Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OfTheMoon

extra small bust wont be sold anymore?

OfTheMoon

Didn't know if anyone found out yet or not, but the extra small bust on any coloration won't be sold anymore. Just got a email back confirming this even. They have no plans on remaking it or anything even. I'm seriously bummed... i've even made a looking for thread because I wanted one so bad.

I really don't get why he wouldn't make them at all, even if they don't sell a lot. =/ I am just super bummed and all, but did anyone else know this happened? (and does anyone have the bust and they don't want it?)

Yumeiro

I mailed them about this way back too. I am also quite disappointed that they won't be making it anymore...

I have been trying to find out if they are still sold at the physical store - as in, that it is only the online-store that is affected, so to say. I think I have seen some xs busts in photos of their outlet section... But it is hard to confirm.

Then it would not be an issue if you could just find someone who would be willing to go there and purchase one for you...

magique

No way! I really wanted one ugh. That suckssss. Big boobs aren't my thing.

belpita

It's interesting how many people are now sad that the xsmall one has been discontinued. Maybe Danny will realise it wasn't so "unpopular" after all...

Eiko82

Maybe if enough people show interest in the XS bust, Danny might offer it again.

I know that he has recently stated that he can no longer keep everything in stock. So if stuff isn't popular or he can't find the material any more, he retires it.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Serisu

I sold my old with an xs bust because I didn't think I would want another SMD girl. But I really want Sana in milk skin, but with xs bust.. I wouldn't even mind if it was MTO, so I had to wait for production.

Home;; Akira , DDH01 boy - Finn, Lelouch SMD, Cherry SMD

Layaway;;

Nikn

I don't understand why would he do that, even if its not super popular, the molds already exist! And the normal size for their girls is already big, I can't believe that all SmD buyers love big tits xD

gaiaswill

Molds wear out. And "interest" doesn't matter if it only translates to sales when it's discontinued. You can't maintain a company that way.

That said, I think he should keep making it for completion's sake, to fill out the line and provide variety. Since SmD is supposed to be a fashion doll, flat will cycle being "in" along with fashion trends.

magique

Would've been nice if he'd mentioned that he would be discontinuing it before doing so

K-2

The only reason for discontinuing a doll part like this is that they just aren't selling. Showing interest by talking about them or "liking" them doesn't move stock or pay for storage. In a business such as this interest is gauged by numbers sold.

The molds will still be around. Danny can always use them for the appropriate future licensed character.

MVSig.jpg

OfTheMoon

As a long term BJD owner and have had experiences with tons of companies, I don't see why he couldn't make them buy to order WITH a smartdoll. not sold separately, but sold as a make to order sort of deal with the purchase of a full smartdoll. I don't see how that could crunch sales and hurt him, as I've seen it work out for tons of other companies in the past.

Yumeiro
not sold separately, but sold as a make to order sort of deal with the purchase of a full smartdoll.

They keep SmartDoll in-stock only, except for pre-orders. I think he made it his policy to not have them be made-to-order..?

With the upcoming workshop-kit though, should he not be able to allow for more boob-versatility? - One may hope!

senyac

Make to order works for resin dolls but is not cost affective with vinyl dolls ,

with resin dolls you mix your cold resin and pour it in a silicon mold and wait for it to set and this can be done just about any where , with Vinyl you have the vinyl in a hot liquid state and pour it into a metal mold and then spin it in a Centrifuge as it dries , they usually make them in batches of 100's , and to swap out the mold just to make one or two slows down production and is not cost affective , They are also made in workshops around Tokyo not at his main HQ so they would also have to be shipped to the main store . With the loss of production and having to ship a small number to the main store it would most likely double the cost of the XS breast and that would make them even harder to sell .

SakuraRose

I could understand the choice as a business to discontinue the XS bust, but it decreases the diversity of SmDs. :/ Not that they look very different from each other in the first place, but I thought it mattered, especially with skin tones. Regardless of gender, some people have flat chests and I feel like they shouldn't be left out. I'm probably thinking too deeply about it.

belpita
Would've been nice if he'd mentioned that he would be discontinuing it before doing so

I'm fairly certain he did, but I suppose there's a lot happening on all his social media, so it's easy to miss.

gaiaswill

That's a pet peeve of his for me. To keep up, you basically have to be as much of a social media junkie as him.

Misha-san

I actually do not see even the small bust available on the website

senyac
I actually do not see even the small bust available on the website

The small bust comes standard with the Dolls , I don't think they have been available separately

Cauldroness

I wonder if he'd consider making certain items in seasonal.

Something like, we'll only make the extra small bust available in March, if you miss it, you have to wait until next year. Allows you to have a greater variety of items but without having to keep them all in stock all the time.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Yumeiro
I wonder if he'd consider making certain items in seasonal.

Something like, we'll only make the extra small bust available in March, if you miss it, you have to wait until next year. Allows you to have a greater variety of items but without having to keep them all in stock all the time.

I like that idea!

Anyone planning on mailing and asking/suggesting something like that?

I think I keep up pretty well with his posts, but I cannot recall him saying anything about discontinuing the xs busts. Could be wrong though.

I agree with the statement about the small busts not being that small. At least due to the fact that the torso is curved in a way that makes the chest area stand out, and thus make the boobs more prominent, which does not work well for the more flat-chested characters...

Misha-san

The small bust comes standard with the Dolls , I don't think they have been available separately

Yes, but not the 'headlights' and blushed variant.

senyac

Yes, but not the 'headlights' and blushed variant.

There has not been "headlights" or blushed versions of the small Bust if there was I would have brought them

Misha-san
There has not been "headlights" or blushed versions of the small Bust if there was I would have brought them

Really? Oh okay, I thought they used to be available. I guess I just presumed it.

baldylox

Really? Oh okay, I thought they used to be available. I guess I just presumed it.

There was most definitely a blushed version of the Extra small bust that had nipples. Silverwing here on the forums has one for his Mirai altho she doesn't use it too often. I'll see if I can get him to reply with pics but he doesn't pop up here too often anymore.

The default small bust has never had nipples nor has it been offered with them or with blushing.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

NeeP

I waded through the Wayback Machine, (a.k.a. The Internet Archive) and found this page snapshot, taken March 13th of this year:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160901043108/https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/busts

This snapshot was from Sept 11, 2016:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160901043108/https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/busts

As you can see, there were quite a few more bust selections in the past year.

But I didn't see any 'small breast' options, but the Extra Small options seemed to be around for a while...

The Wayback Machine is a tool to look at sites that have been around for a long time. It doesn't archive Every update, but you can see how sites evolve. I just googled 'Wayback Machine' to find it.

(Thanks, Mr. Peabody...)

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.