Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
LexiKat13

Has anyone seen the new SAO movie?

LexiKat13

If you've seen the movie what do you think of it? opinions etc?

Anna-neko

*raises hand* saw the dub back in April, was actually part of the event giving out posters and stuff

the movie is... such fandom pandering, 'cause OMG video games do not work that way! AR video games don't work that way! Goddamn basic brain logic doesn't work that way (I'm sorry, I'm forever salty Kirito gets all the glory when Asuna needs more of it! Girl deserves so much more action front-line time)

it was hella colorful & pretty to look at tho, not gonna lie. Loved the idea of this AR pop-idol concert and the fights were gorgeously animated

LexiKat13

Totally agree, I feel like Asuna wasn't given much credit for anything when he wouldn't have won the game in the first place if she hadn't "died' for him. I thought it would have been more interesting had she lost her memory entirely or something of the sort and we see if relationships can be rebuilt. I hate that they seem to have made her weaker transitioning into ALO all together. I liked some of the fighting scene in the movie but overall which they had done more.

Gothydolly

I saw the movie in September, and personally I liked some of it, like the basic idea behind the plot and some of the boss fight scenes, and the design of the 100 floor boss, it looked pretty cool. However, I feel like the movie was a bit repetitive in the way it was kind of sending the message 'kirito always saves the day', and like you've said already, Asuna definitely needed more spotlight in it.

Overall it was Alright, although I probably won't watch it again though.