Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
buncho

hakama sets

buncho

Any of you guys who own outfit sets with hakama-- e.g., Sakura Shinguji's set, the Taisho era school uniforms, shrine maiden set, etc... Are the kimono that come with that set full length? Or are they closer in length to a haori jacket (maybe mid-thigh)? Also, the onna-bakama (ladies hakama) that come with those-- are they once piece like a normal skirt that you would step into, or a wrap skirt?

I've finally settled on my girls wearing Taisho Era uniforms as their official school dress and have some patterns available that I could use to make my own; just trying to figure out if I need to modify them at all.

Anna-neko

I own Sakura's set and have seen couple other sets in person ... They are def made to put on like normal hakama! The thing with the front panel having ties to tie in the back, and the back panel having ties to tie into a neat bow in the front

The kimono top was about thigh-length (to show pretty fabric in those open 'thigh-holes' of the hakama and nothing more)

The only full-length (like past knees) ukimono I seen Volks make so far is for yukata. The actual under-kimono was full length for some reason! Even tho it won't be seen anywhere!!

bonus comment: you were in Mass, yeah? If u wanna make a lil trip into downtown Boston I can just show you all the pieces. Sometimes seeing stuff in person is helpful?

• Like 1