Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DefectiveAngel

Quick pics of Rin and Melty

DefectiveAngel

Hello everyone, It has been a very long time since I've taken pictures or posted on the forums. I unfortunately let depression and work take over me for over a year. I ignored all my hobbies and got in a pretty bad place. Then back in November I fell at work and hurt my legs really bad. Seemed like everything was going wrong. But I'm glad to say that now I'm finally starting to feel a bit better.

I had adopted an original Rin Tohsaka and Melty back in 2016, but because of all that was going on I didn't get any proper pictures of them. I felt so bad that I had ignored them and didn't show them off properly.

So I took some time the other evening to attempt some pictures. They are just some pictures taken with my phone so I know they aren't the best. But it's a small step to sharing pictures of my girls again. Regardless I hope everyone enjoys the pictures.

~First up is Melty~

26575298448_b69c340021_z.jpgMelty by Kristen, on Flickr

39735846144_96ca0a185b_z.jpgMelty by Kristen, on Flickr

40446333911_57f1b3a7aa_z.jpgMelty by Kristen, on Flickr

39550116225_ff27378be8_z.jpgMelty by Kristen, on Flickr

39550190435_0f6548577d_z.jpgMelty by Kristen, on Flickr

40446405601_d862df6b1e_z.jpgMelty by Kristen, on Flickr

40446501101_d6007bc02d_z.jpgMelty by Kristen, on Flickr

39550252125_c7d3f1f965_z.jpgMelty by Kristen, on Flickr

~Next is Rin~

She did have her original eyes in but one was cracked so I have these in for now. I think they look okay.

25575451707_cff64ac008_z.jpgRin by Kristen, on Flickr

40446547671_41f3458631_z.jpgRin by Kristen, on Flickr

26575676688_608e482f73_z.jpgRin by Kristen, on Flickr

39550443725_ce1129859c_z.jpgRin by Kristen, on Flickr

38636238960_ce95a88169_z.jpgRin by Kristen, on Flickr

25575649737_4eaba06cda_z.jpgRin by Kristen, on Flickr

40402934382_ea3b056822_z.jpgRin by Kristen, on Flickr

39736287324_9344b6d8c0_z.jpgRin by Kristen, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

TheWhiteRabbit

Your girls are beautiful! I love melty in that colorful wig. Nice to see you posting again, glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope you continue to improve and share your girls!

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

baldylox

Hooray! I'm so happy that you and your girls are back and posting! I know I missed you and them.

Both of them look so nice! Even for phone pics, you've done a great job of showing how pretty each of them is. Melty is just so cute with that pastel wig. And the outfit she's wearing helps make her even cuter. Rin is also looking great, that wig works very well with her face shape.

Congrats on such beautiful girls and thanks for sharing them with us again! I can't wait to see more!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Amber

Kristen, I am so happy to see you. I also disappeared from the hobby for a long time due to depression. My old forum name here was Arienette, but I had it changed to my actual name. I wonder if you will remember me.

I always remembered your and your dolls because I love how you styled and personalized them. I came back recently and got in contact with some people, I noticed you had not posted. I wondered what happened to you. When I saw your post I got really excited.

I love the wig you have for Melty, the multi-colors are so cute! I think they go very nicely with her eyes. Melty is such a cute doll, she is one that I really love seeing pictures of. I also love the wig you chose for Rin. I don't think I've ever seen a Rin with that wig color before, but it looks so pretty! I love that color. I think I have like 4 wigs in a similar color from Leekeworld.

I love your photos even if they are on your phone, they are very nice! They show your girls well too. I hope that you continue to feel better. I am struggling myself, right now. I wish the best for you and hope to see more posts from you.

sinclair

I love your Melty. So cute. And hard to believe that is Rin, I wouldn't have known if you didn't say.

DefectiveAngel
Your girls are beautiful! I love melty in that colorful wig. Nice to see you posting again, glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope you continue to improve and share your girls!

Awwww thank you so much!!! I love Melty in that wig as well. I actually knew it was going to be her wig before I even got her..lol Thanks again for your kind words and support I really appreciate it.

Hooray! I'm so happy that you and your girls are back and posting! I know I missed you and them.

Both of them look so nice! Even for phone pics, you've done a great job of showing how pretty each of them is. Melty is just so cute with that pastel wig. And the outfit she's wearing helps make her even cuter. Rin is also looking great, that wig works very well with her face shape.

Congrats on such beautiful girls and thanks for sharing them with us again! I can't wait to see more!

Billy

Thank you so very much!! I missed you and your girls as well, along with all the people I was use to seeing post here on the forums. I can't get over how much your family has grown..lol

I'm glad you liked my girls and the pictures. I had actually charged my camera battery for this occasion, but since my camera is so old I figured my phone would take better quality pictures. I'm probably going to invest in a decent camera here soon so I can enjoy picture sharing better.

That wig seems to be a big hit for Melty. Like I wrote up above I knew that was Melty's wig before she even arrived..lol I also like if you can position it just right you can show off her cute elf ears. :3

And thanks about Rin and her wig. That was a spur of the moment change. She was wearing a long light pink wig, but I like how this wig made her look very mature in that school uniform.

Don't worry I'll be sure to try and share more. I have several girls that suffered their deserved photo time because of my dumb depression and work having me close so much.

Kristen, I am so happy to see you. I also disappeared from the hobby for a long time due to depression. My old forum name here was Arienette, but I had it changed to my actual name. I wonder if you will remember me.

I always remembered your and your dolls because I love how you styled and personalized them. I came back recently and got in contact with some people, I noticed you had not posted. I wondered what happened to you. When I saw your post I got really excited.

I love the wig you have for Melty, the multi-colors are so cute! I think they go very nicely with her eyes. Melty is such a cute doll, she is one that I really love seeing pictures of. I also love the wig you chose for Rin. I don't think I've ever seen a Rin with that wig color before, but it looks so pretty! I love that color. I think I have like 4 wigs in a similar color from Leekeworld.

I love your photos even if they are on your phone, they are very nice! They show your girls well too. I hope that you continue to feel better. I am struggling myself, right now. I wish the best for you and hope to see more posts from you.

Hi Amber, yes I remember you!! I knew right away when I seen the picture next to your name. I'm sorry that you have had to deal with depression as well. I completely understand what you was probably going through. Sometimes taking a break from things can be helpful. I know mine just made me uninterested in all the things that made me happy. But deep down I knew that was making me more miserable cutting out my doll hobby and love of anime. It is very nice to be back taking interest my dolls. Even though they always remained right there in my bedroom I still missed them very much.

That makes me very happy that you remembered how I would style my dolls. Thank you about Melty and Rin's wig choice. I know I wanted Melty more than anything. Even if the one I found has a custom face up I still think she is adorable. I wanted a wig for Melty that it would be possible to show off those cute elf ears of hers. I also love the color scheme of the wig for her as well, I'm glad you liked it too. For Rin that was a spur of the moment wig choice. I use to let my Alna wear that wig, but I like how it gave Rin such a mature look. The color of it is actually my favorite hair color, so I'm glad it worked well on Rin. Now I just need to find Rin some better eyes.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment!! That really made my day reading that. I hope things will continue to improve for you. I know how hard it can be. If you ever need to talk feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to help you out the best I can. And I'll for sure will be making more posts. I have several girls that never had many good pictures taken of them. So look forward to that plus of course many more pictures of Melty and Rin.

I love your Melty. So cute. And hard to believe that is Rin, I wouldn't have known if you didn't say.

Thank you very much for your comment! I'm glad you really like my Melty.

And yeah when I got my Rin off of Mandarake she didn't have her default items except her eyes which had a crack in one. Plus when it comes to my girls I really like trying different looks the best I can and not sticking with their standard look. It's fun seeing how you can transform their intended character.

Amber

Yay you remember me!

Oh my gosh, what you said is EXACTLY how I felt. I had no interest in anything, I didn't want to do anything, even though I knew that was bad for me. My dolls, my happiness, were right there next to me in the cabinet every day. I'd look at them, but not do anything with them. I don't even know why, I just felt so sad that it was crippling. Then I decided that I love them so much and I am sad, I need them and the hobby to bring happiness back. It has not been easy for me, I am taking it slow I guess, but I have already started to feel a bit better. Not only because of my dolls, but reconnecting with everyone here on the forums... It has brought me joy that I have not had in a very long time.

I love your Melty, the wig is perfect. I see that other people like it for her as well. It just seems to have been made for her. I do like that you can style it to see her ears. The elf ears are so cute. I want an elf doll one day. I love elves and fairy type things.

It does make Rin look mature, it makes her look very unique compared to other ones that I have seen. Like, I can still tell it is Rin of course, but she has a special aura about her. It brightens up her face somehow, and I think it looks great on her. I like the eyes she has now, so I am looking forward to what change you decide to do.

Thank you for your support, if you need anything I am here for you as well. I can't wait to see your new pictures and posts of your girls. I always enjoyed your photos. Your Yuki, Rina, and Alna are some of my most favorites of those molds I have ever seen. I now have a Yuki and Rina myself, I never thought I'd see the day.

Bouncing_Tigger

Melty is my grail doll and my husband got her for me several years ago for Christmas so I know how you feel about her! I just can't get over how different she looks with that awesome wig, though! It makes her look so much younger to me for some reason. Of course, she would look good in anything IMHO. I can't wait to see more pictures of her!

DefectiveAngel
Melty is my grail doll and my husband got her for me several years ago for Christmas so I know how you feel about her! I just can't get over how different she looks with that awesome wig, though! It makes her look so much younger to me for some reason. Of course, she would look good in anything IMHO. I can't wait to see more pictures of her!

Congrats!! I'm happy you were able to get her as well. She really is an amazing sculpt. I kept seeing all these awesome owner pictures of her and I wanted one as well so badly.

Thank you about the wig. Out of all my wigs I currently own I knew that one was for sure for Melty.

I agree it does make her look younger. I might later on find a more mature wig for her. But right now I adore her too much looking so cute in these twintails. And don't worry I'll try to share plenty more pictures of her.

Yay you remember me!

Oh my gosh, what you said is EXACTLY how I felt. I had no interest in anything, I didn't want to do anything, even though I knew that was bad for me. My dolls, my happiness, were right there next to me in the cabinet every day. I'd look at them, but not do anything with them. I don't even know why, I just felt so sad that it was crippling. Then I decided that I love them so much and I am sad, I need them and the hobby to bring happiness back. It has not been easy for me, I am taking it slow I guess, but I have already started to feel a bit better. Not only because of my dolls, but reconnecting with everyone here on the forums... It has brought me joy that I have not had in a very long time.

I love your Melty, the wig is perfect. I see that other people like it for her as well. It just seems to have been made for her. I do like that you can style it to see her ears. The elf ears are so cute. I want an elf doll one day. I love elves and fairy type things.

It does make Rin look mature, it makes her look very unique compared to other ones that I have seen. Like, I can still tell it is Rin of course, but she has a special aura about her. It brightens up her face somehow, and I think it looks great on her. I like the eyes she has now, so I am looking forward to what change you decide to do.

Thank you for your support, if you need anything I am here for you as well. I can't wait to see your new pictures and posts of your girls. I always enjoyed your photos. Your Yuki, Rina, and Alna are some of my most favorites of those molds I have ever seen. I now have a Yuki and Rina myself, I never thought I'd see the day.

Of course I remember you!! You have always been very nice and encouraging to me when I post pictures. A huge congrats on being able to get Yuki and Rina!! They are such an amazing pair. I actually never planned on getting Rina too, but someone posted her for a good deal so I was like might a well...lol

Thank you so much for such kind words about my Yuki, Rina, and Alna. That means so much to me that they were able to make such an impression on you. I try as hard as I can to style them to their very best. I think it's my lack of confidence that keeps me thinking I'm not doing very well when I style my dolls. So I really appreciate that they are some of your favorites.

And you are very welcome. I really am glad things are starting to look up for you. That's really wonderful you starting to feel that joy again. I know it can be a very slow process, but it seems like you are taking the steps in the right direction. That's really good you have been able to reconnect with so many people. I have to say that is still one of my biggest problems I still close myself off from others. I don't like putting myself out there to lessen the chance of getting hurt.

But like I said I am very glad things are improving for you. I'm slowly getting there myself and still far from 100%. We just have to take it one day at a time. I'm hoping this weekend I can maybe take pictures of my Lucy Misora. Also if possible some pictures of my Volks standard Miko, well you know me she is far from what Volks pictured her as...lol She's no longer has a Dddy body, she's on a DDS body with L bust. I think she's much cuter like this. She got adopted in around when I stopped doing as many pictures and I would like to show her off properly along with Lucy.

I look forward to being to post more and being able to read your wonderful comments. You have a fantastic weekend!!

Tira

I gotta admit, I was really confused at first... I didn't read closely enough, and thought the first girl was Rin because of the twintails. Rin reminds me a lot of Kurisu from Steins;gate with that wig and those eyes.

Ie-Aster

I really like Melty's styling, especially the wig you chose for her. It goes well with her eyes and I like the subtlety of the highlight.

Rin sort of reminds me of Kurisu as well, I have to say!

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

DefectiveAngel
I gotta admit, I was really confused at first... I didn't read closely enough, and thought the first girl was Rin because of the twintails. Rin reminds me a lot of Kurisu from Steins;gate with that wig and those eyes.

That was my bad. I kinda just mashed everything together. I have yet to watch Steins;gate, but I think I know who you are talking about. I'll have to look it up to compare. Thanks for the comment!

I really like Melty's styling, especially the wig you chose for her. It goes well with her eyes and I like the subtlety of the highlight.

Rin sort of reminds me of Kurisu as well, I have to say!

Thank you so much about Melty! And now that two people agree about Rin looking like Kurisu I'm definitely going to have to check that out. And thank you for the comment!

Lillybeth802

Such beautiful girls!!!

ragnamuffin

Sorry to rev such an old topic, but does anyone know where Melty’s wig here is from? @Stupid_Hoomun has a very similar one he got secondhand off eBay, but we don’t know where it’s from or who made it. Any info is much appreciated!