Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

LoveAngel

Where do you place your DDs?

LoveAngel

Today, I received my Dollfie World stand. I put it together right away and placed it close to my bed. Yukino is on it right now, but I am a little concerned about leaving her there. Dust, sunlight etc... I have no idea how much such things can harm her.

Where do you place your DDs? Do you leave them on a stand, box...?

Until today, Yukino was always in her carriage bag, but it hurts me to leave her in the dark for so long.

Wordpress - Twitter - Facebook

Proud mother of Yukino-chan, Aoi-chan, Ms. Mariko and Millhiore F. Biscotti.

Waiting for : $$$

Wishlist : Miku Hatsune costume

Till Troll

Meade and Chandra live were there is space for them: usually sat together on a white cloth on a book shelf, high up from my cats! I am currently tidying/rearranging my thesis room into my craft room, so their home changes every other day. At the moment, both are sat on top of my sewing machine case on my sewing desk. When the dust has settled and everything is sorted, I plan to make a more permanent home for them next to that desk. But I don't want to keep them behind glass, otherwise I might grow too scared of enjoying them! I keep them out of the sun tho.

archangeli

I keep my girls on a dedicated corner of my desk area. Some are standing, some are sitting on a couch but there's a lot of space for them and I get to glance over at them every now and then.

Yuki (my resin MSD) is the only one that gets "special" treatment - I have a special doll case specifically for her. My cats really liked to try to attack the dress she was wearing, so I put her in the case to protect her.

Right now, all 8 of my girls are standing in on my desk because I plan on doing a photoshoot later this week. It's pretty spectacular to see them all gathered together - it's the first time ever that this has happened since I usually have one of my dolls visiting my sister or something

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

fenrir z78

This sound like a good topic I think Ill join in too. Most of the time my girls are in there house that I made for them. Karinka and Beth set on the bunkbed playing on Beth's laptop. Lucy is that her desk working on something. And May and Emily are down stairs looking at TV. Now that I got Jenny I have to find her a place. I am thinking of makeing the house bigger by adding two more rooms. But for now Jenny sets on my sewing table. As for dust I am not that worryed becouse I move my girls around alot for when I am sewing or making something for them. And as for sunlight when I made my room I took sprayfoam and silded all the holes that I could see.( it got very dark) I did not cut in any windows to let light in. It helps with the cooling and heating of the room and the light is alway the same. Unless I turn the lights out. ( It gets very dark ) I have to keep a nightlight on so Beth and Karinka dont get scared.

baldylox

I keep all my girls in my bedroom on top of 2 dressers and a small entertainment center. Here is part of where they hang out:

6060513774_5624530eb6_z.jpg

That spot on the far left used to have a TV on it but I never watched it in the bedroom so I took it out of there to make room for the girls. And off to the right, just out of frame, is another taller dresser with a DD sized bed on top of it.

The girls like it in here because they're close to me and it's up and away from the cats trying to bother them while I'm at work. I also have shades and curtains in the room so they don't get any direct sunlight on them at all. I always leave those 2 desk lamps on during the day so it isn't all dark in there for them.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DefectiveAngel

The place where I keep my DD girls is probably the most unprofessional and non-recommended way to display them. But since my room is so small, I just have no other place to display them. So my girls have to stay on the part of my bed I don't use. I have a full size bed and I only sleep and need one side, so the girls take the other side. I have 3 sit up against a pillow and the other 2 sit on two folded blankets facing the 3 against the pillow. But don't worry the 2 on the blankets have some of my extra clothes to help support them. XD

I guess this way of displaying them does have it's positives and negatives. On the plus side every morning when I wake up I get to see their smiling faces first thing. They get attention from me everyday when I make my bed. Since they are facing each other I know they will keep each other company. I don't have to worry about sun harming them since I keep my bedroom blinds drawn all the time. Also it's really nice just knowing they are so close by and they have to be really comfy getting to lounge in a bed all day. The negatives would be my cat, she always wants to lay where the girls are or I've caught her trying to climb over them. x.X Also this way of keeping them I can't display them to their full potential, like showing them off in cool poses and so on. But I really wouldn't have it any other way. I've gotten so use to them being there beside me I wouldn't know what to do if they weren't there anymore.

PrettyCranium

I'm probably the exception, but I have my girls in a custom-made acrylic display case. This is for two reasons: I'm neurotic about dust and damage, and I have a cleaning service every other week and do not want anyone but me to touch the dolls. This is my current setup:

6155363411_020f090c04_z.jpg

P1030414 by PrettyCranium, on Flickr

Kanu is not in the picture, and this is where I'm stuck -- I likely will need a second display area.

The custom case was made by contacting a local company, found through Google. It cost about $300.

Usaii

Ahh Dx I was wondering about this too. I actually haven't decided on where to put my girls either.

For now they are sadly still in their boxes. ;__; (And for other reasons too. /sigh Sort of complicated)

I also have a small room and small desk as well so there is no space for me to even put the girls on a stand.

All my shelves are booked with other stuff and it is too much of a hassle for me to rearrange them.

I might probably just put them somewhere on my bed like DefectiveAngel, but my concern is that I like to toss and turn in my sleep and I'm afraid I'd knock them over and damage them somehow. I might need to get rid of my plushies to make space for my girl to sit on. =w=;;

But yeah, I have concerns about dust collecting as well. It's one of the reasons why I didn't take out even my figurines out of their boxes, but one day I decided to let them out. They've been collecting dust but at the very least they're not expensive so it won't matter. I can always clean them later or something.

If I were to display my girls out of their boxes, I'd prolly try and play with them or move them around more so they don't collect dust like my figures.

Tensei

Eia is usually sitting on my desk, and very rarely do I leave her standing, since we do get a few quakes here and then.

Tomomi usually floats around, but most often, she is on my bed- Even when I'm sleeping. :3

Waynio

Well, since I'm always away from home, Aoi travels with me all the time. She is either tucked away in her carrying bag, up in the passenger seat with me while i drive, or back in the bunk with me when I'm done working for the day.

Wayne

LoveAngel

First of all, thank you very much for the input!

In my case, the biggest challenge is space. We live quite small and in addition to Yukino-chan, we have a significative collection of figures, games, consoles and plants.

Soubi has been showing quite curious about Yukino which also concerns me.

Dust is something that always annoys me a lot. I cannot imagine Yukino dirty. She is even wig less now because I don't have the right products to clean it if they get dirty.

I was thinking about buying a couch for her in the future (far future, unfortunately), but I also have a newbie question about it (and maybe a very stupid one - if so, forgive my ignorance, please): is there a possibility of having the DD stained by leaving her on a couch for too long? Does it happen only with clothing?

Talolili

I usually just keep my doll on my bed, but I want to buy a stand. I just need somewhere to put it!

aeris
I was thinking about buying a couch for her in the future (far future, unfortunately), but I also have a newbie question about it (and maybe a very stupid one - if so, forgive my ignorance, please): is there a possibility of having the DD stained by leaving her on a couch for too long? Does it happen only with clothing?

Not stupid question. I don't know about Volks couch or chair, but my sofa definitively stains! I have had this bad experience.

So I think it is better to put them on a white clothes anyway.

For now, my DD are on the fireplace, on white papers/clothes. They don't have too much sun.

It is bad, but it is the only place I have for now whereI can see them and my cats don't go.

I will move in the near future and I hope to be able to display them in a more adapted place.

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

MaxArcher

Maridah and I had been keeping all of our dolls in a tall Ikea Besta case with glass doors, but with seven dolls currently and four more on the way, plus plans for more in the future, we were out of space.

We got this new case today, Ikea calls it the Smadal. I think it fits the doll aesthetic very well, with the striped inside background and vaguely antique style. This is a great case for DDs - if you use smaller stands like the metal Volks or round Cool Cat ones, you could easily fit ten dolls inside. The only limitation is that there's not a huge amount of headroom, so if you have a very thick stand and very high heels, it could possibly be an issue, but all of ours are fine with a bit of room to spare.

You'll have to excuse Maridah's Iplehouse Arvid - his outfit hasn't arrived yet! He and E-An (my BJD girl) are in the case temporarily while we take the other case apart to adjust the shelf height. The other case is taller, so there's room for two shelves of 70cm size dolls, and therefore it's going to be the dedicated case for BJDs, while the new case will be for DDs only. (And will be basically full when the two Sabers arrive!)

Here's the cabinet closed:

6410469047_5f96a640a1_z.jpg

New Doll Cabinet (Closed) by otakushots, on Flickr

And open, so you can get an idea of what the internal space is like.

6429845743_f091f4a8ff_z.jpg

Ikea Smadal Interior by otakushots, on Flickr

Edited to replace the second picture with one where Adel (Arvid) has clothes on!

Edited by Guest

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

LoveAngel
I was thinking about buying a couch for her in the future (far future, unfortunately),

Check this out, unless you wanna go for a brand name (i.e.Volks), its worth the shot

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/29066/Alna+the+shopaholic+D+I+Y+Sofa.html

I wish I had X0 Himitsu 0X's skills, but I don't.

It looks perfect!

Maridah and I had been keeping all of our dolls in a tall Ikea Besta case with glass doors, but with seven dolls currently and four more on the way, plus plans for more in the future, we were out of space.

We got this new case today, Ikea calls it the Smadal. I think it fits the doll aesthetic very well, with the striped inside background and vaguely antique style. This is a great case for DDs - if you use smaller stands like the metal Volks or round Cool Cat ones, you could easily fit ten dolls inside. The only limitation is that there's not a huge amount of headroom, so if you have a very thick stand and very high heels, it could possibly be an issue, but all of ours are fine with a bit of room to spare.

You'll have to excuse Maridah's Iplehouse Arvid - his outfit hasn't arrived yet! He and E-An (my BJD girl) are in the case temporarily while we take the other case apart to adjust the shelf height. The other case is taller, so there's room for two shelves of 70cm size dolls, and therefore it's going to be the dedicated case for BJDs, while the new case will be for DDs only. (And will be basically full when the two Sabers arrive!)

Here's the cabinet closed:

6410469047_5f96a640a1_z.jpg

New Doll Cabinet (Closed) by otakushots, on Flickr

And open, so you can get an idea of what the internal space is like.

6410469307_b38d1d52f8_z.jpg

New Doll Cabinet (Open) by otakushots, on Flickr

It looks perfect and I checked the price in Belgium and it is quite good, but when I showed my boyfriend he told me to stop calculating.

Our problem is lack of space. It does look like an awesome solution (cheaper than the couch that I want anyway), but we wouldn't have a place to put it.

I am leaving Yukino on a small table by the bed until further notice. With all the figures we have, there is little place for her at the moment. But sincerely, the bag does not feel like the best option for me.

MaxArcher

It looks perfect and I checked the price in Belgium and it is quite good, but when I showed my boyfriend he told me to stop calculating.

Our problem is lack of space. It does look like an awesome solution (cheaper than the couch that I want anyway), but we wouldn't have a place to put it.

I am leaving Yukino on a small table by the bed until further notice. With all the figures we have, there is little place for her at the moment. But sincerely, the bag does not feel like the best option for me.

Our place is pretty small too, (about 60m^2, and with two people's work areas taking up a lot of it) so I totally understand that. We had to make a lot of changes to make room for this, but with so many dolls there wasn't much choice. I can't wait to have a bigger place with more room to do stuff.

Strife212

Mine stay in a cabinet when I'm not doing photographs and things. Don't they get dusty if you leave them out?

Here's mine:

display12.jpg

It has glass doors which are open here. What I like about it is that the doors are entirely glass so they don't block the view.

Edited by Guest

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

MaxArcher

I'm not as worried about with dust as I am with figures, since DDs don't have the tiny nooks and crannies that figures have, and their wigs can be cleaned, etc.

That said, I don't feel safe with them out. There are tons of things that could happen to them that they're protected from when behind glass, and a display case puts them in a nice location for viewing while keeping them safe. It also means having space to keep a large number of dolls. I guess you could use a normal bookshelf instead, but you might as well have glass doors if you're going to have shelves for them.

The glass also provides a little protection from UV, and the rest of the case shades them as well, so it makes me worry a little less about yellowing.

PrettyCranium

That new Ikea cabinet looks nice, and even has storage underneath! If only there was an Ikea in town . . . the shipping is so expensive.

The sofa is amazing, but I don't think I have the skills to make it.

LoveAngel

We are lucky to have an Ikea shop at about 30 minutes from us. The reason why I don't go there frequently is because I don't have time. I hate being an workaholic, but that's who I am.

I haven't given up about the cabinet, but if I really want it (or something similar), I will seriously need to make room for it first. No rush here though.

JoltFiend

I forsee a trip to IKEA in the future. I only have one DD at the moment, but Sabers will be incoming. I could probably put a few of my other figures in there was well. It won't hurt to take a look at one of those up close.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

puxlavoix
That new Ikea cabinet looks nice, and even has storage underneath! If only there was an Ikea in town . . . the shipping is so expensive.

I totally agree... If only I had those stores over here I could care less about the prices, but when you throw in shipping prices+waiting time... deal braker for me.

I dont mean to derail this thread, I just have a little question for all the experts: will sitting or standing for too long on a hard colorless surface (i.e.wood, glass, plastic) leave any marks on the vynil in contact with that surface?

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

MaxArcher

I totally agree... If only I had those stores over here I could care less about the prices, but when you throw in shipping prices+waiting time... deal braker for me.

I dont mean to derail this thread, I just have a little question for all the experts: will sitting or standing for too long on a hard colorless surface (i.e.wood, glass, plastic) leave any marks on the vynil in contact with that surface?

Glass is almost certainly fine, and plastic probably is, especially if it's white or clear, but wood could be a problem, because the stain could transfer to the doll. It's probably not that likely but it's a minor possibility. I try to avoid having their skin directly contact anything other than doll furniture, stands, or clothes.

Maridah

About the Ikea furniture Max just posted photos of- It's a pretty darn good deal for DDs if you are looking for one. $100 for the unit plus $50 for the doors if you want them. Saying I've bought a lot of ikea furniture doesn't go far enough, but of all the things I have bought from them, this is one of the nicest made pieces of furniture. It's made like a pricey cabinet. I think when we have a bigger place I'll buy another because it's nice and sturdy. I highly recommend it to anyone else looking for a solution for storing your dolls. The backboard is this cute striped pattern. It just looks appropriate for dolls LOL

http://www.BJDAtelier.com/ Clothes for DD & BJDs