The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

pukilouis

New project, DD Dye (New Update 4/05/2018)

pukilouis

Hello everyone!!!

I always wanted a Dollfie Dream tanned skin and a few days ago I had the opportunity to rescue a doll that was very poorly looked after, the skin had it with ugly and stained colors ... I saw the opportunity that she was my doll so skin.

To test I am using parabox hands that I have at home, since it is the same material, and so I can see how the color is, or if it is very dark or very soft.

For now I like it but I want the color to be a little more brown, because then it softens with time.

I'll go buy more dye, in my case I used the color Chocolate and Tann (for my taste the tann is like a beige orange color and gives a more beautiful shade).

Here you can see the comparison of the normal color of the factory and the color of the tann hand that I made, it has been 30 seconds submerged in dye, the dye was two envelopes of 36 grams of color in 3 liters of hot water, about 90 degrees.

PRIMERA_opt.jpg

31755304_2155086868058315_4718279057945395200_n_opt.jpg

I will update the post with more photos and more color tests^^

4/05/2018

new update!!!

I made two types of tones that I liked, one with color like cinnamon and one lighter. I think I like cinnamon more, it's soft and orange, very pretty.

Maybe I'll do a third color test and make it more chocolate. I'm waiting for the new coloring.

This time I left my hand in dye and water for a whole night, but the dye and cold water. It is perfect to have a little more color.

There is not much difference but I like ^^

31914182_2157147494518919_8267843114593419264_n_opt.jpg

Edited by Guest

Parabox And DollfieDream Lover.

Sin%20ttulo-1%20copia_opt.jpg

Parabox Facebook Group: Parabox Obitsu Doll Lovers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1660092734307638/?fref=ts

Eustia

Interesting. I am always interested in these sorts of projects. Would love to see some fantasy colours (blue, green etc).

The main issue I have seen with such projects in the past, is that the joints don't absorb the dye like the vinyl parts do. What do you intend to do about that?

pukilouis
Interesting. I am always interested in these sorts of projects. Would love to see some fantasy colours (blue, green etc).

The main issue I have seen with such projects in the past, is that the joints don't absorb the dye like the vinyl parts do. What do you intend to do about that?

Absorb differently you have to find the point, if for example I need more dye because you have to cook it in different proportion

Eustia
Absorb differently you have to find the point, if for example I need more dye because you have to cook it in different proportion

Hm, is it that simple? The joints are a different material, so I thought it'd need a different kind of dye, which would result in colour disparity. Still, curious to see how you go. Very keenly interested.

pukilouis

Hm, is it that simple? The joints are a different material, so I thought it'd need a different kind of dye, which would result in colour disparity. Still, curious to see how you go. Very keenly interested.

It's plastic and dyed with the same as vinyl, but you have to find the point. It's hard but good ... You have to try it, while I get a similar color I'll be happy

Bellatrix

It's plastic and dyed with the same as vinyl, but you have to find the point. It's hard but good ... You have to try it, while I get a similar color I'll be happy

I have seen some examples, and it looked nice, but super easy to chip... I will be waiting for updates on your project! Looks good so far.

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

elianti

Ooooh, very nice! Ambitious mod projects like dye is a nice way to rescue dolls. I’m not sure about what kind of dye you’re using, but if it’s a disperse dye meant for polyester/synthetic fabrics then 90 degrees might not be hot enough to really make the vinyl take to the dye? Whenever I did tests with both a low water temperature and a short dye time I found that the dye faded a lot more. If you have parts to spare, perhaps try dyeing a test part with the same amount of dye and water, but keep the water temperature above the boiling point and keep the test piece in the dye longer than 30 seconds, like a minute or more?

For the joints though be careful to not use too hot water... DD joints especially can crack pretty easily under higher heat. A LOT of dye + lower temperature + a longer dyeing time seemed to work best for me but it still fades after a while. Dye is so finicky and even the smallest things can affect it so I’m honestly scared to do it again(but I’ll have to eventually...). I wish you good luck for your project though! The color you got already is very nice so I hope you’ll get your perfect color soon~~~

pukilouis
Ooooh, very nice! Ambitious mod projects like dye is a nice way to rescue dolls. I’m not sure about what kind of dye you’re using, but if it’s a disperse dye meant for polyester/synthetic fabrics then 90 degrees might not be hot enough to really make the vinyl take to the dye? Whenever I did tests with both a low water temperature and a short dye time I found that the dye faded a lot more. If you have parts to spare, perhaps try dyeing a test part with the same amount of dye and water, but keep the water temperature above the boiling point and keep the test piece in the dye longer than 30 seconds, like a minute or more?

For the joints though be careful to not use too hot water... DD joints especially can crack pretty easily under higher heat. A LOT of dye + lower temperature + a longer dyeing time seemed to work best for me but it still fades after a while. Dye is so finicky and even the smallest things can affect it so I’m honestly scared to do it again(but I’ll have to eventually...). I wish you good luck for your project though! The color you got already is very nice so I hope you’ll get your perfect color soon~~~

Ooooh I'm very happy with your answer and advice, I've followed your project a lot, I've saved it in favorites. I have been coloring parabox hands that I had at home and did not use, they are like my color tests.

Thanks for the advice, the truth is that it is a difficult task but I think it will work out well. Now I use the tints of Rit, the color Tann Bronze and Chocolate. What happens is that I only bought 31g of powder and it's not enough ... Now I ordered Rit Chocolate Brown of 260g in liquid. There are some pieces that do not pigment like others ... it's complicated ...

I'll upload more photos of this project when I'm moving forward. Thanks for everything and if you have more suggestions tell me, I'm very interested!

elianti

That cinnamon shade is very pretty! Interesting how you left it overnight. It sounds like it works well with your dye to slowly get a stronger color. I really hope it doesn’t fade a lot. I think you should still try to go for a color that is a bit stronger/darker though if that’s how you want it to be in the end because I think some fading will happen no matter what.

pukilouis
That cinnamon shade is very pretty! Interesting how you left it overnight. It sounds like it works well with your dye to slowly get a stronger color. I really hope it doesn’t fade a lot. I think you should still try to go for a color that is a bit stronger/darker though if that’s how you want it to be in the end because I think some fading will happen no matter what.

I also think that it should be darker because then you will lose a bit of color. I'm waiting for more dye to arrive, I hope it does not take long ... I want to dye and make up my girl