Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

doll-mage

Making "Faux Resin" eyes - no mixing, no cure time, no mess

doll-mage

You can cast your own "Faux Resin" doll eyes at home with easy to find craft supplies, in under an hour from start to finish—No mixing, curing, or open flame required!

I like being able to have custom eyes for doll cosplays and custom projects, but I wanted an easier, faster method than casting resin (and acrylic DIY bases are getting more expensive and harder to find). This is a method I developed to make custom eyes for my own dolls, and I’m sharing it with everyone.

These eyes photograph very nicely and you can make a minimum of 1 eye per batch.

CeliathePikachu

Thanks! This is much easier than other tutorials and helps with my massive impatience, since the thought of having to wait for resin to dry drives me nuts >u<;;; I can't wait to get the supplies to try this! May I ask where you usually buy your supplies?

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

NatsukiP

Wow ! this tutorial is so amazing, I work at a craft store and always wondered what kinds of things I could use the special mode podge tools for, thank you so much for sharing this.

doll-mage
I work at a craft store and always wondered what kinds of things I could use the special mode podge tools for

I've been thinking the same materials could be used to make custom accessories too. It's a bit flexible, so wearable items like armor, fantasy ears (mermaid fins) or headphones could work well.

The Mod Melt sticks also come in metallic and semi-transparent, so we can have fun with those colors

wrxgal

Wow this is super cool. I am brand new to collecting DD dolls and will eventually look at trying to make my own eyes Thank you for posting this!

Wednesday

I have watched A SO MANY doll tutorials on YouTube but I have found this via this forum only, even if I had looked for eye making and Dollfie stuff? No matter, I AHAVE found it now, this is all that counts. It is an AMAZING idea (eyedea ). I just have to get the stuff but it sounds much easier than casting resin... Thanks for sharing it...

Tira

Wow, what a great tutorial!  I've been struggling to find customizable bases, and this looks like a great alternative.

Linnette

I will definetly be trying this! Thanks for the tutorial<3