Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

The Hatsune Miku (And Piapro/Vocaloid) New Outfit Thread

Monty

Let's face it, there's always gonna be new Miku outfits announced every year at both Snow Miku and Magical Mira and whenever Volks feels like it so I thought maybe there should just be a general thread instead of always making new ones (2018 Snow Miku aside).

Rin and Len as well as the upcoming Luka will also probably get a lot of outfits, whether from PVs/illustrations or the Project Diva games.

One upcoming outfit is based on an illustration by Peachpit - best known as the artist team behind Rozen Maiden. It will be unveiled tomorrow at Hatsune Miku Vampirefest, which seems to be some kind of mini event in a Shibuya department store (Shibuya Marui) where a whole load of merch featuring this special Peachpit art will be sold, and be on display for the rest of the month.

18hflDW.png

https://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12344735720.html

Volks say in the post that they will only be displaying Miku in the new dress, but who knows - maybe the Rin, Len and Luka outfits will also get made eventually.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of outfits that look like they'll stain a doll simply by being in the same room as them, but Len's is pretty cute.

If anyone here is in Tokyo from the 16th to the 30th, you will be able to check out the new dress in person, as well as pick up any of the other PeachpitxVocaloid merch.(not DD related, but if you're interested: http://www.eternorecit.jp/collabo/anime-game/201711-miku-vamfes.html)

The rest of us can wait for Volks blog post tomorrow to see it.

Edited by Monty

MegWesley

That is a gorgeous outfit! Rozen Maiden was one of the first animes I fell really hard for and I've always loved their style. I never thought to look up the artists behind them! Now I know.

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

Eiko82

Wooow, that outfit is gorgeous. Hope Rin and Len's outfits get made as well.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Monty

Nice! I love the pendant.

...although, I spent a ridiculously long time looking at that and wondering why Miku was wearing pants under her see-through dress and then realized it was the reflection from the photographer...

February 17th makes sense, that's probably around when the new lot of February outfits go on sale, if they're not a week earlier.(we'll probably get to see what those are at the end of this month. please more yoSD stuff volks;;)

It's very pretty, but it looks pretty tight on her bust.

It might be because of its form - but I guess it won't fit anything bigger than an S bust.

sinclair

Pre-orer for new Miku outfit is music to my ears! I'll be getting this for sure!

Anna-neko

the ribbons on the skirt don't match her hair. How dare you Volks!!!

... the outfit looks excellent, but all the black is already making me anxious

Monty
the ribbons on the skirt don't match her hair. How dare you Volks!!!

... the outfit looks excellent, but all the black is already making me anxious

Right? I had no idea I could get anxious looking at an outfit until I joined this hobby.

edit: funnily enough her ribbons dont match her hair on the illustration either because her hair is a paler colour than normal whereas the ribbons are miku-coloured, but Volks seems to have made them more blue... although this is a photo taken in low-light after the store has closed and the cabinet lights arent on, so maybe there will be better pics tomorrow.

edit 2: I take it there's a Miku preorder outfit at least once a year then? But I'm surprised its this one and not the 2018 Snow Miku, unless that's going to be preorder as well.

Hoshiko_Blue

26910173_1539091966143990_5757777422167634985_o.jpg?oh=97b8e71c7ff363201eb01d5d0154feb4&oe=5ADCE196

*Unleashes the gothic lolita hidind in herself*

OMG it' soooo beautifuuuuuuuuuul

I could buy a Miku only for this dress *-*

*Locks gothic lolita back*

cfx

I'd be worried about the high collar staining the bottom of her head.

Ooh, looking at the large size of that pic those look like the SB-SD-192 shoes. If they don't come with the outfit, and at 14,800 for it they probably don't, Volks will likely rerelease them along with it. I've been wanting those after I got the SB-SD-211 red version that were rereleased alongside the Halloween outfits recently.

Gabriel

Ooh, looking at the large size of that pic those look like the SB-SD-192 shoes. If they don't come with the outfit, and at 14,800 for it they probably don't, Volks will likely rerelease them along with it. I've been wanting those after I got the SB-SD-211 red version that were rereleased alongside the Halloween outfits recently.

I had the same first thought. But I don't think the shoes are the same. The bow seems too skinny, and might be a part of the stocking instead of the shoe. But the shoes definitely seem derived from the same template, perhaps without the bow on back.

I was thinking the same thing about the price. It would be odd for them to leave the shoes out of this set, but it makes more sense to leave the shoes out than the wig. My guess is the pendant will be separate too.

Ayanami

Wow, the outfit looks gorgeous! But I personally wouldn't buy it because of the very high possibility of staining (especially around the area of her neck...)

Mario

Wow it's very detailed! I wish it would fit different bust sizes but it obviously is only made for Miku

BeyondTime

It looks like the collar part is lined with white.

It's very pretty, but it looks pretty tight on her bust.

It might be because of its form - but I guess it won't fit anything bigger than an S bust.

Honestly outside of Miku stuff not much is made for SS busts, so I don't mind if they size Miku stuff exclusively for SS. It means I can get stuff that fits my Chihaya every so often.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Sniiksnak

Oh man, that's sooooo pretty. She looks so distinguished. But that's a lot of black, I don't think I'd get it. Dx

cfx

I had the same first thought. But I don't think the shoes are the same. The bow seems too skinny, and might be a part of the stocking instead of the shoe. But the shoes definitely seem derived from the same template, perhaps without the bow on back.

I was thinking the same thing about the price. It would be odd for them to leave the shoes out of this set, but it makes more sense to leave the shoes out than the wig. My guess is the pendant will be separate too.

Looking again, you're right, there isn't enough to the ribbon on these. I'm still hoping they're separate as I'd like to get them.

Will that be a separate wig, or just the ribbons and they expect you to put them on her normal wig? That would be a real pain I would think. Either way, wig and shoes would be a higher price I think; ribbon girl outfit was 21,800 yen and even deep sea girl was 15,800 and this outfit is more elaborate. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Monty

Im pretty sure that's just her default wig and it won't come with one but will most likely definitely come with shoes. I have never seen a Miku outfit not come with shoes, unless the outfit it's based on didn't have them (Deep Sea Girl), but there have been a few without wigs if her hair wasn't drastically different to her default (or snow Miku's default)

Volks posted some clearer pics.

cfx

You're likely right. 14.8K could include shoes (though I'm surprised it's not higher) but I don't see how it could include a wig. I was just hoping the shoes were separate so I couild buy them because I want some shoes like that but I'm not interested in this outfit. Mandarake had a pair of SB-SD-192 recently and while I was waffling over ordering they sold, and I've been sad about it ever since.

From the twitter pics it appears the collar and top section is material that is white on the back; of course there may still be thread staining issues and such.

Gabriel

Yep. That would make more sense to just have a couple of ribbons to wind around the twintails rather than a custom wig. Or maybe even that was purely a decoration for the display piece.

sinclair
edit 2: I take it there's a Miku preorder outfit at least once a year then? But I'm surprised its this one and not the 2018 Snow Miku, unless that's going to be preorder as well.

I want ever Miku outfit to be pre-order.

As for staining, the Type 2020 outfits haven't stained, AFAIK. At least the wrists and neck. I don't think it stained her legs, but then I can't say for 100% because I have a set of legs for her that were already badly stained that I put on her for the black socks. But it doesn't look like there are more stains on those legs. I'll just wash this outfit a couple times and call it good.

shikaree
Im pretty sure that's just her default wig and it won't come with one but will most likely definitely come with shoes. I have never seen a Miku outfit not come with shoes, unless the outfit it's based on didn't have them (Deep Sea Girl), but there have been a few without wigs if her hair wasn't drastically different to her default (or snow Miku's default)

Volks posted some clearer pics.

Are you telling me I have to tie the ribbons myself...? RIP low dexterity T.T

sinclair

I doubt Volks will sell the wig with ribbons in it, have any idea what kind of nightmare that would be to fit it after shipping? Now, do I think they should offer a Miku wig as a separate sale, yes! Miku wigs get messed up way to easily, and it'd be nice if Volks would sell them every once in a while so you can get a decent looking wig again every couple years or so.

Anna-neko

Because it wasn't enough to terrify our wallets with Miku's dress alone, Moi-même-Moitié are also making the dress! .... being both a gothic lolita & DD buyer suddenly seems like a terrible life choice

DTtQ5dpVMAAstBe.jpg

• Haha 1