Jump to content

sunlightandtea

Politely Nefarious

AnnaNeko

Xiongmao

Mandie

BeyondTime

DesertPhantom51

F-15

ateliervanilla

The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

Recommended Posts

Saluli

this price is absurd. Buyind directly from japan to my country is not a good outcome. Maybe is better do order on japan, deliver on usa and then send it here.... I thought I would save more than buying the older version, but now maybe I try to get her used.


Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kemonomimicry
On 9/26/2026 at 7:18 AM, teensybits said:

I need to decide which way I want to order - Japan would likely be cheaper if the tariff mess doesn't get worse and if shipping doesn't climb to even more obscene rates over the next year+. That said it may not be as big of a difference as it may seem (assume doll $700 + 15% tariff + courier fee $17 + $100 shipping = $922). USA = $1000 + shipping (lets say a random $65 = $1065).

And that's assuming tariffs and shipping don't increase between now and shipping date. So is it worth the possibility of saving a bit of money, or is it safer to pay the more guaranteed amount (subject to shipping price increases of course).
 

For a reason that I don't fully understand, Volks Japan still seems to be using old DHL shipping rates to Europe (I mean, 4k yen to ship a DD? How? DHL rates at Mandarake are around 10k for the same...), so maybe the same applies to the USA.

Edited by Kemonomimicry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teensybits
12 minutes ago, Kemonomimicry said:

For a reason that I don't fully understand, Volks Japan still seems to be using old DHL shipping rates to Europe (I mean, 4k yen to ship a DD? How? DHL rates at Mandarake are around 10k for the same...), so maybe the same applies to the USA.

It might right now, but DHL is going up a significant amount soon (at least to the US), and it's hard to guess what it'll be doing in a year +, so I at least need to decide if I want to gamble and order through Japan or if I want the sure thing (with the potential markup and a longer wait) via the US site.

Edited by teensybits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lardroom

Yeah, while I would normally order from VolksUSA just to support the local branch, I think I may order from the international site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolle44ka

The pages for 2B and Kaine are up on volks jp, but both pages say "Cannot be shipped outside of Japan". The two payment option doesn't have that text though?...

Edited by Dolle44ka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin
51 minutes ago, Dolle44ka said:

The pages for 2B and Kaine are up on volks jp, but both pages say "Cannot be shipped outside of Japan". The two payment option doesn't have that text though?...

Yes, it says “cannot be shipped outside of Japan” on the one-time payment page, and for people living outside of Japan to use the deposit payment. For some reason this one line doesn’t auto translate, but you can see it here:

※本商品は日本国内のお客様のみご予約いただけます。海外在住のお客様は「内金」でのご予約をお願いいたします。

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zai

I received this message when trying to send Volks an enquiry as to why my husband nor I can sign into our accounts any more. 

—

“We sincerely apologize, but access from IP addresses outside of Japan is not permitted.

Notice to Customers Living Outside of Japan: System maintenance (September 30 - October 9)”

—

I have some huge order on the way that I placed not long ago arriving today (their new clothes collections are beautiful and I could resist… 😂). My husband has Luka 2.0 on pre-order as well. 

I can’t order from the USA store because I’m in Australia. I do not use a proxy of any kind and have always ordered both dolls and other item directly with no issue (although I will hire a proxy if I really have to, lol). 

Is anyone else getting this error when they’re trying to order these dolls from Volks Japan? Although I can’t seem to login to the website in general, hopefully it really is just maintenance! 

If we really can’t order from outside Japan, can we preorder in store? I’ll be in Tokyo shortly before the Nier DD girls go off pre-order so hopefully I can still get them that way? I might legitimately cry if I miss out on Kaine, she’s so stunningly beautiful! 

Thanks for reading my complaint. xx

EDIT:
Volks JP have added this screen which answers my question. I could not find this before so unsure if it’s new or if I just missed it, lol. I thought I’d post it incase anyone else is having any trouble. Sorry if I’m late! 

IMG_1888.jpeg

Edited by Zai
Additional information
  • Like 1

Vinyl/Plastic friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Rena (DDS Alisaie), Huifre (TinyFox), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).

Future friends: DD Luka (now pre-ordered!) and a DD Icon (wishful thinking, lol).

🩶 Instagram 🩶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sunlightandtea

Does this mean Volks JP is in the process of cutting off overseas users? Or is this a temporary thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luna_Lillie
29 minutes ago, sunlightandtea said:

Does this mean Volks JP is in the process of cutting off overseas users? Or is this a temporary thing? 

It's temporary, ends Oct 9th. It seems to just be maintenance thankfully.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teensybits

This version of 2B only comes with one set of the sword hands + regular gloved hands, unlike the original which came with a bunch of different options, so she's missing more than just the pod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magique

Kaine's sculpt/wig are perfect, but I never played the game she's in and her outfit is... too minimal for my tastes. I'll have to think about it. I'll look forward to seeing pictures of them on display. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.