Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
moevelvet

MDD ankle question

moevelvet

I have my doll on an older MDD body, and I've noticed a lot of people say the ankles are "loose." What exactly does this refer to? I havent had any issue with the ball joint in the ankle myself, but I have noticed a gap between her shin and her foot, usually about a quarter inch. Since they're not pressed together, the shin wobbles around. Is this normal?

Anna-neko

ankle? Most commonly people gripe about first-gen MDD knees

Those like to flop and most of us would usually had KIPS and fix 'em up. don't recall many ankle issues....

Jezrah

The gen 1 MDD have a part inside their ankle that frequently cracks, which does not allow the screw to be tightened. It's not something you'd see at a glance, only if you looked for it. That combined with the floppy knees make it so a lot of them can't stand unaided.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

moevelvet

Here's a picture of what I mean:

uatBnJsl.jpg

baldylox

Gen 1 MDD ankles are notorious for cracking and becoming loose over time. Repairs can be as easy as rotating the ankle around to see the screw inside and then tightening it all the way to having to take the entire foot and ankle apart to drill holes in it to accept newer and longer screws. I've had to redo 6 or more pairs of these ankles and it's annoying as all get out.

To the original question, that pic you showed is an easy fix. Lay your girl down on her back and straighten out her legs. Grab her thigh tightly with one hand and her whole foot with the other. Push her foot and ankle assembly up and into the shin by twisting it back and forth while pushing. It should slide back up into the shin area. If not, use a hairdryer or heat gun to warm up these areas and try again.

This happens when the girls go from standing to sitting poses. The knee areas extend when going into sitting poses and then go back into the thighs when standing. This also affects the ankles sometimes and they don't go all the way back in by themselves so you have to help them along.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

moevelvet

Ah, okay! So it's just a normal thing that will happen all the time. Good to know, thank you!