Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
K-2

Smart Doll Release Announcements

K-2

Where has Danny been posting the release announcements for new Smart Dolls?

Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? Somewhere else?

He used to send out emails to customers but doesn't seem to do that anymore.

MVSig.jpg

Eiko82

He tends to announce them on his social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). I would advise to keep an eye out on his Twitter. I have the impression that he posts it there first.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

cirquemom

I don't do twitter or instagram and it seems like those are the main places he released information. I'm on a smartdoll page on facebook and generally find out second-hand.

K-2 I'll let you know if/when I hear anything. I'm waiting patiently for Infinity.

Biggest problem is being in California, things tend to be released on Tokyo time and by the time I wake up the next morning, they're already sold out.

Yumeiro

His releases have been quite a mess too. The licensed dolls aside, the other dolls (and clothes) get the "released in May" and then when it is May, he posts on instagram or twitter a day or so in advance, before they go up.

So I do not think he has a schedule to be able to reliably send out emails anymore... But perhaps someone should inquire about it?

Mizuumi-no-Otome

He seems to mostly post about releases on Instagram and Twitter as other people have mentioned. Personally I find his methods of announcing releases to be a little messy, I guess the transparency is fun and all but it seems he mentions a new product+ release date, then changes it a bunch as he goes. I saw a comment on IG where he got a little snarky about someone being upset over the delay of Harmony's release. Kind of put a bad taste in my mouth.

I'd prefer something a little more organized, but I'm not personally invested in SMD to care enough.

SakuraRose
I saw a comment on IG where he got a little snarky about someone being upset over the delay of Harmony's release. Kind of put a bad taste in my mouth.

Yeah, he can be surprisingly rude at times...I remember one time on Twitter he announced that some girls will be limited and some people were unhappy (naturally). He replied to one person somewhere along the lines of, "Do you know how much it costs to keep so many in stock?" I get that customers are frustrating but complaining on social media, and also directly to a customer, isn't very professional.

It_Maybe459

I feel that Instagram is the best place to keep up to date, as it only has Danny posts unlike the twitter pages, (easier to scroll back over info). And also in the past, he has said things on twitter that he has taken back later like with the Eiji Kai release

amarantinenoir

I've been wondering about releases! It feels like every time he says something will be coming out, it doesn't, aside from clothes. Memory serves, Harmony was supposed to be out in February, but the month is almost over and she's still not here (maybe I''ll be made to eat my words).

I get all my updates from Twitter, which works for me, but I feel the inconsistency too. As much as I love prototypes, I'd really like to get some solid release information.

ajl
I feel that Instagram is the best place to keep up to date, as it only has Danny posts unlike the twitter pages, (easier to scroll back over info). And also in the past, he has said things on twitter that he has taken back later like with the Eiji Kai release

I don't like instagram that much. The feed is a mess since everything is out of order and you can't do chronological list order anymore. I'd use it more if everything was in the order it was posted like it used to be. I don't have time to check a bunch of instagram accounts individually for stuff. And I hate seeing a finished product, then a WIP posted weeks earlier, because instagram's feed system is messed up.

Twitter I can put all doll stuff on a list and check that when I want to and it all stays in order.

magique
I've been wondering about releases! It feels like every time he says something will be coming out, it doesn't, aside from clothes. Memory serves, Harmony was supposed to be out in February, but the month is almost over and she's still not here (maybe I''ll be made to eat my words).

I get all my updates from Twitter, which works for me, but I feel the inconsistency too. As much as I love prototypes, I'd really like to get some solid release information.

I believe he had a poll asking if people would like newer eyes for Harmony, so he delayed the release to make them. No idea when she'll come out tho.

amarantinenoir

I believe he had a poll asking if people would like newer eyes for Harmony, so he delayed the release to make them. No idea when she'll come out tho.

Makes sense! I didn't know that.

Funny enough, though, this morning I saw a tweet saying the countdown for her release has begun. Not even 24 hours after I made my initial post. Made me laugh. I knew, if I complained...

K-2
Funny enough, though, this morning I saw a tweet saying the countdown for her release has begun. Not even 24 hours after I made my initial post. Made me laugh. I knew, if I complained...

Good. Start complaining about Infinity for me.

MVSig.jpg

magique

Honestly, anyone have that graphic he posted a while ago? Where he had like all 9 dolls that are waiting for a release? I can't keep track of em all, lol.

K-2

From Danny's Instagram, Feb 6 (?).

9SD.jpg

MVSig.jpg

Eiko82

Number 3 is so cute!! I love her so much

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

NeeP

Sigh... No cocoa boy though...

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Jeez, that's a lot of dolls to be developing all at once. I feel like maybe he should just....keep his projects secret and tease one or two at a time, maybe narrow down how many he's developing at once.

I also feel like some of these, without wigs and eyes would all look pretty similar. But I could be wrong.

amarantinenoir

Good. Start complaining about Infinity for me.

I should, 'cause she's really cute.

K-2

In a way I'm kind of glad he teased us with 9 months of Smart Doll releases. Now I can decide who to spend my monies on.

MVSig.jpg

chikemuri

The anniversary edition of Mirai looks so cute to me, I hope I have enough money by the time she comes around. No.1 is cute too~

magique
From Danny's Instagram, Feb 6 (?).

9SD.jpg

Thank you for finding it! Yeah, that's a lot of dolls. 3 is extremely cute for some reason tho.

Sniiksnak

I really like Mirai’s new face, maybe it’s just a good photo but she looks a lot less tired/derpy. More eccentric.

NeeP

Speaking of announcements, Danny announced through Twitter the that Melody is for sale again...

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Shailara
Jeez, that's a lot of dolls to be developing all at once. I feel like maybe he should just....keep his projects secret and tease one or two at a time, maybe narrow down how many he's developing at once.

I also feel like some of these, without wigs and eyes would all look pretty similar. But I could be wrong.

He's not EXACTLY developing all 9 at the same time, and some of them have been coming a LONG time now (like 2+6 who also happen to be the same sculpt, I believe they were meant to be released in August of last year but were delayed). By which I mean that some of the girls are already released sculpts in different colors or with different face-ups.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)