somebody willing to adopt, no matter how bad the staining. Still at least it worked out well for you.

Anyways, congrats! She is adorable. I love the interactions of this group! Rin is fantastic.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Yuna

How precious! I'm so happy to hear that all worked out for you. Your dolls are adorable, as is the story!

"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

xaviervui

lovely story, i think i have 1 almost the same color of pink whether

geeonek

aww so sweet how miku is comforted.

Happy Birthday

Sniiksnak

Aww, poor Miku. ;-; I saw a Miku head for sale on Yahoo Auctions and all I could think of was this story.

The poses are amazing and really get emotions churning. I love this.

I'm so glad you saved Miku!

Danielle Silver

What a sad story. . Be happy, Miku!

BeyondTime

That was cute, and sad. I can’t beleive anyone would throw out a Miku head. Cleaning stains is a pain, but it’s pretty easy too.

Always good to see dolls fixed up and given homes.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction