Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

mayaiincho

Took about 2 weeks but my 2B replacement head arrived yesterday. Nearly zero response from Volks after I sent them my tracking number but It just arrived silently.

Q4miLO0.jpg

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

electricalcorvid

I'm glad to see there are less head cracks appearing!

I got the Miku glasses in one of the recent Volks sales and now all of my dolls want them. I wish there were a plain black pair that I could get for my dolls (similar style to those that Adam wore in the game since this is an actual item you can equip). 

50134390023_d509f08b3f.jpg109681946_321306045720867_8077506364549199558_n by the.linea.alba, on Flickr

• Like 1

baldylox

I didn't see where this was asked earlier on so I'm asking now.  Has anyone tried the default 2B outfit on *without* the body stocking?  Does the basic outfit stain even tho it's lined?

I ask because through certain circumstances, I've gotten myself a 2B outfit but no body stocking.  I know the stocking is specific to 2B so a basic one won't work in it's place and look right but I was just wondering if anyone has tried the outfit without it.  I'm afraid of staining and that it won't look right without that layer under the outfit to "fill in" so to speak.

Any info would be great as would the possibility of getting a replacement for my missing one.  :)

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

whitewhale
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

I didn't see where this was asked earlier on so I'm asking now.  Has anyone tried the default 2B outfit on *without* the body stocking?  Does the basic outfit stain even tho it's lined?

Based on the stains that my bodysuit has absorbed, the white lining is very effective. You can totally wear the 2B outfit on the doll except for the stockings. That is a total nightmare: I’ve got small dots and patches of black marks all over her stockings in the leg areas. No idea about the stain-chance from the boots.

However, I’ve heard that not all outfits are made equally, and some stain more easily than others (regardless of color), so I need someone more experienced here.

If you didn’t get a stocking and you bought directly from Volks, you should’ve emailed their CS immediately.

Edited by whitewhale

baldylox
On 7/26/2020 at 8:40 PM, whitewhale said:

Based on the stains that my bodysuit has absorbed, the white lining is very effective. You can totally wear the 2B outfit on the doll except for the stockings. That is a total nightmare: I’ve got small dots and patches of black marks all over her stockings in the leg areas. No idea about the stain-chance from the boots.

However, I’ve heard that not all outfits are made equally, and some stain more easily than others (regardless of color), so I need someone more experienced here.

If you didn’t get a stocking and you bought directly from Volks, you should’ve emailed their CS immediately.

Thanks for the input!  That's good to know about the outfit itself not staining.  I figured the boots and/or stockings would be the worst offenders.  As for when I got it, I stated above that I got just the outfit set for 2B.  😉  I bought it secondhand and when the seller shipped it, she forgot the stocking and wrist parts.  So she tossed those in a regular envelope and mailed them.  So far they have not showed up so I am now left with the prospect of having a custom one made by using a default one as a pattern.  Had I bought direct from Volks and the pieces had been missing, I would certainly have contacted customer service as soon as I noticed.  :) 

Billy

Jezrah
20 minutes ago, baldylox said:

So far they have not showed up so I am now left with the prospect of having a custom one made by using a default one as a pattern.

I wouldn't give up on the package just yet if it was mailed within the last month. USPS has now slowed to a crawl even for domestic orders, especially for packages and envelopes that are not Priority mail, like First Class and Ground. I have an envelope that was supposed to be delivered a week and a half ago, but I don't think it's necessarily lost yet, just sitting somewhere waiting its turn for a truck going my way. This has been causing trouble in my job, too. More and more people aren't receiving simple orders within 12 days, and we end up having to reship them with faster shipping at our cost.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

baldylox
1 hour ago, Jezrah said:

I wouldn't give up on the package just yet if it was mailed within the last month. USPS has now slowed to a crawl even for domestic orders, especially for packages and envelopes that are not Priority mail, like First Class and Ground. I have an envelope that was supposed to be delivered a week and a half ago, but I don't think it's necessarily lost yet, just sitting somewhere waiting its turn for a truck going my way. This has been causing trouble in my job, too. More and more people aren't receiving simple orders within 12 days, and we end up having to reship them with faster shipping at our cost.

The problem is that the seller just literally put the wrist parts and the body stocking into a regular envelope and put a 32 cent stamp or however much a basic stamp costs now ) on it and set it in their mailbox.  No tracking, no real package to protect the contents and obviously that single stamp was NOT the correct postage.  So a few things could happen from here:

It won't fit thru the regular mail sorter so it's pulled and set aside or returned to sender.

It's not the correct postage amount so it's returned to sender.

It makes it thru the system but got lost.

It was delivered to the wrong address.

It was tossed out.

Etc, etc, etc.  😉

I'm hoping it will either be returned to the seller and then they will reship it to me in a proper package with tracking or that it will make it thru the system and get to me but I'll owe whatever the difference in postage is.  But those are best case scenarios.  With my luck I figure it got lost and I'll never see it.  This was mailed from NC and I'm in SC.  I can literally drive there in 3 hours.  XD  I still old out hope for it tho! 

Billy

OccultBeast
28 minutes ago, baldylox said:

a 32 cent stamp or however much a basic stamp costs now

Can you believe they're up to 55 cents!?

baldylox
21 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Can you believe they're up to 55 cents!?

Dang!  The last time I bought any of those "Forever" stamps, I think they were like 43 or 44 cents?  I rarely ever mail anything in an envelope so the book I bought way back then has still got stamps in it.  😉 

Billy

kino

Have all batches been sent already? Im looking to buy a 9S but not sure if i should hold out a bit more..

baldylox

That envelope finally arrived!  😄  

It was indeed in a regular mailing envelope and had just one regular stamp on it.  I had a note attached to it that stated I owed $3.25 in postage for it being too heavy and oversized.  😛  At least I got the wrist parts and body stocking!  <3 

Now I just need to put someone in it tomorrow....

Billy

• Like 4

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, baldylox said:

At least I got the wrist parts and body stocking!

Glad that worked out for you.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mayaiincho
4 hours ago, baldylox said:

That envelope finally arrived!  😄  

It was indeed in a regular mailing envelope and had just one regular stamp on it.  I had a note attached to it that stated I owed $3.25 in postage for it being too heavy and oversized.  😛  At least I got the wrist parts and body stocking!  <3 

Billy

Good to hear even though the method was pretty lacklusket 😛

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Dollvari
7 hours ago, kino said:

Have all batches been sent already? Im looking to buy a 9S but not sure if i should hold out a bit more..

Yes at this point all the Volks Japan & Volks USA pre-orders have gone out.

baldylox
9 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Glad that worked out for you.

Thanks!  I plan on putting on someone today, I just have to figure out who will get it.  :)

9 hours ago, mayaiincho said:

Good to hear even though the method was pretty lacklusket 😛

Thank you!  Yeah, the seller and I had a discussion about that and they now know that's not how to handle ANY kind of doll shipping.  Padded envelopes and tracking is always how it should be done as a bare minimum for small or light items like these.

Billy

whitewhale
15 hours ago, baldylox said:

Take care of the blindfold.

I forgot if I mentioned it somewhere online already, but 2B's blindfold stained the top of her ear! I'm sooo annoyed. I've already wiped it softly but over and over again with water, and also used some Dream Rescue cream, so the stain has lightened up a bit. But I didn't have enough time and space to leave it out, so I'll need to get back to leaving her out with the cream later on.

You probably have the blindfold with you right? It's pretty well lined with white fabric. The specific part with the issue is where it stretches on the right and over her ear. A head cap over her ear would've saved me a lot of hassle.

So, the two stain demons for certain here are her black leg stockings and her blindfold/ combat visor.

Edited by whitewhale

baldylox
2 hours ago, whitewhale said:

Take care of the blindfold.

I forgot if I mentioned it somewhere online already, but 2B's blindfold stained the top of her ear! I'm sooo annoyed. I've already wiped it softly but over and over again with water, and also used some Dream Rescue cream, so the stain has lightened up a bit. But I didn't have enough time and space to leave it out, so I'll need to get back to leaving her out with the cream later on.

You probably have the blindfold with you right? It's pretty well lined with white fabric. The specific part with the issue is where it stretches on the right and over her ear. A head cap over her ear would've saved me a lot of hassle.

So, the two stain demons for certain here are her black leg stockings and her blindfold/ combat visor.

Thanks for the info!  I do have the blindfold and didn't think about the possibility of it staining an ear.  I have the body stocking now so the legs should be fine with the stockings.  I wasn't sure I'd be using the blindfold anyways so with this info, I may not.  I'll see once I get to putting it on someone.

Billy

• Like 1

Raine

I am SO excited. Angel Toast is almost done with my 2B! She's in the glossing stage, after which she photographs her work, so I am hoping next week I have a lovely surprise in my inbox. ^_^ I am just ecstatic!

• Like 1

---

Astrid (Dollfie Dream Sister Anastasia)

Ana (Dollfie Dream III Towa)

Maddie/Mads (Mini Dollfie Dream f3 DDH-10)

Elise (Dollfie Dream Dynamite 2B)

Raine

2B PREVIEW GET. She should be home Thursday...I've got her body all dressed and ready....UGGGH.❤️

image.png.518cd5a4b72e34104c8b01aa4e4470d1.png

• Like 6

---

baldylox
59 minutes ago, Raine said:

2B PREVIEW GET. She should be home Thursday...I've got her body all dressed and ready....UGGGH.❤️

image.png.518cd5a4b72e34104c8b01aa4e4470d1.png

Wow.  That detailing is amazing!  I can't wait to see her fully revealed!  :)

Billy

ramcoy

finally...

after a few month, i have dressed my 2B

IMG_20200916_195128_394.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ylse
3 hours ago, ramcoy said:

finally...

after a few month, i have dressed my 2B

IMG_20200916_195128_394.jpg

So much happening here 😂 2B is gorgeous but I also like the girl standing behind her. Also whose pantsu are those dinosaurs holding? 🤐😂

Raine

image.png.4d8e68b94d3ea1ebe8d0682560a0a1b2.png

image.png.c3c70e9915ab3b3b018dcd133d6fb2b9.png

image.png.944f8c6459e4376af3bbae8dfab7f66c.png

ANGEL. 2B arrived with her fancy-fresh new faceup from Angel Toast/Andrea and she is...oh wow....here's just a couple of super quick snaps but I am LOVE. She TOTALLY looks like the suspicious Queen Bee she is supposed to be. <3

Edited by Raine
  • Like 13

---

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, Raine said:

2B arrived with her fancy-fresh new faceup from Angel Toast/Andreja and she is...oh wow....

What a beautiful faceup!  It really gives her a soft feel, but she's still got a sharp gaze that lets you know not to mess with her~  The blend of BJD and DD aesthetics is really something.  I'm also always so surprised to see 'veteran' names still in the hobby, since it's so common for faceup artists and/or collectors to fall away from the hobby eventually.  It's great to see that she's still going!

Not that it truly matters, but I believe her name is spelled 'Andrea'; Andreja is the woman who did Nicolle's Dreams faceups back in the day!  Two Andrea/Andreja in the hobby, both known for faceups!

• Like 1