Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Kodama

Obitsu/Dollfie Hybrid Elf

Kodama

This is Liza ( short for something long and difficult to pronounce) and she is a a 60cm Obitsu body with a Dollfie DDH-07 head with custom ears I made with Tamiya epoxy putty.

The wig is Parabox, and the outfit is Stacie's Pink Ocean Via Alice Collections.

The photo location is Ottawa's Botanical Garden at the Experimental Farms.

[album]1456[/album]

[album]1457[/album]

[album]1537[/album]

And here she is in full Metal Goddess mode..

Edited by Guest

hikikohooni

She's so cute!

Liza looks very happy and her eyes are bright and pretty.

(Man you have good taste )

Kodama
She's so cute!

Liza looks very happy and her eyes are bright and pretty.

(Man you have good taste )

Thank you...

In addition to her robes, I'm piecing together a "Metal Queen" type outfit for her.. She has the guitar already..

elianti

Oh wow Liza looks gorgeous! Great job on those elf ears~ And that outfit works so well with the location. The 'metal queen' type of look is super different, so I'm interested in seeing that too!

Kodama
Oh wow Liza looks gorgeous! Great job on those elf ears~ And that outfit works so well with the location. The 'metal queen' type of look is super different, so I'm interested in seeing that too!

Arigatou! Not finding any full sets I like, so the "Metal Queen" will likely be a "bit of this, and a bit of that" sort of thing...

The lady that did the face-up also got someone to airbrush the ears so they match the skin tone pretty close..

I happy with the work all around..

SakuraRose

Wow what a lovely custom. Great job on the ears, I could never make something like that so symmetrical. I'm guessing the Obitsu body saved you cash? With clothing it's hard to differentiate it from DD bodies.

Kodama
Wow what a lovely custom. Great job on the ears, I could never make something like that so symmetrical. I'm guessing the Obitsu body saved you cash? With clothing it's hard to differentiate it from DD bodies.

The outfit is "Stacie's Pink Ocean" via Alice Collections..

Actually, I bought the body second hand off a Doll Club member and was looking to so something with it..

The Volks head was just because I don't care much for the Obitsu sculpts..

Kodama

Also, about the ears.. I also have a hard time with sculpting, so what I did is as follows:

1) Make a rectangle out of styrene or brass, about as long as the ears you want to make, and a bit wider.

2) With the rectangle on something non-stick, mix and press into the mold white Tamiya epoxy putty. Make sure to compress and level the putty smooth to the level of the mold.

3) Cut diagonally from corner to corner and remove the two pieces.

4) Roll the top (straight) edge to define the top of the ear and form the wide end to the doll ear. After it sets you will need to sand it down to close to the ear so make sure its well bonded.

5) You will need to prop the head and ears ( the putty is very flexible at this point) in a cradle of foam or something with the ears in the position you want them to set.. You can't change them after the epoxy sets up, so this is important.

Some things to consider after having done this..

Make the ears so they do NOT stick out further than the shoulders of the doll. I live in terror of them breaking off in the carry bag as they are a bit too long. They Look great, but they just fit in the bag, as they are..

You will need to colour match the ears to the skin tone, so be prepared for that. lots of sanding sticks are needed to get the final shape.

Raine

Waitwaitwait, 'metal queen'? As in, heavy metal, Joan Jett, Lita Ford, 1980s rockstar, metal queen? I HAVE to see (and hear more about) this.

Really though, those ears look fantastic for being a custom mod! Very well done! She is quite lovely.

---

Astrid (Dollfie Dream Sister Anastasia)

Ana (Dollfie Dream III Towa)

Maddie/Mads (Mini Dollfie Dream f3 DDH-10)

Elise (Dollfie Dream Dynamite 2B)

Kodama
Waitwaitwait, 'metal queen'? As in, heavy metal, Joan Jett, Lita Ford, 1980s rockstar, metal queen? I HAVE to see (and hear more about) this.

Really though, those ears look fantastic for being a custom mod! Very well done! She is quite lovely.

Yep! Got a Bustier (sp?) already (in Black ) and have pants and boots inbound from Alice Collections..

Also have a 1/3 scale black Fender Custom that I just need to make a strap for.. ( and maybe a Marshal Amp..)

Outfit will be done piece meal as I didn't see anything I liked as a set..

Thanks, I'm quite happy how they turned out.. All the other Elf ears for dolls are either "Spock" type or limited edition heads (Volks), or Resins...

Kodama

And here you go..

[album]1537[/album]