Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Inside the Mirai Store Tokyo!

Misuka

Thank you for the pictures and in-depth review. Really interesting.

cirquemom

Those were great pictures. Moonlight is the next doll on my list, too. Did he give you any idea when she would be released?

Also- since he gauges public interest- how do we let him know how much we love Moonlight? Sounds to me from on here and on the Smart Doll Lovers page on facebook that a lot of people want her.

baldylox
Thanks for the lovely pics! Sucks to hear Sana won't be made. V_V Her cat-like features and tan are so charming. Maybe I'll look up the post on social media and give her a like...better than nothing?

You're welcome! I know, I'm really sad about her not being made, I really like her look. You can try to do that but he sounded like his mind was made up on not producing her.

Like a lot of us on here, Moonlight's unique look has me smitten.

It certainly seems like it! I'll try and contact Danny to let him know there's a good amount of interest on her over here in the US.

Thank you for the pictures and in-depth review. Really interesting.

You're welcome!

Those were great pictures.

Thank you!

Moonlight is the next doll on my list, too. Did he give you any idea when she would be released?

Unfortunately he didn't. But from what I could gather, she seemed to have garnered some interest and I'm pretty sure she will be produced.

Also- since he gauges public interest- how do we let him know how much we love Moonlight? Sounds to me from on here and on the Smart Doll Lovers page on facebook that a lot of people want her.

I'd say hit him up on all his social media accounts as well as posting on Figurefm about her. The social media accounts would be best tho because he checks those daily.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Merlle88

In case you all miss it :

Kurenai is out on 20th April:

Starlight on May, and Moonlight on June:

Time to save some money.

Yuna

Seeing your photos has made me even more excited for my trip next year. If I wasn't sure about going to the Mirai Store before, I definitely am now! Thank you for the beautiful shots.

"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

baldylox
Seeing your photos has made me even more excited for my trip next year. If I wasn't sure about going to the Mirai Store before, I definitely am now! Thank you for the beautiful shots.

Yay! Even if you can't make it to the Mirai Store, a trip to Japan will be amazing! But Gotanda is a stop on the circle line ( or ring loop as some call it ) Yamanote so it's easy to get to by train from just about anywhere in Tokyo.

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.

Billy

samseramsamsam

How shall I save money for dolls if I want a trip to Japan - and how shall I save money for a trip, if I want dolls Thanks for the pictures, really interesting to see the store and how Ed built his doll, he looks so happy

ToriaCrux

I'm so jealous! I want all of them.

(・⊝・)

Tumblr

DOA

baldylox
How shall I save money for dolls if I want a trip to Japan - and how shall I save money for a trip, if I want dolls Thanks for the pictures, really interesting to see the store and how Ed built his doll, he looks so happy

Heh, it's a bit of a catch-22 isn't it? You just have to prioritize money spending and make sure you have enuff to pay for hotels, food, tourist stuff and then toys/figures/doll stuff. I had to work 10 hours of overtime every week from January first to the day before I left for Japan ( about 3 months total ) in order to afford the trip so there's no quick way to getting the funds together unless you have a rich family member or friend to fund it for you.

And thanks about the pics! And Ed did have a good time building his girl!

I'm so jealous! I want all of them.

You aren't the only one! There were so many pretty girls in there....

Billy

geeonek

Some of the outfits on the dolls are so cute and beautiful like the wedding dress.

I hope I get to visit Japan and Danny Choo,,^^ll

velocitycurve

Thanks a ton for the photos that show different angles of Starlight! She looks soooooo cute. Would love to see any more if you have them kicking around!

baldylox
Some of the outfits on the dolls are so cute and beautiful like the wedding dress.

I hope I get to visit Japan and Danny Choo,,^^ll

They do indeed have some truly wonderful clothing! Let's hope you do get to go!

Thanks a ton for the photos that show different angles of Starlight! She looks soooooo cute. Would love to see any more if you have them kicking around!

You're welcome, I'm glad you liked them! These are all the pics I took tho. We weren't allowed to take any upstairs so all I've got is the ones you see here of his main store area.

Billy

savahn

The Mirai store is definitely worth a trip if you're having a holiday in Tokyo. I'm not sure about going to Japan just to visit the store.

But the city is really accessible and accommodation can be cheap = capsule hotels. Food = 7-11 or Family Mart. The food in those convenience stores are great.

Being able to speak the language isn't a problem. I'm using UK standard English and the Japanese use US standard; some phrases are different. If you're American, you won't have any difficulty.

Now if you do visit the Mirai store... don't bring your credit card... ugh... or really control yourself.

I was there to pick up Twilight for my niece. Fell in love with Kurenai. Made the mistake of visiting the store just before I flew out on the 21st of April.

Danny pops in and says "Oh, did you want Kurenai?" "Uh, didn't you say she was gonna launch tomorrow?" "We just had her packed. So if you want..."

Left the country with two girls. Dammit Danny!!!

velocitycurve
Danny pops in and says "Oh, did you want Kurenai?" "Uh, didn't you say she was gonna launch tomorrow?" "We just had her packed. So if you want..." Left the country with two girls. Dammit Danny!!!

...that... is awesome... LOL

belpita

So many reasons to go to Japan and Tokyo: the food, the culture, Persona 5, Smart Doll! I need to win the lottery.

cirquemom

Danny pops in and says "Oh, did you want Kurenai?" "Uh, didn't you say she was gonna launch tomorrow?" "We just had her packed. So if you want..."

Left the country with two girls. Dammit Danny!!!

I love it. Did you post pictures of her here? *goes to look*

samseramsamsam
So many reasons to go to Japan and Tokyo: the food, the culture, Persona 5, Smart Doll! I need to win the lottery.

We should have a lottery pool with the sole purpose of going to Japan and that store XD

savahn

I love it. Did you post pictures of her here? *goes to look*

Sorry, no. I haven't got permissions to post external image links here - I think I have to get 20 posts before that opens.

But if you're on FB, you can look for the "Smart Doll 未來在台灣" (Mirai in Taiwan) group and find my pics somewhere in there.

savahn

We should have a lottery pool with the sole purpose of going to Japan and that store XD

Personally, I don't mind contributing a little to such a pool. Though I'd personally disqualify myself from it - I visit Japan once a year. Yes, be jelly

Missy_Magoo

Thanks for the photos, OP! Wow, what a dream!

I've been offered a job in Japan starting next year and I kid you not, one of the first things I did was figure out how I could use my golden week or summer holiday to get down to Tokyo for the Mirai Store

In a way I'm kind of sad Danny is releasing Lelouch right now. If he was released next year I'd just pick him up while in Japan, but I'm scared of him selling out in the meantime, so some of my moving-to-japan budget is literally going onto this doll

#noshame

baldylox
If he was released next year I'd just pick him up while in Japan, but I'm scared of him selling out in the meantime, so some of my moving-to-japan budget is literally going onto this doll

No worries. Danny has already stated that none of the Smartdolls will be limited so you should be able to buy any of them at any time.... they'll always be in stock or at least available within a very short time period. Unless he's decided to change this or the license holder for this has put a limit on things.

But anyways, you should be fine waiting til next year, I'm sure Lulu will be waiting on you.

Billy

magique

Woah, I'm super jealous! At least, this is kinda like going for a visit there, haha. Thanks for posting all these pics!

baldylox
Woah, I'm super jealous! At least, this is kinda like going for a visit there, haha. Thanks for posting all these pics!

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics!

Billy

Missy_Magoo

No worries. Danny has already stated that none of the Smartdolls will be limited so you should be able to buy any of them at any time.... they'll always be in stock or at least available within a very short time period. Unless he's decided to change this or the license holder for this has put a limit on things.

But anyways, you should be fine waiting til next year, I'm sure Lulu will be waiting on you.

Billy

Hm, I think he said at some point that the licensed releases would be more limited than the regular Smart Dolls, but that he never specified exactly how limited? That might have changed since, however. I know Danny often announces things and then changes his mind, or cirbleepstances change

I know Lulu will probably still be there next year, but my fangirl heart can't bear to risk it, haha. I feel like I've wanted a 1/3 boy for a long time but never found The One...and he's The One!

I'll still definitely go to the store at some point during my year in Japan. Your photos have convinced me. And hey there's that awesome option of making a Smart Doll yourself then getting 10% off all the merch *drools*

baldylox
Hm, I think he said at some point that the licensed releases would be more limited than the regular Smart Dolls, but that he never specified exactly how limited? That might have changed since, however. I know Danny often announces things and then changes his mind, or cirbleepstances change

I seem to remember that too but he's made no mention of it for Lulu yet so we can't really know for certain. But I'm still thinking that if he *does* have to limit LeLouche then it won't be a huge deal or a small number. Danny has stated many times that he doesn't like the limited runs on Volks stuff so he'd likely not do something like that unless the distributor or license holder wanted it done that way.

I know Lulu will probably still be there next year, but my fangirl heart can't bear to risk it, haha. I feel like I've wanted a 1/3 boy for a long time but never found The One...and he's The One!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you then! It's good that you've finally found your boy!

I'll still definitely go to the store at some point during my year in Japan. Your photos have convinced me. And hey there's that awesome option of making a Smart Doll yourself then getting 10% off all the merch *drools*

Heh, good deal. I'm glad you liked the photos. And yes, my buddy Ed did just that and made sure to pick up some cool stuff at a discount. Maybe when you're there his discount bin/outlet section will be full of cool things. When we were there it was pretty small and not much was available. I wish we could have been there when he had a large amount of stuff like bodies, body parts and shoes available...... I'd have gone broke getting goodies!

Billy