Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

littlebearries

What are you reading?

katnaper

Surprisingly I'm reading work related literature (so not a textbook fan) on enterostomal therapy. I take a break though and do some light reading, mostly mangas because if I read a novel,the textbook is going to o on the backburner

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

littlebearries
I'm rereading Catcher in the Rye right now, can't say I like it anymore then the first time I read it though ._. honestly it's rather disturbing to me and I find myself getting really angry at the main character while I'm reading xD

Me too

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

littlebearries
My favourite thing about reading them has been William Gibson's comment that these stories constitute a subset of science fiction that could be called "Gladiatorial Dystopia." XD

I love it!!

The thing that bothered me the most about these books was the use of genetically modified creatures.

I understand if you want to use them to make a point... I thought the Mockingjay's were ok... but other creatures that popped up seemed a bit 'in your face' and tacky to me... they lost their ability to terrify me by being ridiculous.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

milkytea
The thing that bothered me the most about these books was the use of genetically modified creatures.

I understand if you want to use them to make a point... I thought the Mockingjay's were ok... but other creatures that popped up seemed a bit 'in your face' and tacky to me... they lost their ability to terrify me by being ridiculous.

I think that's fair. There are lots of mutated creatures that exist only for terror. The jabberjays served a purpose.

Alphakitty

I'm reading House of Leaves for the 4th or 5th time... pretty sure it's the 5th. ^^; I forgot how dense it is though: I started it up at the Hunger Games midnight release and it look me 3 hours to get through about 50 pages! I'm a fast reader so it was kind of surprising... which you think it wouldn't be given how many times I've read it.

Funny story related to the Hunger Games: so I'm reading HoL at the release and the guy next to me asked if his 15-year-old daughter would like it. I almost said yes just to be cruel. XD

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

aaircrash

I just started to read the Hunger Games series (since I saw the movie yesterday I feel obligated to do so now xD), I really enjoy them so far~

Wishing Uzuki Shimamura, Rin Shibuya

Owning Miriam (Smart Doll Mirai), Alexia (DDS Marisa Kirisame)

Talolili

I did the same thing, aairchrash. I haven't finished the book yet but it's pretty good so far.

chien

I'm also nose deep in Hunger Games! Still haven't finished the first book. I noticed that when reading on the iPad 3/New iPad (ugh, that name) it gets really hot and the battery is drained super quick. :/ Kind of a deterrent when it comes to reading actually, which is terrible since it's supposed to be a kind of eReader. I do enjoy it a lot though. I don't often read books that are written from first person. I've been trying to look into more second person books recently because it's challenging to write in that POV.

SandrineD

I'm currently reading a manuscript written by a friend. It hasn't been published yet.

I really like it, it seems somewhere between Foster and Tolkien.

He's also developed a lot of background detail kinda like Tolkien did. I like that.

Avnia

Im reading Terry Pratchett's Guards! Guards! and George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones....It allways seems that I read better when I have two or more books at once

OtakuDepot
Im reading Terry Pratchett's Guards! Guards! and George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones....It allways seems that I read better when I have two or more books at once

Oh, I plan on reading some Terry Pratchett next. I'll be curious to see if you end up enjoying Guards! Guards!

I'm now reading book 3 of the 5 part series called The Belgariad by David Eddings. I'm really enjoying it, it has a real classic fantasy setting - long white bearded wizard and everything.

I have to share one of my favorite quotes from the book. A Knight is challenging another Knight to a dual and says:

“My Lord, I find thy face apelike and thy form misshapen. Thy beard, moreover, is an offense against decency, resembling more closely the scabrous fir which doth decorate the hinder portion of a mongrel dog than a proper adornement for a human face. Is it possible that thy mother, seized by some wild lechery, did dally at some time past with a randy goat?"

Thankfully he's one of the few who speaks in this Old English style.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

wotafarce

Showing my age here but I read the Belgariad and the follow up series The Mallorean when they first came out, I thought they were good and have read them several times over when I am looking for something nice and easy to read that I know I will enjoy, they re-kindled my interest in Fantasy books.

Currently reading Trudi Canavan Priestess of the White, for my fantasy fix, and Mission of Honour by David Webber which a really cool space opera over 13 books for my sci-fi fix.

Avnia

Oh, I plan on reading some Terry Pratchett next. I'll be curious to see if you end up enjoying Guards! Guards!

Yes, I do....I think it's on of he's best books (Ive read it several times) Pratchett is one of those that one either loves, or hates

Crashrobot

^^; Ooops, Had to edit my post. I'm currently reading Fable: The Balverine Order by Peter David. So, far it's pretty good. Soon, I would like to get into reading Lord of the rings. I've seen the movies and the cartoon but never read any of the books.

Edited by Guest

JoltFiend

I finally finished reading Storm of Swords yesterday and have started on Feed by Mira Grant.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Innocentsake

Like many others here I'm also enjoying The Hunger Games I'm actually listening to the audio book which is great for my drive to and from work. After watching the movie on Sunday I really wanted to listen to the books and I love the lady who is narrating it~

klein

I just recently read Headhunters by Jo Nesbø which I really enjoyed, before that I reread Battle Royale by Kōshun Takami besides that I have bee reading tons of Batman comics I intend to reread the A Song of Ice and Fire series on my ereader during my very long car trip here in the next few days, though I can never quite bring myself to reread A Dance with Dragons.

6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg

My Flickr - Pullip_junk; For list of my DD see my profile

katnaper

Currently catching up on Simon Green's Nightside Series. I do so love John Taylor He reminds me of Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden only darker.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

sarynkitamo

Well, I've got a tendency to take around 10 books out of the library at a time, so I shall pour over this list and see if I can't find some new reading material.

Right now, though I've got one more book in the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop until I'm done, but I've been reading Michelle Sagara's Chronicles of Elantra. I'm on the third book, Cast in Courtlight. It's got a good mix of humor and fantasy, which I quite like.

Let's see... I also recently finished Robin Hobb's City of Dragons and seriously can't wait for the next book!

milkytea

I'm currently reading Pamela by Samuel Richardson. I've read it several times, but I really love it. XD

MyuMyu

I'm reading The Crown Conspiracy by Michael J. Sullivan. It's the first volume of the Riyria Revelations. The start was a little slow but now I feel totally hooked to the novel

JoltFiend

Feed was a pretty quick read for me, and I did like it. I then started "The Key to Creation" by Kevin J. Anderson, but then I remembered that "A Wind Through the Keyhole" by Stephen King came out, so I'm reading that one instead.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Caillou

I recently read Hunger Games (just before the movie came out) and I then read the next two books, just like a lot of people here. It was so awesome! Now I'm reading Canada History for Dummies (I'm very interested in history )

Nekopon

The Hunger Game series was great! the last book was kind of depressing though...

I've just finished the second book of the Divergent series, Insurgent by Veronica Roth. It's pretty good! Think you'll like it if you liked the Hunger Games.

Caillou

Well, I will look into it! It's always great to have new books to read! I'm a huge fan of reading