Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

The Hatsune Miku (And Piapro/Vocaloid) New Outfit Thread

cfx

It's really pretty but not for me.

Yeah Luka needs more outfits and I didn't care for her Senbonzakura one either.

Poofiemus

So I just got the email from Volks USA. $200 for the Snow Princess outfit despite not having a wig. That's. . .a bit steep, I feel? For some reason I had it in my head that since it didn't have a wig it'd be more like $150, but obviously I'm wrong. Now I'm kinda debating about getting this, versus getting something more boutique like a CheeryDoll outfit, since this is now in that price range.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

cfx
So I just got the email from Volks USA. $200 for the Snow Princess outfit despite not having a wig. That's. . .a bit steep, I feel? For some reason I had it in my head that since it didn't have a wig it'd be more like $150, but obviously I'm wrong. Now I'm kinda debating about getting this, versus getting something more boutique like a CheeryDoll outfit, since this is now in that price range.

That's the big thing for me; I guess I just sound bitchy lately but I think $200 is too much here. Well maybe it's too much for me for any outfit, probably.

I love this hobby but various aspects of it often border on a level of expense that stresses me out.

And I say that while considering DDs like Takane.

Poofiemus

That's the big thing for me; I guess I just sound bitchy lately but I think $200 is too much here. Well maybe it's too much for me for any outfit, probably.

I love this hobby but various aspects of it often border on a level of expense that stresses me out.

And I say that while considering DDs like Takane.

There are some gorgeous outfits I would pay $200 for, gladly. But I just. . .kind of feel like this isn't one of them? The ones in that price range I tend to drool over have features like glass beadwork, multiple appliques, or really hard-to-work-with fabrics like organza or brocade. The white layers on this Snow Miku outfit aren't even hemmed, which shows that it doesn't fray or anything. Just. . .doesn't seem in the same range of awesome as some of the $200 outfits I've seen out there.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

cfx
There are some gorgeous outfits I would pay $200 for, gladly. But I just. . .kind of feel like this isn't one of them? The ones in that price range I tend to drool over have features like glass beadwork, multiple appliques, or really hard-to-work-with fabrics like organza or brocade.

That's understandable and if I was into outfits like that I might feel the same, but those aren't my style.

The white layers on this Snow Miku outfit aren't even hemmed, which shows that it doesn't fray or anything. Just. . .doesn't seem in the same range of awesome as some of the $200 outfits I've seen out there.

I agree. I've got a number of Volks outfits now, and some are made quite well that I'm very happy with and a few...aren't, but in general I don't feel they're a level of quality to justify this kind of pricing, and to me this Miku dress isn't, you can see things like the bows on the front don't line up in their pictures, and those kind of sloppy details bug me. I also feel the jewelry stuff tends to look cheap...but I'm just not into that on outfits so I'm biased against that kind of frilly stuff. Really, I like this outfit more than I should because it is a lot of things I don't generally care for.

sinclair
I absolutely love this design but I don't have a snow Miku or her wig.

I don't have a Snow Miku, but I won't let that stop me. My regular Miku will wear it and look stunning. Price is a bit high, perhaps there's now a Miku tax on her stuff (Like any name brand. Add Apple to electronics and the price climbs. Add Star Wars to LEGO and the price is high.).

How long does Luka have to wait for another outfit? I’m honestly not fond of her Senbonzakura one.

It has been crazy that there has been no more Luka outfits, but then look how long it took for the darkness outfits to come out for the twins, and that has been it for their extra outfits. As far as the Luka Senbonzakura, I never did get my hands on it, and I'd still like it, but as a maid outfit for one of my girls.

Sniiksnak

My girls are gonna fight to the death over the new outfit. Really shook that no new ones were announced though.

I WANT A MELANCHOLY RIN

Gabriel

Well, it's been a pretty rough month for me. I've cancelled some figure pre-orders and some other things.

But I'm going to be optimistic, so I got my pre-order in for Snow Princess today. And next week I'll throw in an entry for the Eclair Bustle dress.

marishade

Placed my order for Snow Miku 2019 outfit. I checked what I paid for the Crane Priestess set and found that the price is only 2 dollars more (after checkout for each). Very excited for this set!

sinclair

I just placed my order at Volks USA for the new Miku outfit. Miku will be happy.

Bloodember

I just put Miku in her Crane Priestess outfit.

y4meljiqfDaF-f9uG2LhYHB7iDS_dpeKQFKKga8PMACSR1A2qWtAYtn9j-mOkON2hzoFPuONvrp_ExzbZgeJCOG24Ig4-Uk1Fbp-Vl4a9qyVRz9VQeBbz2EmYAmkXvvg4_vTg6hhJprsy3oYdGv2wJF3ax-_FgDjSxJMxzW4G9rLypbgZMM6wNo6MORMSuD0X4r01B_zcj53xfY6YPuHDsubw?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none

I love the new outfit, but for $200 and no hair, I have to think on this one. I will probably get it though, Miku is way to spoiled.

twiggysbabe

Hello there,

Is there any info if I have to pay immediately once I place a preorder for the outfit on volks international?

12101414793_2ba27a22cb.jpg

mangaemi
Hello there,

Is there any info if I have to pay immediately once I place a preorder for the outfit on volks international?

I’d also like to know this. For VolkUSA it’s looking like you have to pay upfront in full ?there’s no partial down payment). But with Volks current PayPal set up I’d wonder if you have to also pay up front by them invoicing you or if you can preorder then pay when it’s token to ship

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

cfx

Found pictures showing both the front and back of the Snow Miku 2019 outfit here:

Monty
Hello there,

I’d also like to know this. For VolkUSA it’s looking like you have to pay upfront in full ?there’s no partial down payment). But with Volks current PayPal set up I’d wonder if you have to also pay up front by them invoicing you or if you can preorder then pay when it’s token to ship

I figured that if it doesnt mention a down-payment then it isn't available. It does mention the down payment for orders in store, but not online, which is how it's been in previous years. I was kinda hoping that would change with the new site, but I guess not.

I can't really afford anything other than the down-payment up front so I had my friend order it through the Akiba store so that I have more time to save for it. My cat needed some dental work done, so that had to take priority, but...I think I would regret letting this one slip by.

Although, with how long Volks is taken to invoice people, I guess you do get a -little- longer than immediately to pay. It's still kinda painful though as its a pricey set.

cfx

As there have seemingly never been many pictures of the vampire girl outfit, I thought I'd post this one I found:

sinclair

I got it from the 1st pre-order.  Just I should get around to opening it and putting it on Miku...

BeyondTime

It looks like Magical Mirai 2019 will feature Luka & Miku Happis.

https://magicalmirai.com/2019/goods_volks_doll_happi_luka.html

https://magicalmirai.com/2019/goods_volks_doll_happi_miku.html

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mizya

I wish I could get the Luka happi, but getting Luka herself drained most of my hobby fund, so I'll have to settle for keeping an eye on the aftermarket. ;u; I've still got to hunt down the Rin & Len happis, too, at some point.

This tweet suggested DD news, so I wonder if Volks will announce other new outfits, too? Hopefully something for Luka, although I'm kinda picky about her outfits so I don't know if my top favourites would make the cut, ahah. xD I don't like lavender/lilac as a colour at all, which is why Luka's Senbonzakura and a few other outfits of hers don't appeal to me. And while this isn't really the proper thread for it, I wonder if we might even hope for a DD Kaito and/or Meiko announcement in Magical Mirai... ? o///o 💕

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

Monty

I think new outfits is likely because they didn’t announce any at all last year, and none at Snow Miku either. In 2017 I had anticipated a possible Kaito/Meiko announcement in 2019 (solely because of Rin/Len and Luka being two years apart) but then Sakura Miku got announced the following year which threw me off, and I don’t think it’s likely for three new vocaloid dolls to be announced in a row...but then again Sakura Miku is still Miku and therefore technically not a new character so maybe........... there is that recent attention to DD boys after all......... well whatever happens i hope there are new outfits for not just Miku. I don’t like Luka’s at all aesthetically and Rin’s two outfits don’t match the image of my own Rin.

(Unfortunately one of my fave Luka outfits is lavender though 8’D)

Edited by Monty

Monty

Not really a new outfit but at Magical Mirai today these new glasses were announced - a collaboration with Washin Palette who also made them in human size.

kinda disappointed they didn’t announce anything else.  There is a chance that are saving it for the Tokyo event at the end of the month, but they did a countdown over the past 10 days until today. It’s hard to not be disappointed that they hyped it up so much with the countdown. I was expecting something Luka themed because of the Takoluka themed countdown but it just turned out that you could buy the Takoluka plushies separately at the Volks booth. 

I really wanted a new Luka outfit ;-; If they really don’t announce anything at Tokyo this is I think the first Magical Mirai that they haven’t announced an outfit or doll.

That said the glasses are very cool, unfortunately since they’re a collaboration I don’t expect them to be cheap. If they aren’t too pricey I might get a pair. 

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Noxxbunny

I'll have to keep an eye out(pun not intended lol) for the price on these too...I have the human sized Kaito x Washin Palette glasses as my every day glasses and I think they're really great glasses, so it'd be cool to have a Miku pair in doll size 😆 Fingers crossed they won't be anywhere near the price of the human sized ones though!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

cfx

The way they were hyping the event with that countdown I expected something too. They were shown earlier but there are new happis for Miku and Luka:

https://twitter.com/volks_dd/status/1159054638835875840

If Volks sells them online again I'd like to get the Luka one. I like the art on it and really like that it doesn't have super deformed style art on the front like these usually have.

Edit: Looking back up the page, I forgot others already posted the happis. Well, this is a bit of additional info as the front of Luka's wasn't shown earlier.

Edited by cfx