Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
LariesDollHouse

My complete & utter disappearance from the doll community

LariesDollHouse

I really feel like I need to talk about this honestly, if you don't like personal stuff please don't read this the TL;DR version is that the last 2.5 years has been really rough for me in many ways, but I'm finally back on my feet(knock on wood).

SO I first want to briefly touch on my first entrance into the BJD community. In High School, I had my first doll, a Dollfie Dream Yui named Elliot. Due to many reasons, I sold her, but was still active in the community.

So what happened 2.5 years ago? I finally was financially stable, out of high school, & was able to own a doll of my own. I was also finally out of an abusive relationship that ruled my life for the better part of 4 years. I started being active in my local community, making friends, & even buying more dolls. My life started to get more stressful in August of 2015 when said abusive partner made a return. It wasn't a long return, but enough to completely & utterly jar me. Not only that, but I spent the the last 4th of 2015 in a relationship with someone who completely blew off my hobbies(And me but thats not the point) so the dolls went in the closet.

In early 2016, an event I'd rather keep private happened that almost tore my household apart & destroyed my family dynamic. It became an extremely toxic place to be & I had no where to escape to. In May, my financial stability fell out from underneath me. I was living in a home where everyone fought & now I had no job.

I finally got another job in late 2016, but it was seasonal & just to pay bills. In January, I found out my best friend has cancer.

So thats the foot notes of the last two years of my life, really without getting too much into it. I'm very sorry to those I completely vanished on, as it was not my intention. I now have a job again(this time a full time one lol) & have lots of dollie plans for the future! Idk how active I can be in my local community(if they'll even have me.) but I do plan to rejoin the con/cosplay scene. I didnt write this to garner pity either, just I guess an explanation!

All my hugs & love to all of you!

♥She who leaves a trail of glitter, is never forgotten♥

Mimiyo3

Hey! Man it's been forever. I'm sorry things have been so bad... hugs I was really happy to see you posting on here again tbh but I didn't want to just jump in and make it awkward lol. It'll be really great to see you at meets and all again! I was honestly a little worried I'd never see you again.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

LariesDollHouse
Hey! Man it's been forever. I'm sorry things have been so bad... hugs I was really happy to see you posting on here again tbh but I didn't want to just jump in and make it awkward lol. It'll be really great to see you at meets and all again! I was honestly a little worried I'd never see you again.

Not awkward at all! And you'll defiantly see me again! I'm in the process of getting Misato a new look & getting another girl a body so she's suitable to come out as well! But as soon as those things are taken care of I might head down to a meet & I'm planning on maybe heading to Sabo this year!

Mimiyo3

Oh awesome! It'll be awesome to see Misato again too! I may have to go to Saboten after all. Now who to bring... i'm gonna have to draw like 20 straws or something

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Poofiemus

Damn, sounds like the s*** really hit the fan for you all at once! I'm glad you're getting a handle on things now though. It's been quite a long time since I've seen you!

I can't remember, are you based in the Valley, or down where Mimiyo is?

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

LariesDollHouse
Damn, sounds like the s*** really hit the fan for you all at once! I'm glad you're getting a handle on things now though. It's been quite a long time since I've seen you!

I'm in the East Valley! Near Scottsdale & Paradise Valley. Yeah I'm getting on my feet again.

Yeah it really did! Now It's just been a matter now of being overwhelmed with everything I've missed @_@

Tan skin is coming? We're getting new standard girls? And all the releases coming up! I think I'm gonna try for Emilia as a little 'welcome back' gift to myself.

Thespian

Hi, welcome back! Not to be awkward, but I really enjoyed seeing you/your dolls around. I'm sorry to hear about all those unfortunate cirbleepstances, and I hope your best friend makes a full recovery. If you ever want to chat, you're more than welcome to message me (I was also in an abusive relationship for years, you have my sympathies).

If you do go for Emilia, I hope you get her! She's not my cup of tea, but she'd probably look really great next to Anikka or Misato. They always look better in owner photos than their official Volks images

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

sinclair

Nice to meet you, and hopefully soon my girls and I can meet you in person at a meet. I'm in Mesa if you ever need anything.

Poofiemus

I'm in the East Valley! Near Scottsdale & Paradise Valley. Yeah I'm getting on my feet again.

Yeah it really did! Now It's just been a matter now of being overwhelmed with everything I've missed @_@

Tan skin is coming? We're getting new standard girls? And all the releases coming up! I think I'm gonna try for Emilia as a little 'welcome back' gift to myself.

Ah, okay. I'm in the Chandler/Tempe area now, though I lived up near you for a while. (My uncle is still over there.) I know it's a bit of a drive, but if you need to get out of the house for a bit and hang, shoot me a PM!

Mimiyo3

I'd offer the same but being in Tucson that's even more of a stretch... Lol I need to move to phoenix sometime.

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

LariesDollHouse
Nice to meet you, and hopefully soon my girls and I can meet you in person at a meet. I'm in Mesa if you ever need anything.

Hopefully! I'd love to!

Ah, okay. I'm in the Chandler/Tempe area now, though I lived up near you for a while. (My uncle is still over there.) I know it's a bit of a drive, but if you need to get out of the house for a bit and hang, shoot me a PM!

I might take you up on that one of these days! Thank you

Hi, welcome back! Not to be awkward, but I really enjoyed seeing you/your dolls around. I'm sorry to hear about all those unfortunate cirbleepstances, and I hope your best friend makes a full recovery. If you ever want to chat, you're more than welcome to message me (I was also in an abusive relationship for years, you have my sympathies).

If you do go for Emilia, I hope you get her! She's not my cup of tea, but she'd probably look really great next to Anikka or Misato. They always look better in owner photos than their official Volks images

Hey you! I stalked your profile a bit & saw how much your family has grown!

TBH I'll probably get her a custom faceup haha not because I have an issue with her current one, but just because that's my preference!

I'd offer the same but being in Tucson that's even more of a stretch... Lol I need to move to phoenix sometime.

YES! You do! And we always have cons & meets!

Poofiemus

Please do take me up on it! I need to socialize more, LOL! Also, if you want someone semi-local to redo Emilia, I've actually been wanting to get into doing faceups for other people, since I've so enjoyed doing my own girls. Just throwing that out there.

Mimiyo3

If you do that poofie I'd totally get my Kirito done! If that's okay of course. Keeping him local would be comforting cause I'm kinda paranoid about losing a head in the mail and Kirito would be horrible to replace...

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

sinclair

I want my standard MDD Rena's mouth redone. I'm tired of seeing Yumi's teeth.

Poofiemus

Seems I opened Pandora's box! Now I guess I really do have to figure out what to charge. . .

Mimiyo3

Lol, sorry for jumping on you like that. Take all the time you need.

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Poofiemus

It's weird, I'm ready to actually do the faceups, but deciding what they're worth I just draw a total blank. Though I'm guessing it would make sense to do a reduced price for Sinclair, since he ONLY wants Yumi's mouth redone--and he'd probably go first, since he actually has her on hand, while you and I are waiting for Kirito still, and it'd be even longer for Emilias to ship.

Mimiyo3

Lol yeah true. Your work is really high quality imo so I doubt you could charge what I'd feel was too much. I want to get into faceups too honestly but NOT with Kirito lol. Way too expensive if I screw up. I'll probably get an 03 head or something and ask you like, 1000 annoying questions on what stuff I need for it.

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

sinclair
... since he ONLY wants Yumi's mouth redone...

Ya, ya. So sue me, I generally like Volks default faceups. But I'm sure I could probably be talked into the whole face. Guess I better start looking for examples of what I'm looking for.

As for price, I paid $185 for Keiko's head on eBay. Minus the $42 for the bare head from Volks, and that leaves $143. Not sure if this helps you at all.

But back to the OP, as you can see LariesDollHouse, we get along pretty well here in the AZ DD community. I like us not being some official club, so we aren't weighed down by fees, and officer elections and such stuff. We are just a few people that like to get together when we can and laugh and play and general love our little ones.

0vanity0

Wow that sounds awfully familiar.

I'm glad you're back and that you're okay.

LexiKat13

I'm so sorry to hear that and I completely understand where you are coming from. I joined the hobby a year ago and bought my first DD, Asuna V1. I loved her so much and made several items for her....my BF and i were in a serious relationship at the time and made fun of me constantly for having her and over all enjoying the hobby itself. He had me sell her otherwise we couldn't stay together and I was stupid enough to think I should. As soon as I did I regretted it and his and I's relationship became more toxic and physical to the point my family had to pull me out of that relationship (good thing I have 4 brothers). Since I have rejoined the hobby and have made some purchases. Asuna V1 has now become my grail since I regret letting her go. I'm glad you are in a good place ^_^