Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ajl

DokiDoki Natsuki !

ajl

Heya! I mentioned in my introduction topic that I don't have any dollfies yet, but I really want to get one to make into Natsuki from the weird game Doki Doki Literature Club. I just really like her character! And since she's from an indie developed game from a NA studio I really doubt there will be official merch outside of the keychains and stuff in the store. SO It comes down to me to find something to make of my own!

I was going to just make a plush of her and call it a day, but making 'good' anime style plush isn't something that is good enough for me. I'd make it way more detailed than a standard UFO catcher style and, well, I don't have time for that kind of project right now!!! (plus, what do i even do with such a pattern when it's done? does such an anime plush have a market?) Anyway, sidetrack....

If you're not familiar with who Natsuki is, she is here.

CMiyaia.png9kKRoNT.png

I wanted to get a Karin, and then change the eyes and wig and everything. The outfit is something I think I can make myself. Though obviously I'd be fine in putting her in other cute outfits too!

I think I found some eyes I like! Here:

ydjhK79.jpg

But still having trouble with the wig. I also have been debating on bumping her down a bust size, but I figure I'll need to have a look at the actual doll in-hand before I decide that for sure.

Edited by Guest

Kalle

Good luck! My boyfriend is hoping to make a Monika, so maybe you two can dish over the game together x)

LAOiCdW.gif

ajl

OH! That would be awesome. I was wondering if anyone else would be making a doll from the game. Well, once I figure out a pattern for that school uniform I could always make another one.

ajl

WOO. so I actually revised my plan a bit, unexpectedly because I found a *really good* head on yj that just kind of really looked like her to me. It was a custom 09 that came with pink eyes already. I LOVED IT. Unfortunately I lost that one, but then the next day I found another one, an 09, pink eyes, the eyebrows are a ~little~ different than what I was looking at (maybe I can fix them later?) but I ended up getting that one (for way less than the other one went for!) so now I have that coming soon..... and I ordered her wig already too.

I guess I just need a DDS body for her. I still want her to be shorter than the other dolls, because she's short normally. Hah. I'll have to save a bit for her though, I wasn't expecting to get the head suddenly.

Sniiksnak

Ooh, congratulations! I can’t believe she’s coming along so fast. If you’re looking for a dds body I’ve seen Kagamine Rin bodies on yja. I only suggest her body because she comes with a super small bust, which I imagine is ideal for Natsuki.

mincy

Thats actually pretty exciting Im sure your Natsuki will be really charming. It seems like like you have great taste.

ajl
Ooh, congratulations! I can’t believe she’s coming along so fast. If you’re looking for a dds body I’ve seen Kagamine Rin bodies on yja. I only suggest her body because she comes with a super small bust, which I imagine is ideal for Natsuki.

Thanks!! I'm hoping I can get the head soon(ish) and get some photos in here. :3

What's the average price the body goes for? Would it be easier to just buy a standard DDS body and then buy a smaller bust? Because that's what I've been considering doing. The head I got is in Normal skin too. So I need to take that into consideration also.

Thats actually pretty exciting Im sure your Natsuki will be really charming. It seems like like you have great taste.

THANKS!! I love her... I'm gonna start a little keychain collection too. I want to make an ita-bag eventually. So far I just have two. :b I've got... 2... plus one a friend found for me at a comic convention.

Sniiksnak

The body is going on YJA for 27k. I’d link it but buyee, if you use that, won’t let you buy cause the seller has a low rating. Bodies on volks go for 30k and the busts would be an additional 3k.

So I guess waiting for another kagamine Rin body to pop up or buying a standard off of yja for a good price would give you time to save up. ♪( ´θ`)ノ

Edit: found a body for 29.8k

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/c654651830

Sailor moon body, m bust though, 25k

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/290073353

Standard body with reported colour transfer and dirt m bust 20.8k

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h303123948

kakulolita

I’m excited to see her completed! Natsuki is adorable

I’d imagine that for her wig there wouldn’t be anything exactly like it, unless you could stumble about one of those Taobao character wigs or get one custom made... Maybe break it down into a bob with magnetic ponytails, and style the bangs with styling gel? The hair clip presents another challenge...

Mainframe110
I’m excited to see her completed! Natsuki is adorable

I’d imagine that for her wig there wouldn’t be anything exactly like it, unless you could stumble about one of those Taobao character wigs or get one custom made... Maybe break it down into a bob with magnetic ponytails, and style the bangs with styling gel? The hair clip presents another challenge...

For the hair clip maybe do it like how it's done with Smart doll Mirai? Tiny magney on a plastic hair clip and a magnet in the head? it could be done...

Also very excited to see a Natsuki doll

ajl

I'm still working on her. I got her all set... but I am having trouble finding a school uniform that looks close enough to the one she wears for my liking. I'm probably going to end up having to make one myself at this rate, but I haven't had time to make doll clothing because I've been so busy with commissions and things for my other business (this is why I've been gone for a while too :'D) I really hope I can fix her up soon though.

I'm still having trouble figuring out the best way to do her main hairclip in the front of her bangs though. I had tied one in that ended up falling out, and it was hard to get in in the first place. I might use a thicker ribbon and use glue to stiffen in, then add a clip or a button to attach it to her hair? I'm not sure yet.

HER HAIR CLIP DEFIES EVERYTHING I KNOW AAAAAAA.

jaderose

You could try attaching the hair clip like you would option parts for a resin head - with magnets.

Put a small one in the middle of the clip, and glue another magnet to the inside of her head, behind where you want the hair clip to sit. It would mean you couldn't move her bangs around much, and you'd have to periodically re-position it and the hair to get it to sit right - but you also wouldn't have to stiffen the bangs and sacrifice the look there.

The post above this signature was probably TLDR, and I am very sorry.