Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
toughstermcg

Name that stain?

toughstermcg

Kind of a weird question:

Of course soft vinyl dolls can pick up stains all the time anywhere, stains and spots from dark clothing are just a fact of life for these dolls, we've all been there. But just yesterday when taking some photos, I noticed for the first time some tan-greenish spots on my MDD that didn't really resemble the kind of dots you'd pick up from dye. Magic eraser didn't do anything, I tried 91% isopropyl alcohol (which I'm not sure is vinyl-safe or not?), no real results there. I did some round of benzo zit cream which I think is making it lighter? The weirdest part is that after the first round of zit cream I noticed two more of this mystery marking on her arms as well :C

It photographed pretty light and blurry, but here's what I'm looking at:

C1y8bpo.png

Vx5p9AT.png

More than anything, I just want to figure out what's causing this before it spreads to anywhere serious, like a head that'd be hard to replace. I don't mind just buying a new bust because I sort of wanted to anyway, but I wanna contain this thing and prevent it if I can. I know the answer to "what stained this vinyl" is "literally anything", but have you guys seen this type of spot before?

sinclair

I have not seen it before, but it might be from your fingers going by the locations, size, and shapes. Perhaps you touched something and it transferred to the doll. I seem to remember a post stating something like that can happen.

toughstermcg

Yeah, that's gotta be the case, I just wish I could figure it out more precisely I actually have similar staining all around the neck of my DDII, but I always figured that came from the very very yellowed resin head on the neck. Unlike most other stains on my DDII, that one hasn't really faded with time.

Yumeiro

Do you know what outfit the body has had..? I mean, it might have been a piece that is very prone to staining, but perhaps not onto the doll directly. I am thinking that maybe it might have been transferred from your hands/fingers onto the doll when you removed or changed some clothing article.

toughstermcg

Every outfit this MDD has ever worn was handmade by me, actually, so it's not a matter of a known stain monster. (I'd given up on 1/4 scale and got rid of all my old MSD clothes until I impulse bought this body). I always prewash fabrics before sewing them at all, 2-3 times if they're dark or black.

Since it's probably something that transferred from my fingers, I guess there's really no way to narrow it down much I was just hoping someone else might recognize this odd coloration of it. I'm pretty obsessive about clean hands & dolls, but everyone rushes in and makes mistakes sometimes I suppose.

kk1030

has anyone experience that yellowing sudden disappear after a while?

It happen on one of my white skin heads, it had a yellow spot on the forehead but a few years later when I take her back out of the box, the spot on the forehead is gone, but theres a new spot at the back of the head, lol it looked like it moved or something....

BeyondTime
I have not seen it before, but it might be from your fingers going by the locations, size, and shapes. Perhaps you touched something and it transferred to the doll. I seem to remember a post stating something like that can happen.

That can absolutely happen. Chihaya's wig contained powders to give it highlights, and you could transfer the powder from the wig to the vinyl with just a touch. I actually had a doll stain from grime on a the top of a bookshelf when I set her down on it for less than 30 seconds. Literally just put her down long enough to swap something to my other hand.

I've also read that the Saber Maid outfit was the same way. You could touch it and transfer the black to the doll with your fingers.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mykillerqueen

i also have a doll with stains on the face up and head cap...its yellow. im trying to remove it but what stain is that? i need some advices ^^

2j68cgz.jpg

Kotone

If it's on the headcap, it's either the wig or dye transfer from your hands, seeing as that's an area people touch a lot. In either case, if you plan on keeping your doll with a wig on and not naked or selling it, then I wouldn't worry about it and just get a cloth wig cap to prevent future staining. Silicone wig caps are also porous and won't protect against staining.

galatia9
i also have a doll with stains on the face up and head cap...its yellow. im trying to remove it but what stain is that? i need some advices ^^

2j68cgz.jpg

To me, this headcap looks like it was sprayed with sealant that has worn off around the edges. Is it shiny? DD vinyl is generally not shiny.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2