Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Raine

New Standard Arrival: Dollfie Dream Towa!

Bellatrix
From one of the other threads here discussing that bust swap, there is a link to how to cut the DD bust to make it fit the same way as the DDdy one. This is not my website, just posting what I found: http://www.pihlajakoto.fi/2011/09/how-to-mod-ddii-bust-for-dddy/

I have seen some people doing the same but I was wondering how wold it be if they sanded down the roughly cut parts? Maybe with some warmth from a hair dryer or something...?

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

cfx
From one of the other threads here discussing that bust swap, there is a link to how to cut the DD bust to make it fit the same way as the DDdy one. This is not my website, just posting what I found: http://www.pihlajakoto.fi/2011/09/how-to-mod-ddii-bust-for-dddy/

I have seen some people doing the same but I was wondering how wold it be if they sanded down the roughly cut parts? Maybe with some warmth from a hair dryer or something...?

I think that could work, since I know people have sanded off the nipples. I've also seen a suggestion of instead of doing the cuts with a knife to use small sharp scissors like the ones made for cutting on plastic R/C car bodies which can lead to a smoother initial result.

I know I'm anal enough if I were to do this on my own doll I'd need to do something even if it's always covered by clothing, I'd still know it didn't look neat and profesional otherwise and it would bother me forever.

Bellatrix

I think that could work, since I know people have sanded off the nipples. I've also seen a suggestion of instead of doing the cuts with a knife to use small sharp scissors like the ones made for cutting on plastic R/C car bodies which can lead to a smoother initial result.

I know I'm anal enough if I were to do this on my own doll I'd need to do something even if it's always covered by clothing, I'd still know it didn't look neat and profesional otherwise and it would bother me forever.

Yea I get that, I would be super bothered myself, too!

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Cauldroness

I modded a M-bust onto a DDdy body using an exacto knife, and I was able to get a perfectly smooth cut. It just takes a bit of patience and a steady hand, but it definitely can be done. You can see the result on my flickr here: DD M-Bust on DDdy Body

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

cfx
I modded a M-bust onto a DDdy body using an exacto knife, and I was able to get a perfectly smooth cut. It just takes a bit of patience and a steady hand, but it definitely can be done. You can see the result on my flickr here: DD M-Bust on DDdy Body

That looks good.

One of Bellatrix' questions gave me an idea. She mentions a hair dryer--I don't know if anyone still makes these, but there used to be figure garage kits made not of resin but "soft vinyl" which was very similar to DD skin parts, though generally thinner. When you bought these they came with the casting flash still on them, and the recommended method for trimming was to warm the parts up by putting them in warm/hot water and then using an exacto to trim them. It was a little different because these were generally cast with a line already indented for you to follow, but otherwise it seems similar.

Since there is a fair amount to be removed here, I think if I do it I'll make a test cut for practice just removing part of the extra and then do the final cut.

MrFjmg03

Congrats she is so beautiful. I love how Shen looks with that wig

I just order my own Towa today. I went to Volks USA to look for some shoes and saw they had Towa in stock so I couldn't resist. I had that money save for another Smartdoll but finally Towa won. It was an impulse buy :p

Raine
Congrats she is so beautiful. I love how Shen looks with that wig

I just order my own Towa today. I went to Volks USA to look for some shoes and saw they had Towa in stock so I couldn't resist. I had that money save for another Smartdoll but finally Towa won. It was an impulse buy :p

Thank you thank you! And CONGRATULATIONS! THE WORLD NEEDS MORE TOWA. She is so much more beautiful and gentle in person, I promise. She can photograph poorly from some angles, but you'll love her. I hope to see photos of her around soon!!

---

Astrid (Dollfie Dream Sister Anastasia)

Ana (Dollfie Dream III Towa)

Maddie/Mads (Mini Dollfie Dream f3 DDH-10)

Elise (Dollfie Dream Dynamite 2B)

Mainframe110

Congrats!! I was looking at getting her, because I love her demure yet mature face. Thanks for posting pics!

Paprika

She looks awesome for a standard release. Congrats!