Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Shailara

Do they mark down?

Shailara

Hi everyone I hope it's okay to ask this here. I put a message in like a week ago to ask this on Danny's site, but they never replied to me...

So I was wondering if anyone from EU asked this from Danny? To mark their package down, I mean, as to avoid custom fees. I have someone in the US to send my girl to if I have to, but I'd prefer to avoid double shipping for obvious reasons

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Yumeiro

They tend to do so. I have not asked them to, but they marked it down each time.

If you want to make sure, you could request it in the comment box when you place your order.

Shailara

Thank you very much

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Eiko82

Over the years, I've ordered a couple of times from Smart Doll, including a Smart Doll Kurenai. I've always asked them to mark it down to avoid customs fees. They've done so every time. It's usually marked down to 50% of the value.

Just make sure to ask them in the comment box of your order. Don't worry if you forget. I forgot once and then immediately sent them an email asking them to mark it down and they still did it.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Mysha

As a side note, do not ask questions like this in public. Danny can't officially confirm that he breaks the law (marking down is against the law as you are probably aware) and he won't answer such question or at least will avoid a direct answer.

Another thing is that they mark dolls down but not below $200.

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Shailara
As a side note, do not ask questions like this in public. Danny can't officially confirm that he breaks the law (marking down is against the law as you are probably aware) and he won't answer such question or at least will avoid a direct answer.

Another thing is that they mark dolls down but not below $200.

I understand this, just all BJD companies I order from (except Volks as known) have no problem saying so when you ask, so it didn't occure to me that he might avoid doing so >.<

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Missy_Magoo
As a side note, do not ask questions like this in public. Danny can't officially confirm that he breaks the law (marking down is against the law as you are probably aware) and he won't answer such question or at least will avoid a direct answer..

He answered me when I asked about it ages ago; he's happy to do it. Also, there's literally a page on his website saying he'll mark down if asked to The cute thing is that he avoids the customs issue and says that he'll mark it down so that your spouse doesn't get angry about how much you spent on a Smart Doll, lol.

OP I don't know about the taxes in your country, but I'm in the UK and I paid about £62 customs fees for my Smart Doll package last year, if it helps. The lowest he ever marks down to is 20000 yen, so exactly how much you'll get hit for depends on your country, and the current exchange rate.

Basically £62 was a lot...but it's a heck of a lot less than if it wasn't marked down, so I'm very grateful.

Shailara
As a side note, do not ask questions like this in public. Danny can't officially confirm that he breaks the law (marking down is against the law as you are probably aware) and he won't answer such question or at least will avoid a direct answer..

He answered me when I asked about it ages ago; he's happy to do it. Also, there's literally a page on his website saying he'll mark down if asked to The cute thing is that he avoids the customs issue and says that he'll mark it down so that your spouse doesn't get angry about how much you spent on a Smart Doll, lol.

OP I don't know about the taxes in your country, but I'm in the UK and I paid about £62 customs fees for my Smart Doll package last year, if it helps. The lowest he ever marks down to is 20000 yen, so exactly how much you'll get hit for depends on your country, and the current exchange rate.

Basically £62 was a lot...but it's a heck of a lot less than if it wasn't marked down, so I'm very grateful.

Really? D: I kept looking and looking and couldn't find an answer on the website TvT)a;; Sometimes I'm just blind, really.

I know that feeling though! I once had a friend in the US gather 3-4 Fairyland dolls to her place and mark it down to $200 LOL. I got customs and I paid like 50+ euro, but I was happy to pay it, just thinking how much Id have paid otherwise XDDD Thank you for your answer

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

toletta

Thanks for bringing this up, I had the exact same question I'd be curious to know if they would mark down lower-value packages (maybe containing only some clothing/accessories). Just because Italian customs fees are so expensive

Eiko82
Thanks for bringing this up, I had the exact same question I'd be curious to know if they would mark down lower-value packages (maybe containing only some clothing/accessories). Just because Italian customs fees are so expensive

Yes, they do.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)